The most OP early game pokemon.

Xiayuna

Seriously. This pokemon wrecks Julia, Florinia, Fern, ZEL, Tangrowth doesn't matter whoever else. Pretty sure it should be taken out of the game or replaced by something else. I thought Gyarados was op and glad it was removed but hes not going to sweep Florinia as easily as Kricketune does. And yes, this pokemon that has never seen useful at all in the regular games is so op in reborn.

Technician Fury Cutters absolutely destroy everything. It's also fast enough to outspeed most pokemon early on. The only thing it didn't outspeed for me was Julia's Electrode.

Sup Fern? 5 Fury Cutters later, dead. Florinia? 8 cutters later, toast. It even one shot Cradily after more than two cutters. ZEL? Rip Espeon and Umbreon. Also, use Sing to put the first pokemon to sleep to get cutters up to one shot potential then just win against anything that doesnt resist bug.

Its kind of hilarious but at the same time so broken. Way more so than Gyarados was, when he was available.

Kricketune the monster.

Its usefulness after Rhodochrine Jungle takes a colossal nosedive, and unless you're feeling nostalgic about early game, there isn't really a reason to pull it back out the box except against Luna.

It definitely destroys Florinia's entire team though; her Cradily's HP bar evaporated almost immediately.

Kricketune is a beast in the first two gyms. Bug-types are awesome anyway, so I´m fine with using it.

But in the end you´ll end up getting better pokes and fury-cutter will lose its usefulness after a while. Still funny how such a "weak" pokemon can be so freaking useful :D

Seriously. This pokemon wrecks Julia, Florinia, Fern, ZEL, Tangrowth doesn't matter whoever else. Pretty sure it should be taken out of the game or replaced by something else. I thought Gyarados was op and glad it was removed but hes not going to sweep Florinia as easily as Kricketune does. And yes, this pokemon that has never seen useful at all in the regular games is so op in reborn.

Technician Fury Cutters absolutely rape everything. It's also fast enough to outspeed most pokemon early on. The only thing it didn't outspeed for me was Julia's Electrode.

Sup Fern? 5 Fury Cutters later, dead. Florinia? 8 cutters later, toast. It even one shot Cradily after more than two cutters. ZEL? Rip Espeon and Umbreon. Also, use Sing to put the first pokemon to sleep to get cutters up to one shot potential then just win against anything that doesnt resist bug.

Its kind of hilarious but at the same time so broken. Way more so than Gyarados was, when he was available.

Kricketune the monster.

A few points of contention:

- As an early-route Bug type Pokemon, it tends to evolve and peak very early in the game and as Pokemon BSTs start to increase towards the later stages of the game, it tends to fall off in usefulness/strength.

- Due to falling off harshly after the first 3-4 gyms, I certainly wouldn't say that it was more OP than Gyarados, a Pokemon that only became more and more useful as it gained levels due to excellent base stats, typing, abilities and just enough moves for a solid physical moveset with a boosting move. Kricketune may be better than Gyarados for the first 20 levels or so, but afterwards I'd go for Gyarados every time.

- Technician is less of a point here as with the increase of Fury Cutter's BP from 10 -> 40 by generation VI and the power of the move doubles on each successive hit, it'd only apply on the first hit. It also.. is supposed to cap at 160 BP but I peeked at the code and it seems like it's wasn't updated along with the generation VI base power change from 20->40 so it's stronger than it should be (which implies that the power might not be Kricketune itself but the STAB Fury Cutter in a part of the game full of things weak to Bug).

- As for moving it, I don't think Ame has any plans for that especially because it's not a Pokemon most players would even consider for use under normal circumstances. It's really neat to see them being used in this way and I think it'd feel lackluster or even go back to being ignored if moved to a later part of the game.

So aside from a bit of unintended Fury Cutter strength, I think Kricketot/tune is fine where it is for the time being.

Technician Fury Cutters absolutely rape everything. It's also fast enough to outspeed most pokemon early on. The only thing it didn't outspeed for me was Julia's Electrode.

Also, a brief mention that we don't condone the use of this word in such a manner. Please refrain from doing so.