Pokemon Reborn for Macs!

Tacos

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the download description! Hope you can get a way to make it fullscreen cuz I can hardly see my screen

While I work on the solution, I'll edit into the OP that you can change screen size in the "Options" menu. You can choose between small, medium, and large.

Whoops, my apologies.

Will update the OP A.S.A.P.

Edit: Original Post updated to include the Mac Sound Fix and necessary credit given.

Edit #2: Command + Enter is the appropriate way to full screen now. Edited the OP.

• 3 months later...

Thanks so much for this! I've watched play-throughs of the whole game and can't wait to try it myself. Can we download episode 15 safely for macs? Or does it have to be 14.6 in the link above?

Episode 15 works perfectly.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a very small issue that when switching from one soundtrack to the next (like when walking between different areas) the game freezes for a moment before changing soundtrack. I noticed it between the first two areas, Lower Peridot Ward and Opal Ward. Is this a known issue that I have to put up with? Or is there something I have done wrong in set up? I've used 1.6.1 and followed everything accurately, if someone could help that would be awesome! Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I am hoping you could help me with an installation issue. I have downloaded the game a wine (tried both versions). I have followed all the instructions but when I start the file the wine starts (I can see the pokeball in the dock), however the screen is dark and nothing is happening...

Hi guys. First off, thanks for the effort. Greatly appreciate the works here! :D

One thing though, I'm experiencing significant lags during the game (not just in between town transition). Even in game fights, I'm facing lag issues.

Is this normal, or is there something to be done? I followed the steps in the first post so far.

I'd greatly appreciate if this issue can be resolved, as i'd really love to play the game

First of all, incredibly sorry for not updating this as needed. Things should be up to date with Episode 15 at this point.

Hi everyone, I am hoping you could help me with an installation issue. I have downloaded the game a wine (tried both versions). I have followed all the instructions but when I start the file the wine starts (I can see the pokeball in the dock), however the screen is dark and nothing is happening...

Any screenshots you have would be appreciated so I can get a better look at to what the problem could possibly be. Sorry for the late response.

Hi guys. First off, thanks for the effort. Greatly appreciate the works here! :D

One thing though, I'm experiencing significant lags during the game (not just in between town transition). Even in game fights, I'm facing lag issues.

Is this normal, or is there something to be done? I followed the steps in the first post so far.

I'd greatly appreciate if this issue can be resolved, as i'd really love to play the game

Lag is unfortunately something that's hard to avoid in Reborn. I don't really think I have any solutions that don't involve any sort of outside applications. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lag is unfortunately something that's hard to avoid in Reborn. I don't really think I have any solutions that don't involve any sort of outside applications. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Alright man no worries. I just wanna check if this is normal or just my own mac problem.

Too bad then, the frame rates kinda give me headache @.@

But still gonna continue to play nonetheless. thanks once again, awsm works!!

Hey!

I have installed parallels on my Macbook pro, so it's both mac and windows. I can't find my save file, but I've saved several of times and started from the latest saved game. I've already tried to search on 'game.rxdata' in Finder, but it's nowhere to be found.

The thing is that my game has freezed and then I can't attach any files to be fixed of one of the other guys on this website.

Do you know where the safe file could be found?

The thing is that my game has freezed and for further help I need to find the save file :-/

post-59374-0-41947800-1444381727_thumb.png

Edited by Jericho

Well, I can't say I have any experience with this program. I'm generally an advocate of Wine simply because of its simplicity, but, I'll try to help the best I can.

So does parallels make it so that your computer has characteristics of a Mac and a Windows computer, or does it load up a program that acts like a windows computer? I'm going to assume the latter at first.

Since it's treated as a Windows computer, you should probably try looking for it where you would on a windows computer.

C:\users\[your username here]\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn

Let me know if you find it there. If not, we'll try something else.

Well, I can't say I have any experience with this program. I'm generally an advocate of Wine simply because of its simplicity, but, I'll try to help the best I can.

So does parallels make it so that your computer has characteristics of a Mac and a Windows computer, or does it load up a program that acts like a windows computer? I'm going to assume the latter at first.

Since it's treated as a Windows computer, you should probably try looking for it where you would on a windows computer.

C:\users\[your username here]\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn

Let me know if you find it there. If not, we'll try something else.

It worked! Or at least I found it!

You assumed right about paralells. If anyone else has the same problem as me, click on the windows button in the dock and search for the save file there.

Thank you so much!

post-59374-0-66040600-1444388792_thumb.png

Hi all! So when I installed the game on my mac, I chose the second option (convert to simple OS X application bundle using Winebottler) instead of just running the .exe with Wine. When I want to play, I click on the new game application I made instead of opening the original Pokemon Reborn folder to run the .exe file. My problem now is that my save file is somewhere inside the new Pokemon Reborn application I made with Wine and not in the original Pokemon Reborn folder. What's more is that I've tried opening package contents and looking for the Game.rxdata but it's nowhere to be found. I've been wanting to update to episode 15 but it would suck if I'd have to start a new game so any advice on where my save file might be will be greatly appreciated! ^__^

Hi all! So when I installed the game on my mac, I chose the second option (convert to simple OS X application bundle using Winebottler) instead of just running the .exe with Wine. When I want to play, I click on the new game application I made instead of opening the original Pokemon Reborn folder to run the .exe file. My problem now is that my save file is somewhere inside the new Pokemon Reborn application I made with Wine and not in the original Pokemon Reborn folder. What's more is that I've tried opening package contents and looking for the Game.rxdata but it's nowhere to be found. I've been wanting to update to episode 15 but it would suck if I'd have to start a new game so any advice on where my save file might be will be greatly appreciated! ^__^

I honestly don't have a solution for this aside from reinstalling wine and following the directions specifically and not trying to make a shortcut.