Best Water Type?

Voltana

Lanturn! Oh wait...

Quagsire, Swampert, Poliwrath is decent, Politoed (If Hawlucha can hold the King's Rock), Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Azumarill (And now you can breed Aqua Jet on it a lot sooner than before), Vaporeon in episode 13, and Ludicolo has some uses.

:I

Azumarill is probably the best you can get, but Sharpedo (dat Speed Boost), Crawdaunt (dat Adaptability) and Vaporeon (dat HP + Hydration) are all quality options. Oh, and Swampert- I'm really fond of my Swampert.

The Rock/Water fossils are worth mentioning too, if only because Omastar and Carracosta have access to Shell Smash.

And no, Ducklett is terrible. It gets some okay moves really early, but that doesn't really save it from being mediocre. Nor does evolving. I'd pick something else until you've settled on a Water-type.

wat

Huge Power is way, WAY better than Sap Sipper.

That's what he thought probably. It took me about an hour to get a good Huge Power Azumarill, so I thought it was it's hidden ability for quite a while.

and all of you forgot barbaracle... (even you already mention Crawdault) -_-

And this is what you are looking for:

• Lead: Drizzle Toed (with Damp Rock of course)
  • Tanker: Vaporeon (Hydration), Quagsire (Unaware), Swampert and Gastrodon (1 weakness????)
  • Fantastic coverage: Greninja (omg, must save this dude in a new line)
  • Shell smash user (for set up and sweep): Barbaracle/ Omastar/ Carracosta/ and maybe in the future: Cloyster (dat Skill Link....)
  • Cleaner: Aqua Jet Azumarill (and maybe in the future: Belly Drum Aquajet -_-

Choose any of it, they are all useful. There is no such thing as "the best water type". It's ridiculous like "who is the best pokemon in the world?". There is NONE my friend.

Edited by gutten_tag

and all of you forgot barbaracle... (even you already mention Crawdault) -_-

And this is what you are looking for:

• Lead: Drizzle Toed (with Damp Rock of course)
  • Tanker: Vaporeon (Hydration), Quagsire (Unaware), Swampert and Gastrodon (1 weakness????)
  • Fantastic coverage: Greninja (omg, must save this dude in a new line)
  • Shell smash user (for set up and sweep): Barbaracle/ Omastar/ Carracosta/ and maybe in the future: Cloyster (dat Skill Link....)
  • Cleaner: Aqua Jet Azumarill (and maybe in the future: Belly Drum Aquajet -_-

Choose any of it, they are all useful. There is no such thing as "the best water type". It's ridiculous like "who is the best pokemon in the world?". There is NONE my friend.

Politoed isn't easily obtainable at all.

I excluded Greninja because at this point he can only be obtained as a starter.

Barbaracle is obtainable now??

EDIT:

wat

That's what he thought probably. It took me about an hour to get a good Huge Power Azumarill, so I thought it was it's hidden ability for quite a while.

Yeah you're right.

Technically, Politoed can be obtained. Hawlucha has a 5% chance that it's going to hold a King's Rock. But, since there's not a "direct" way to get the King's Rock, i guess Ame doesn't count as obtainable.

And Barbaracle is obtainable. Take a look at the list :P

i think you can get Politoed, since Hawlucha got 5% holding King's Rock (i think Ame forgot that to add to the obtainable list, just like in epi 9 when she forgot that Elekid got 5% holding Electirizer to get Elevtivire). Barbaracle can get SO EASILY since epi 11, just Rock Smash some rocks in the Apocaphill Beach, mostly it will get you Binacle.

And if you're looking for a good water type, why don't you choose Greninja from start???

Edited by gutten_tag

Shell Smash Omastar, and you can sweep half the gyms

it's not that good. Without support, it got so much trouble against anything got not eff with Water, like Grass type. And Grass will OHKO you all the time. And don't mention Ancientpower. Even with STAB it only got 90 power (too low for a sweeper). Barbaracle is WAY better than Omaster, with better coverage, and ability Tough Claw is too powerful. But if you can get an Omastar with Ice Beam (like me -_-), it will be a "different" story :v :v