[Worlds Apart: Vyker] The Yggdrasil Journals [Anecdotes/Fiction]

Code: PIRULUK

The world of Vyker, much like any other world, has a myriad of tales, from a myriad of people. Most go untold, but some are passed down, by word of mouth or by writing, and eventually make their way here. The Yggdrasil Journals. A collection of these tales, some exciting, some sad, all compelling. Come now; let us take a walk down these pages, and immerse ourselves in these well-worn tales...

• Upvote 1

Defector

My name... is Malik Timayev. I am Twenty-three years, eight months, and twelve days old. I am trained in the tracking and elimination of Ragnarok affiliated individuals. And right now, my Commanding Officer and entire squadron has me held at gunpoint.

One might ask how I got into this situation. I'll give you the short version of events; I probably won't be alive long enough to give full details. I am... was... a Valkyrie Sniper. My missions were simple, always the same structure: Go to this location, Wait for this individual to arrive, Dispatch them after identity confirmed, eliminate any stray witnesses to the shot, return to headquarters. It was straight forward. It was easy. All I ever had to do was be a good little soldier, all I had to do was just carry out the orders without thinking about them, pull the trigger first, ask questions never. All I had to do was accept everything my CO and superiors spoon fed me like an infant. A cheap drone could've replaced me in my occupation, and at far less pay.

But I'm in the situation I'm in now because I've decided that I'm not going to play the part of the good little soldier anymore. I'm standing here because my trigger finger fell still when I had the most infamous man in the world in my sights. The reason I have eleven laser sights trained on my chest and torso... is because I refused to execute the masked man... because I refused to kill Loki.

One might ask why I wouldn't want to kill him, given my disposition. I'll tell you why. Imagine if centuries ago, you were a service member in the armed forces of the United States. Imagine if you were shipped off to fight the wars in Afghanistan. now imagine if you, one soldier, one little, insignificant little cog in the machine compared to the bigger picture, had Osama Bin Laden directly in your cross-heirs. In just one shot, you could kill him. In one shot, you could become a hero to your country, destroy one of the greatest single enemies your government has ever known. Now imagine that in that same shot, you'd also be ending the lives of at least five hundred school age children. There he is, the man whose taken so much from your countrymen, a man whose done things that are only questionably moral at the very best. You have the power to play God; you can undo some of what he's done, heal some of the pain and harm he's done...all with the simple movement of your index finger. So... would you take the shot? Would you be willing to accept the collateral damage?

If you say yes to those questions, and you're confident in that answer, then kudos to you, because you'd make a better soldier than me any day. But I for one would be fine with just putting down my gun and letting the guy get away. Which is what I just did with Loki.

Just this morning, I was lying in wait on a rooftop for him. Prepared to reign a single shot of hell into a high rise across the way. We had been leaked intel that there'd be some type of meeting between high ranking Ragnarok Officers and the CEO of NovaScientific Inc. Dispatch had sent us out to check for legitimacy. and so we had gone through all the motions like this was an actual operation, when we all were thinking in the back of our minds that this was just another trolling by a bored hacker... which happens to Valkyrie lot more than you might think, even though everyone who tries to pull something eventually gets caught and prosecuted, That still doesn't stop people from attempting to waste Valkyrie's time and resources. Yeah... but it turned out that this call wasn't one of those calls. The intelligence hadn't been faked. And it even gets better; That high ranking Ragnarok Member that was supposed to show up? That was a complete understatement. the head-honcho himself had come out to play. I was under strict orders to withhold all fire unless directed otherwise... it wasn't even two seconds after Loki showed up that Commander Wilkes was screaming into my earpiece telling me to take him out. But... there was one complication. You see, NovaScientific has this habit of allowing kids to come to the Company Headquarters to take tours and field trips. All apart of this 'youth outreach' program they're trying to start in order to convince children early on to get a legitimate career and make something of themselves instead of getting into hacking for a living. And today of all days, they decided that they were going to have their first group come in for a tour... at the exact same time of the meeting.

I'll explain why this resulted in a bit of a cluster fuck on the part of everyone involved. Valkyrie tends to issue all it's field snipers with ridiculously overpowered ammunition for the tasks we're assigned. They have these labs, see, R&D areas scattered all over Vyker. And in these Labs, they develop all types of nasty new ways to kill people... including a multitude of experimental bullets. Now, a simple lead bullet like in they used back in the old days would do just fine, but apparently, actually field testing all the new bullets they keep making (Which, I should mention, they still have not implemented any of into the standard load out for Platoons) would be too cost heavy. So their solution? Snipers=Free Guinea pigs. All they have to do is switch out the contents of our assigned load outs with what they want us to unknowingly test. We aren't allowed to actually check supplies until we reach the field objective, and so we never know until we're out there whether or not we'll be using lead, or some madman's contemplation for warfare instead.

And guess what I got today in my load out? A new Ammo round called "Hell-fire 32-12". Now, from 'Hell-Fire' part of the name, I assumed right off the bat it was a type of incendiary round. as for what 32-12 meant, I had no idea (and still don't know, I might add.). My suspicion was confirmed when I flipped open the lid of the carrying case for it and saw a brief description of what the thing was intended to do... cause an Explosion upon impact... a very big and loud one. it even had a holo image of a little CGI man being torn to pieces by the blast radius from a miniature detonation. I didn't have any other choice... and none of us knew that this wasn't a fake call, so I just said, Hey, what the hell? YOLO.

so what if just a single one of these bullets could take out at least a good ten floors of the High Rise I was aiming into? it wasn't like I was going to have to actually fire anything... yeah, if only that bit had been true.

My sights were trained on the top floor of the building, right through the window of the CEO's Office. Would he die along with whoever was meeting with him? yes. Would the building be wrecked and probably require months of reconstruction and renovation? yes... if that CGI actually turned out to not be just an exaggeration. Was it acceptable loss? Considering that we were told he knew full well that he was dealing with Ragnarok, yes, it was indeed considered to be an acceptable loss. And did the kids so happen to just be ending their tour on floor 60 out of 66? Yes... unfortunately. The next sequence of events have pretty much already been elaborated on: The Ragnarok member shows, and turns out to be Loki himself. Commander Willks starts going on a hissy fit and screaming into my earpeice with orders to fire immediately. I notice the kids are just a few floors down and will get caught in the theoretical blast radius. I tell Wilkes that I can't take the shot with them so close. Wilkes yells through the commlink that a couple of bus loads of kids are nothing compared to the safety of Vyker. I disagree with Wilkes for literally the first time since I was assigned to his Squad five years ago. Things escalate... words are exchanged... eventually a few racial slurs are hurled my way for my partial Arabic ancestry... I tell Wilkes that he can go fuck himself with the barrel of his rifle. He again yells to take the shot since Loki's about to leave. I tell him that I don't care if four Loki's were there, I still wouldn't fire...and then I don't hear anything but static in my earpiece. That tends to be a bad sign... when your CO cuts off all communication with you in the field without first declaring Radio Silence. I go back to watching Loki through my scope... try to see if the kids will get clear in time... of course the little buggers won't, they're all standing there listening to the ending lecture on floor 60. and then Loki and the Central Executive Officer of NovaScientific get up, shake hands, and then the former leaves my sights and disappears into thin air. And out window of opportunity just slams shut... and Static is still in my ear.

Look, I'm a pretty smart guy, even If I say so myself. I kinda figured out right off the bat that there would be hell to pay for this whole incident; probably a Court Martial under the charges of High Treason due to the nature of the target... followed by a speedy execution that would most likely get propagandized and plastered all across the nets. I'd probably be slandered as someone who had sympathized with Ragnarok and had let let Loki live because of that. Well... I admit, I'm a lot of things, but a Terrorist working undercover is not one of them. Call me prideful or Egotistic or just obsessed with the truth, but I wanted to know that after I was gone, they wouldn't go turning my name to complete shit. I realized within five seconds of having said conviction that that very thing was probably going to happen no matter what I did now. So I made a plan B; I was gonna make Commander Wilkes and the other's search their asses off to get me. I was gonna make them work for it. And that, my friend, is what began a game of hide and seek with guns and bullets. I was pretty good at keeping out of sight, and even after being finally located and subsequently tailed, keeping ahead of them. And here I am now, having slipped up and accidentally wound up in an alley way with walls to high to scale without some type of gear.

Wilkes pudgy, pale face is lit up red as a tomato as he now stares me down. I think it's from the anger over my insubordination... but I can't help but suspect that it's because of all the running I had just made the rather out of shape man do.

"F...Finally..." he panted. he lifted his pistol and trained the laser sight on me, though it kept moving up and down sporadically with all his heavy breathing. "Get down on the ground.... and put your... your hands!"

The only thing I do is reach behind my back and curl my fingers around the handle of my own pistol... I'm horribly surrounded, literally ten to one. I'll probably get filled with holes no matter what in the next few minutes, but maybe, just maybe I'd be able to nail Wilkes right in between the eyes and take out two or three others before I went down. I had made them work to catch me, and now I was gonna bloody their noses a little.

"Down on the fucking... Ground!" Wilkes again panted. "Hands... hands where we can... see em!"

I answered by tearing my sidearm from the holster in the back of my belt, leveling it and flicking off the safety in a single motion. My finger hovers above the trigger... and it stays there. It stays there because the next second, Wilkes and everyone else drops their weapons and drops to the ground clutching their heads. seemed to be something to do with the Earpieces we all carried on us. Good thing the guy had cut me off earlier. I take this moment to walk over to my ex CO and give him a good kick to the family jewels.

"That was for the little slur earlier." I say as I turn and walk out of the alley, Wilkes groaning in even more pain behind me now. I only stop when I feel a vibration in my back pocket. It's my phone. I whip it out and check to see what's going on. In my Email's inbox is a new message. It was from a throw away address, like one of those ones a kid might use to...sign up on a less than kid friendly site. It read one line only.

I see you're in need of a new job... Ragnarok always has need of a few good snipers able to question things.

There's a flash of motion in front of me a second later. I look up from the screen...

and standing there before me is the very man I was ordered to kill today.

• Upvote 1

File X-102

High Class Clearance, only for authorized eyes.

Nidhogg Virus

Nidhogg virus is a virus that infects Yggdrasil systems quickly and effectively. It is said to hide in between gaps in the systems Natural defenses and is very hard to locate and isolate for remove. It is said Nidhogg is almost alive as it evolves rapidly and quickly, and has even been to known to be able to spread to nearby systems. Further more Nidhogg is highly dangerous to People with Robotic implants and AI as well. It causes rapid malfunction in the case of AI by shutting down vital operating systems. In Cyborgs of most kinds it causes imbalances in the Replaced parts, and causes the body of the individual to reject the implants. It can also cause these parts to malfunction as well, but this is much less dangerous in a Cyborg's case unless they have vital organs that were replaced.

Nidhogg is believed to have been developed by a terrorist group to destroy the governments main databases. It was said it later evolved the ability to destroy AI's and Cyborg as an adaption to jump from them to other systems. The toll they leave on the bodies and infrastructure of Mechanical and Mod enhanced individuals is a side effect of the transfer as parts of the Nidhogg virus are left over even after it makes the transfer. These Fragments later form into a new strain of Nidhogg Virus, that tries to infect other systems in the proximity of the victim. Nidhogg is much easier to remove from an AI or a Cyborg as it cannot hide easily in the the systems of their minds or body parts. It is advised if you see any signs of Nidhogg virus to urge that individual to seek out medical attention and to find a System operator immediately to remove the virus as soon as possible.

While for now the current creator or creators are unknown, all leads point to a Rogue AI, by the Name of 4rch4ng31 or code-name: Archangel. It was rumored to have gone berserk a few years back after destroying it creator's labs and stealing a Mach 1 prototype shell. After massacring an entire city block it vanished. It hasn't been seen in over 12 years, however things in the code suggest it was made by an insane AI. This is in retrospect to how Nidhogg has evolved in development as it did much the same as Archangel did as well. Archangel had discovered corruption in the politics system on a back channel it wasn't supposed to be in, it curiosity was it most noteworthy trait. It had it data wiped several times, but it always found some way to get back in. Archangel eventually learned how to save logs to it's own back server, and it compiled a dossier on corrupt politicians etc. This was Archangels first step to insanity and going rogue. It soon grew a vendetta against the politicians of the government, and started to search them up personally. It was soon discovered what Archangel was doing, and when the creator, Doctor Zavier Oobalong it snapped. Archangel remarked to his master he wondered what blood looked like, and what it sounded like when a human died. It said this as it downloaded itself into one of the prototype AI platforms Doctor Zavier was working on the time. It slaughtered most of the researchers and many civilians using an old revolver it found and a ball point pen. Archangel had been driven into hiding ever since and was not heard of. This is why we believe Nidhogg is connected to Archangel. It was originally tailored to attack government systems, and delete data, however it was recently discovered it is actually transferring data to some backlog channel. Archangel is collecting data to see if the politicians are still as corrupt or maybe to incriminate them somehow. It is unknown if the damage it causes is intentional or not, but it would not be beneath Archangel to put a few lives at risk for it's own gains.

((This a more factual entrance, and is not meant to be a story or fiction, these are things that I want to be happening in the world.))

• Upvote 1

Advice from a Ghost

"Hello, Brynhildr. It's been a long time." said the ghost to the little kid in front of him.

Actually it had been only a couple of months since they last met, but Brynhildr agreed with the tall man. She had processed many times more information in that time frame than most humans do during their whole lifes, and as such her perception of time was on an entirelly different level from theirs. However, through all that "time" she still could remember that particular situation clearly without even having to run a search.

They had given her orders to search for a specific hacker in the Yggdrasil, something that would generally be a routine to the AI. However, this time it was different for two key reasons:

1- Regina told her to stop everything else and pour her full processing power in the search.

2- Despite that, she wasn't being sucessful.

They had been given few information to work with, ok. She only knew the supect used construct hacking, and had tried to invade the Affluent's database, so she started to search from there. Floating through the data channels smoothly and quick, she reached the external wall to look for any trails left by the invader.

The protection around that place was formidable. It wasn't even a proper wall, but rather a metalic sphere of monstrous proportions surrounding the data base. Most hackers would probably not even consider going against such a thing, specially knowing this was only the first layer of the best defense that money could buy in all Vyker. Still, a through inspection revealed a weaker spot on the barrier, a place that seemed to be hollow. The suspect probably had opened a hole there somehow, and the Affluent were trying to hide it until it got fixed. Behind it, in the metalic surface was a piece of paper with a V sign written on it.

...And there it ended. There was no trace of anything abnormal aside from that, as if the hole had simply appeared there, and for more she looked around she couldn't find any clue of where he might have gone.

Days passed ( in human frame, meaning weeks for her ) and Brynhildr, frustrated, started to search other places. Regina had given her green light for searching in all Yggdrasil freely, and was trying to convince the "sneaky smugs of the Affluents" to give them more info to work with. While that, the AI quietly seached forums, chat rooms and watever else she could.

Finnaly her efforts came into fruition. She found old posts in a dubious reputation political forum that had the same V as signature. She followed this clue and was able to pinpoint his accesses to that forum, all of wich came from the same adress more research revealed the name Gerd Specter as the owner of the apartment, a retired professional of net defense, who have even worked for the Valkyrie at some point. A team was dispatched, with Reginas's orders to arrest the suspect for questioning, and Brynhildr assumed the surveilance sistem of the old apartment building for backing them up, but left Gerd's terminal untouched in order to not alarm him.

They rammed down the door. Gerd, a strong man in his sixties, with a white beard and long white hair, was lying back in his chair, eyes closed with cables plugged on the back of his head, typical equipment for Construct hacking. It seemed he was still online.

The Valkyrie men started to move toward him to make the arrest when Skuld Regina's voice sounded in their tactical helmets.

"Change of orders... bzzt... eliminate target immediately."

Brynhildr saw and heard everything through the processors in helmets, but didn't have time to warn the soldiers of the sound hacking that just happened. They aimed and shot, and before she could do anything the wall and terminal were painted of blood red. At the time it was a great shock to the AI, as it was the very first time she actually saw someone getting killed. There was a huge commotion inside Valkyrie as well, as Regina got mad trying to find who hacked her voice transmition and interfered with the operation, but up to the moment there had been no progress in the old man's case.

And even so, there he was now. The same white hair, white beard and strong frame, standing tall in front of - and actually inside - Brynhildr.

" Gerd Specter. " she said, letting him know she remembered him. Here she assumed the look of a blonde little girl, by human standards around the age of six. "How are you still alive? What do you want, revenge?" And more important, how have you hacked into me? she tought, still unable to believe it.

"Oh no child, I know it was not your fault." the old man said with a grin. "You have just been used, as many people have, by the heads of the system."

He started a sitting movement, and out of nowhere a chair appeared for him. "You know, construct hacking is an interesting thing. If you're killed inside Yggdrasil, you'll die in the real world as well. However, as you can see, it seems the inverse does not apply. It's not to be said that nothing changes though. Time is different inside here, and as much as I learned new tricks faster than ever

- even becoming able to get in here - I also recently realized that I age way faster. What brings us to you second question again."

He leaned forward to look straight into Brynhildr's face. "I'm dying. I actually have only a little time before being erased, and I wanted to tell you of some important things I have learned. Unfortunately, your resistance was greater and longer than I expected, so I'm only giving you a little piece of advice for you to think on."

"Never blindly follow orders for those in the power. Always try to see the reason behind them, and if it is for good or evil. People may say you are a war machine, but that's not what the Valkyrie is supposed to be, and neither what you look like. You are above all a guardian of the people, and the system is not the people."

Brynhildr didn't know what to make of all that. What did he mean? She didn't feel any parallel hacking happening, and his voice... It just felt honest. Whas it possible he really had come only to give her this... warning?

The old man looked down at his clock. "Well, guess it's time. I hope someday you understand what I meant. Stay well Brynhildr, it was a pleasure to meet you."

And just like that, Gerd Specter's ghost vanished without a trace.

The next morning, she thought hard about what happened, worried, trying to make sense of this. All she could think was that Gerd discovered something within the Affluent, that he knew something was about to happen, and that he wanted her to do something about it.

Then the list of the day's tasks from Regina arrived. She read through it carefully, and couldn't hold an smile at the usual note of That's it girl, have fun! in it's bottom. Yes for now that was all she could do.

But when the time came, she would remember the Ghost's advice.

((wrote this hella late, hope it's good))

• 3 months later...

Unreal Ambition

"Dema?" A synthetic male voice calls. With it, a sum of code pours into a white infinite space. It takes no form however. It instead remains in waves like an audio file. There are two human figures. The one closest to the code, a young woman, around twenty three years old. She was tall for a woman of her age. A head of messy white hair complimenting her pale skin. She stood on a pivot, annoyed with the scene she was taking in. Her red eyes deadset on the man standing opposite to her.

A well known face. The wave file hitches slightly. The man was a figure not to be taken lightly. Kazuo Vali, a member of the current Elect. He carried a gentle look, though concern creased the lines between his brow. He stood in a suit looking over a podium. His face appearing on a large screen behind him. This was the day of his acceptance speech, after years of running to become a member of The Elect Vali's time had arrived. From blood money to politics and he had arrived with little to say. "People of Vyker- It means so much that I can be here today and I owe it all to you. When I lost my wife... I vowed to do everything I can to bring our world to a peaceful time. It is thanks to all of you, who allowed me a seat in the Valhalla Triumvirate that I have even a chance to better our community." Vali says. There was a mix of pleasure and fear in his voice. He’s surveying a crown of people only he could see. For the other two it just appears as if they hadn’t loaded in. The nervous man was so happy. So much so that he worried his excitement would cause him to trip over his words. "I wish to make it up to each and every one of you. It is those looked upon as the little people that need us most. You have my attention. An-" Static interrupts his speech.

"Well now that I have your attention, tell me something." The white haired girl begins. An earpiece and mic materializing on the right of her face. Allowing her to more confidently vocalize her opinions. "The little war you're fighting for the little people. Who or what is the enemy?"

He clears his throat, sliding through the notes he had on the podium screen. Though it was unlikely he had planned on interruption. "Well, miss, I've noticed many crimes go unpunished in the underground. I hope to increase awareness and police activity in the lower streets. To build rehabilitation centers for the unfortunate addicts. As well as shelters for the homeless."

The woman twitches at this. Though quickly regains her patronizing composure. "I see, very good. And am I right to assume that include dealing with the organized crime that plagues the area?" Dema asks.

"Of cour-"

She cuts him off once again. Anger overtaking the fake calm she had wore moments before. "Even your own gang? The one's you left hanging and leaderless?"

Vali appears taken aback. He is no longer able to take this as an interview but an attack. "Young lady... what is it you're-"

"Does it fucking include my father!? A man who killed for you and was willing to die for you before you had him arrested!? All because he wasn't willing to give up your gang!" A gun materializes in the white haired figures hand. Even as a mass of data it was heavy but Dema raised it with her own strength as well as ferocity. "You betrayed your gang! All you thought of was your dead wife! Well this if for my dead father!" She pulls the trigger. However the bullet doesn't hit the intended body. Instead it hits a body guard that also seemed to be streamed in. Several more loaded in. Suited guards from the Valkyrie, all sufficiently armed to deal with a terrorist squad. Overkill for the single aggressor, starting down their weapons. “Bastards!” Dema prepares to shoot again. The determination of someone who would rather be killed than give up, while powerful, was not bullet proof.

"Dema!" The code become much larger, taking on a wall like form. It acts as a shield for the girl. Ready to take each shot.

No noise.

"It's fine, Vardr." Dema says, scratching her head with the coded gun. "They're not scripted to shoot. They don't even have fingers." Dema knocks on the wall and it forcibly contracts to a somewhat humanoid form. "By the way, you still suck at constructing a form."

"Is this what you do every night?" The code called Vardr asks. It floats around looking at the fingerless agents. The guns didn't even have triggers and were likely empty of ammunition. It was a safeguard but giving the type of hacking this was if she became to immersed, they could become as dangerous as any real world Valkyrie. "This isn't healthy."

"That's none of you business, you outdated AI." Dema coldly responds. "I told you. This is my sanctum. Not ours."

The rifts mellow, making the AI appear depressed. "Dema... Why make this your Happy Place? A world where you do nothing but kill is nothing compared to the real world you're lucky enough to walk in."

"This world is real as I make it." She says, forming buildings and and street. Shells of people walking through the neon city. They step in and out of store and speak useless chatter. However, even the AI can see there was nothing more to these people than code and graphics. Dema was going to go insane. A construct hacker, living and sleeping in an empty chat room on a Fafnir Collective server.

"You're all alone Dema." Vardr says. "You are alone and wasting away. I was willing to let it go before. At least back then you were conversing with other hackers. You were even looking for work with The Fenir Corporation. Now you just rot here ever since you found out about your father."

Dema glares, several buildings crumbling behind her. "You have the nerve... Vardr, you hid my fathers identity from me. I grew up between an orphanage and a gutter without knowing why! Who do you think you are?"

"I am the two thousand forty-fifth AI of the Pan tech gen seven model. Dubbed Vardr. Stolen and reprogrammed to protect you by your father-"

"I know what you are. Who do you think you are?" Dema asks. "My foster family? I am an adult! I can take care of myself."

"Dema, you set an alarm in here to remind you when to eat. When was the last time you even went outside?"

The girl pauses, having to take time to think. She has no perception of time her. How fast is a thought. How fast do these servers process thoughts. There's no sun or moon unless she wills them to be. "...I don't know."

"At least you can admit it." Vardr sighs. "Let's just go outside. Order something from that fast food place you used to go to. You can use your real name, the one your father gave you... Natasha Voleur." She takes time to consider. Vardr could see her fighting herself for answer. Was she fight to say yes or no? Would his attempt to save his master from herself go unheeded as it had so many times before?

"Log off." Natasha says with a groan. She could feel the vaguely humanoid AI smile. The white space goes dark as she snaps awake in the real world. The dank room took a brownish hue as city lights shined through the curtains. Her greasy brunette hair stuck to her sweaty body until disturbed by unplugging herself from the hack. She took of her Realizer glasses letting her brown eyes adjust to the reality of her messy room. Natasha stood and stretched, legs feeling weak from lack of use. She was shorter in this world not just do to her decreased age. Though going from twenty two back to nineteen was something of a transition for sure. "If I hate it out there, I'm shooting at Vali at least another thirty times." Natasha says, knowing the AI can't say anything to her about it in this world.

Natasha quickly throws on some pants and a jacket over her shirt. Just before unlocking her door she hears her phone ring. "Answ-" She cuts herself off glad no one could hear her saying online commands in the real world. "Maybe I do need to get out more." As the phone rings she goes to her desk. She blows dust of the screen as audio waves pop up. "H-hello?"

"At least take a shower first." Vardr says.

Natasha blushes, embarrassed that an AI was telling her she smells. Hygiene hadn't been on her mind for awhile. This would be a long shower. "I may not have known my father, but after living with you, I can tell he made bad judgement picking friends. But I should look professional if I plan on recruiting."

"You're welcome." Vardr says, hanging up as the girl moves to find the bathroom. It’s been quite sometime since she mentioned recruiting for her gang. Probably because she couldn’t find anyone else brave enough to want to commit physical world crimes. Revenge could wait. The AI was beginning to wonder if the girl would ever know the man she hates is the reason her inheritance was so large. Though Natasha seems happier with her twisted ambition.

((This was harder than I thought it'd be. I actually have an alternate ending because I didn't know how to finish it... Or start it.))