100% All Natural Homegrown Field Effects

Amethyst

• Administrators

One thing E13 does is fill in some of the holes with back-to-the-basic field effects. E11 and E12's fields have mostly been focused on unifying and integrating existing mechanics from Gamefreak like the Terrain and Pledge moves. While that is cool, we do eventually need to take a step back and get in your bread-and-butter nature fields.

That's where these come in. You'll likely spend a lot of time in both of these fields, so take a minute to check out the Rocky Field, and the Forest Field - Click either of those links or the images below to jump to the Field Effect page for their descriptions!

fe14.png
fe15.png

Remember, only YOU can start forest-field fires.*
*not actually true at all

Another note, the Obtainable Pokemon list has been updated for E13. In the past this also indicated that a beta was up, but I'm sequencing things out differently this time. Soon, though...

Da hype is real

Edit: So I composed a list of all the pokemon I KNOW were not in E12 that are in the game now:

Absol event
Delibird!!
Horsea/Seadra, but Kingdra is not available
Cubchoo/Beartic

Clauncher/Clawitzer
Druddigon
Mienfoo/Mienshao

Snorunt/Glailie/Froslass
Munchlax/Snorelax; Make their return to Reborn!
Starly/Staravia/Staraptor; Also make their return!
Gollet/Golurk

Bergmite/Avalugg

Pawniard/Bisharp

Kangaskhan

Trevnant

Quilfish

Glaceon

Gligar; Another retrurning pokemon

Blitzle/Zebstrika

Dusknoir

Wailmer/Wailord

Amaura/Arourus

And here's a list of pokemon that might be new but I'm not sure if they are b/c I don't really pay attention/care about these mons:

Alomomola
Seviper
Tropius
Shuckle

It is very likely that I'm missing a few so if there are any others let me know!

Edited by nasserthemaster

So....wait. Episode 13 is out now? Or not until sometime next week? I've ben itching for a chance at a new episode, and I'm psyched to know that a new now is just around the corner!

*peers at the obtainable list*

Chikorita event, Ice type bonanza (minus Sneasel), Mienfoo is back (...for now), and... Pawniard? :D

...Why is Absol marked as "obtainable through evolution or breeding" though?

*second glance* Oh hey, Druddigon and Golett, too. Nifty. Looks like Reaper Cloths are obtainable now, as well. I've got a Dusclops who's been waitin' for one.

I would comment on the Fields, but they're all going to be terrifying, and this is something I know already. Plus you're pulling these puns... out of left field

• Support Squad

*peers at the obtainable list*

Chikorita event, Ice type bonanza (minus Sneasel), Mienfoo is back (...for now), and... Pawniard? :D

...Why is Absol marked as "obtainable through evolution or breeding" though?

*second glance* Oh hey, Druddigon and Golett, too. Nifty. Looks like Reaper Cloths are obtainable now, as well. I've got a Dusclops who's been waitin' for one.

I would comment on the Fields, but they're all going to be terrifying, and this is something I know already. Plus you're pulling these puns... out of left field

*Shot*

Uhm new fields are always good but i have a question: how can we "disable" the Rocky Field (and some others like the Desert one)? There's nothing in the description that indicates the moves necessary to do so.

I think I noticed a mistake on the Field section. It says "Infestation deals 1/6 Max HP damage per turn (from 1/16)". However, Trapping moves were buffed in Gen 6, all of them do 1/8 Max HP damage. Since Gen 6, they also last 4-5 turns.

Edited by Etesian

I'm just curious why only Chikorita has a special event and no other starter for this episode. A fire, water, and grass starter have been included every 2 or so episodes. The original was Mudkip, Tepig, and Bulbasaur. The second set was Piplup, Chespin, and Cyndaquil. So now 2 episodes later, it's only Chikorita?

A topic i'm sure more of us will want to see. Stickers. Currently, we can get to floor 5/obtain 4 stickerz. Will we get another one? Or maybe 2? (Highly doubtful of 2)

Edit: Just remembered that, based on what Simon (the Ex team meteor guy) said, Terra's (his now dead partner) remains are at the bottom of the hidden cove. Based on the fact that we can obtain both surf and dive next chapter, i'm betting we could get Terra's dog tags (or something of the sort) and we will obtain some sort of reward from simon. hopefully a sticker :D

Edited by KingRyan

• Support Squad

A topic i'm sure more of us will want to see. Stickers. Currently, we can get to floor 5/obtain 4 stickerz. Will we get another one? Or maybe 2? (Highly doubtful of 2)

Edit: Just remembered that, based on what Simon (the Ex team meteor guy) said, Terra's (his now dead partner) remains are at the bottom of the hidden cove. Based on the fact that we can obtain both surf and dive next chapter, i'm betting we could get Terra's dog tags (or something of the sort) and we will obtain some sort of reward from simon. hopefully a sticker :D

I believe you are mistaking Tara for the b00tytastic Babomb that is Terra, Clown, H4CK3R, Lover

There've been posts that the stickers thing will be changed and proportional to progress. We also get Surf and already have Dive, but don't have the badge for Dive.

I'm really impressed by the work that has been put into these. They're obviously well-thought and they add a whole other dimension into the game.

That said... dat Rocky Field. Just reading about it makes me nervous. Am I the only one? Yes? Okay then.