Strangest things you've eaten

Cow testes.

the polite term is rocky mountain oysters, or so I'm told. =P

Well, there's octopus in takoyaki balls, but they don't taste like much, really.

I don't think calamari counts, because lots of people eat that. It's delicious.

gator sausage in naw'lins was rather spicy, so if it had a flavor, I couldn't tell.

Tried a termite when I was in Costa Rica. Tasted like a roasted peanut.

I tried a little playdough as a kid (dem pre-school days). tastes like salty raw dough... cuz that's kind of exactly what it is.

Crayons taste like wax. Again, that's pretty much what they are.

• Upvote 1

Can't remember what it was called anymore, but my father brought me to one of those places where you can find many things from decades ago and we ate this pork jelly thingy.

Apparently it was made of pork fat and had a lot of collagen and it didn't taste that bad but I couldn't get over the fact that I ate pig jelly of all the flavors I could have.

When I was in Japan, I went to one of those rotating-sushi-plate restaurants. Host family grabbed some assorted plates and decided I should get to eat the sashimi with the radioactive-blue colored fish. To this day I have no idea what kind of fish could possibly look like that, but damn it was delicious.

• 2 months later...

Cow brains, cow tongue, cow heart, and durian.

Brain was pretty yuck, but tongue makes a mean stew meat, and heart is excellent when cut in thin strips, marinated and grilled until it's like jerky.

Durian was also very gross.

Uh, weird shit I've eaten. Non-food wise the half box of crayons I ate out of spite when my teacher held us for lunch. (I was hungry)

Food wise I'm a foodie so I've been willing to try a lot of shit, Haggis, Turtle, Chocolate Ants (weren't that bad at all would reccomend), Black pudding which was made outta blood, Eyeballs of various animals.

The strangest thing I've had by far has GOT to be the millenium egg, it's an egg preserved in clay and other things for a few months and it smells like death and ammonia. Mouthwash + Milennium egg = VERY BAD IDEA

Oh, I almost forgot to blare on about the incident which I've probably already mentioned everywhere except here, when it should most belong here.

As a kid, I drank the sap of various cacti in my Grandma's Cactus Garden, acting under the belief that they store water which can when h a desert traveller's thirst.

Well, I later realised that most species of cacti have sap which is varyingly toxic and even hallucinogenic. I had a horrible stomach ache and also suffered a fevered delirium. Of course, I also got into trouble with my Grandma for ruining her prized cacti.

As a kid, I drank the sap of various cacti in my Grandma's Cactus Garden, acting under the belief that they store water which can when h a desert traveller's thirst.

Well, I later realised that most species of cacti have sap which is varyingly toxic and even hallucinogenic. I had a horrible stomach ache and also suffered a fevered delirium. Of course, I also got into trouble with my Grandma for ruining her prized cacti.

When I was in Japan, I went to one of those rotating-sushi-plate restaurants. Host family grabbed some assorted plates and decided I should get to eat the sashimi with the radioactive-blue colored fish. To this day I have no idea what kind of fish could possibly look like that, but damn it was delicious.

lingcod sometimes get really really blue meat, so that's probably it.

i've eaten whole octopuses and squids at several occasions. shit's delicious. and strange pills at parties but you know

Cloth. I bite my handkerchief and towels often when nervous outside that I sometimes chop off some of those small bits of cloth and accidentally swallowed some once. Since I was anxious, I ended up worrying about it all day, even though it was just one string.

For where I live this is a very common meal but trust me the first time around is weird as all hell...

Raw oyster... The texture is the worst part the first time around, but eventually you can eat them one after another with some sauce and a cracker... I'm a sea food guy so I have to say, it wasn't the mangrove snappers I like to catch, but it was definitely a unique food to try the first time.

• 7 months later...