The Remnants of Atlantis (A Pokemon Reborn Hardcore Water-type Monotype Run)

Lord Chespin

Update #35: The Day the Earth Stood Steelix

Well, the Steelix wasn't all that bad, but I guess that's to be expected, since I had a mono-water team. Anyway, Kitara led with Cress, and he did quite a lot of damage with a scald; sadly, he didn't get a burn off, and fainted to a single earthquake. Memekip came out next, and he managed to lower the Steelix's accuracy with a muddy water... only to miss two more muddy waters and fall to an iron head and a stone edge. Luckily, Catherine was able to swoop in and end it with a mighty brine, ending the fight! Onward to the PULSE Abra!

The team so far:

swampert.gifMemekip (Male) - Lv. 54

samurott.gifCain (Male) - Lv. 54

quagsire-f.gifDerpi (Female) - Lv. 54

simipour.gifCress (Male) - Lv. 53

jellicent-f.gifCatherine (Female) - Lv. 55

ludicolo-f.gifRacist (Female) - Lv. 54

Edited by Lord Chespin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update #36: Tele-Frag

Well, the PULSE Abra was kind of hard, but I think I ended up getting kind of lucky. On TEH URN, Kitara led with Cress, but he fell to a single energy ball. Racist came out next, and he managed to seriously dent it with a hydro pump, but fainted to two shock waves. Cain came out swinging with an aqua jet, but like Cress before him he fell to an energy ball. Catherine then came out, and to my amazement, she survived a psychic to end the Abra with a shadow ball! With that over with, it's time to take on Noel for real this time!

The team so far:

swampert.gifMemekip (Male) - Lv. 54

samurott.gifCain (Male) - Lv. 54

quagsire-f.gifDerpi (Female) - Lv. 54

simipour.gifCress (Male) - Lv. 53

jellicent-f.gifCatherine (Female) - Lv. 55

ludicolo-f.gifRacist (Female) - Lv. 54

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #37: Standard Operating Procedures

Well, I had to cheese the fight with Noel a little by altering the weather so it was raining, but I still think I did pretty well. On TEH URN, Kitara led with Heather, and Noel led with his Cinccino. Thanks to swift swim, Heather managed to set up two layers of toxic spikes, but ended up fainting to a rock blast and a tail slap. Racist came out next, and she managed to tank a tail slap and do massive damage with two giga drains, ending the Cinccino!

Noel's Staraptor came out next, but it wasn't exactly a powerful one; it did some serious damage to Lord Cover (whom Kitara swapped Racist out for) with a close combat, but Lord Cover was able to OHKO it with a rock slide. Moving on...

Up next came Noel's Pyroar... and I'll be honest, this guy was a pain. Memekip came out, but he fell instantly to a field-boosted hidden power grass. Cress came out next, but he fell instantly to a hidden power as well. Running out of options, Kitara sent out Catherine, who miraculously managed to survive a dark pulse and ended it with a brine!

Noel sent out his Porygon-Z next, and Kitara sent Racist out again. Racist shrugged off a discharge and did massive damage with two giga drains, ending the glitchy virtual life-form!

Noel then sent out his obligatory Mega, Mega Lopunny. Racist stayed on the field, and he did impressive damage with a hydro pump, but also took serious damage in return from a jump kick. Luckily, he was able to KO Lopunny with a mighty giga drain, leaving only Noel's ace!

Noel's Clefable, his ace and only Pokemon that wasn't a normal-type, came out, and Kitara kept Racist on the field. He did impressive damage with a hydro pump, but fell to a moonblast, propting Catherine to come out.Noel used an ultra potion on Clefable, so Catherine wasn't able to knock it out with a brine on her first turn out; however, despite getting her special attack lowered by a moonblast, she was able to knock it out with two more brines, ending the fight! With the Standard Badge in hand, it's time to go forward onto Route 1!

The team so far:

swampert.gifMemekip (Male) - Lv. 55

carracosta.gifLord Cover (Male) - Lv. 55

qwilfish.gifHeather (Female) - Lv. 55

simipour.gifCress (Male) - Lv. 55

jellicent-f.gifCatherine (Female) - Lv. 56

ludicolo-f.gifRacist (Female) - Lv. 55

Edited by Lord Chespin