Let's Play .hack//Infection

Let's Play .hack//Mutation

Let's Play .hack//Outbreak

Let's Play .hack//Quarantine

Let's Play .hack//G.U. vol. 1

Let's Play .hack//G.U. vol. 2

Let's Play .hack//G.U. vol. 3

by NakaTeleeli

.Hack is a singleplayer ps2 RPG. The setting is a futuristic MMORPG where players play using a virtual reality headset. Suddenly a virus outbreak occurs, creating undefeatable monsters that put players into comas. Kite, the protagonist of the first quadrilogy then Haseo, the protagonist of the second trilogy are the only ones who can put a stop to this. The game is nothing like the fictional MMO it describes. It's mostly randomized dungeon diving like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series.

Let's Play .hack//Infection

Let's Play .hack//Mutation

Let's Play .hack//Outbreak

Let's Play .hack//Quarantine

Let's Play .hack//G.U. vol. 1

Let's Play .hack//G.U. vol. 2

Let's Play .hack//G.U. vol. 3

by NakaTeleeli

.Hack is a singleplayer ps2 RPG. The setting is a futuristic MMORPG where players play using a virtual reality headset. Suddenly a virus outbreak occurs, creating undefeatable monsters that put players into comas. Kite, the protagonist of the first quadrilogy then Haseo, the protagonist of the second trilogy are the only ones who can put a stop to this. The game is nothing like the fictional MMO it describes. It's mostly randomized dungeon diving like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series.

True but they could do some much more with it now in this day and age, GU is a huge improvement over the first series, at least this is better then actual MMOs

Edited by James-Sensei

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I could play it as an actual MMO, but unfortunately the MMO shut down in like 2007 if I remember correctly. I'm certain it would look quite nice given better graphics and whatnot.

...I'm maybe half way through .hack//infection because sometimes I spend hours in a dungeon just to die and ragequit. ;~; But I love the game.

I watched the series on CN back in the day. It was heavy on the drama and light on the action, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. You can see where people draw parallels from SAO to //sign, but it's still quite different.

I'll admit I had a bit of a prejudice against SAO because of the similarity to .hack when I first heard of it, but yes, they're quite different.

I tried to play the //link game for PSP after that but unfortunately it's a hacked PSP and the iso file my friend added to it was still in Japanese. I don't think there's actually an English version to it, but all I know from a youtube playthrough/translation is that it starts out with the main character talking about the incident from the //infection series and Kite visiting him in his dreams or something.