#Hoenn Confirmed

Godot

I'm guessing every pseudo legendary will get a Mega Evolution, also we need 5th generation Megas

Mega Reuniclus ALL ABORD THE HYPE TRAIN

Here's a hint: don't expect non-3rd gen megas to appear in a 3rd gen remake. Edited by Eagleby18

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a hint: don't expect non-3rd gen megas to appear in a 3rd gen remake.

Or perhaps non-Hoenn native pokemon? I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for mega evolutions for 1st and 2nd generation pokemon that appeared in the original R/S/E.

Then again, we've already got mega Diancie so who knows?

Edited by Sheep93

The guy who introduces you to the SUPER Secret Bases has a Flygon and their is speculation that because of this, there will be a Mega Flygon.

On an early leak from Corocoro on youtube, it shows Mega Metagross and on the bottom is three Gym Leaders....one of them being Flanary with her Torkel(sp)......maybe they have Megas as well? Mega Freaking Torkel

There is also speculation that the main pokemon for each of the Elite 4 will have Megas....so Maybe Mega Salamance and Mega Walrein are confirmed as well

Edited by Kaze

I guess I have a lot of thoughts, seeing as I have just now been caught up on the news.

- Mega Swampert's Swift Swim -should- make it a more viable Pokemon than it already is, and will increase it's viability in competitive play a bit more.

- I really LOVE Mega Sceptile's design, as well as it's Dragon secondary type.....but LIGHTNINGROD?....It has only a few minute uses, such as negating T-wave....

- I think the unique thing about Magic Bounce Mega Sableye is that it will provide guesswork, as regular Sableye (Prankster) has a completely different niche.

- Mega Metagross. Cool.

- The gameplay images are pretty neat, and the character designs are everything I have expected. I am generally pleased.

- If Kyogre was not the superior box-legendary of the 3rd Generation already, it is for sure now. Although the Fire typing of Primal Groudon does give it some needed attack upgrade.

Well.....these pokemon might be getting megas now too due to them being featured with their trainers(Gym Leaders and Elite 4's new looks as well)

Steven already has his Mega Metagross.....now we might be getting Mega Shiftry, Mega Duskinor, Mega Flygon, Either eventual Mega Magneton or Mega Magnezone, eventual Mega Torkel, eventual Mega Probopass, eventual Mega Slaking, and eventual Mega Hariyama.

The reason i am saying eventual is because.....it might happen after the normal events

Edit: Of course this is still just speculation

Edited by Kaze

The guy who introduces you to the SUPER Secret Bases has a Flygon and their is speculation that because of this, there will be a Mega Flygon.

On an early leak from Corocoro on youtube, it shows Mega Metagross and on the bottom is three Gym Leaders....one of them being Flanary with her Torkel(sp)......maybe they have Megas as well? Mega Freaking Torkel

There is also speculation that the main pokemon for each of the Elite 4 will have Megas....so Maybe Mega Salamance and Mega Walrein are confirmed as well

That's pure speculation, and the odds of it happening are nil. Walrein would be a no, MAYBE Mega Salamence, but a mere E4 member wouldn't have it.

As for Mega Sceptile, it completely walls Rotom-W.

They Gym leaders also just happened to be below the mega Metagross, in a separate bit of info. It doesn't mean that they'll get Megas. The actual text is basically 'The Gym Leaders return and look at the new official artwork'.

As for Mega Sceptile, it completely walls Rotom-W.

Until it starts running HP Ice to avoid being completely walled by Mega Sceptile. Still requires some prediction work on the generic choice sets but I can see it kicking out pain split/trick for some people.

Edited by Sheep93

um who here thinks that all of the legendary pokemon should have a mega evolution

Most likely, nobody. And unless Rotom-W is Scarfed, it still dies. And if it IS scarfed, it requires a switch-out against Megatile, which gives Megatile a free attack.

Regardless, having to run HP Ice will reduce the effectiveness of Rotom-W quite a lot.

So my question is.

Normal Sableye uses Will-O-Wisp and Mega Evolves 1st turn, does the Prankster still take effect even though it mega evolves to start the turn. I know the speed stat is uneffected the turn of Mega-evolution. The only thing I can see with that effect is that Mega pokes with Intimidate have it take effect when they mega evolve, so my guess is no, prankster becomes invalidated.

Will-O-Wisp 1st turn.

Then Mega Evolve.

I am a Actually completely against the idea of legendaries having mega evolutions. The idea is to emphasize the bond between trainer and Pokemon. I don't believe trainers should own Legendary Pokemon. I see legendaries as gods or myths. Literally capturing a god is and calling it your own sounds blasphemous to me. I personally find Mega Mewtwo, Diancie, Groudon, and Kyougre, and Lati@s completely pointless.

I always thought of Legendaries as Trophies rather than actual viable Pokemon.

so my guess is no, prankster becomes invalidated.

Yeah, that'd be my guess as well, seeing as mega evolution is at +6 priority, whereas prankster causes moves to occur at +1. That doesn't mean prankster won't activate before then but I'm pretty sure you're right.

Mega Diancie is confirmed to be yet another mega evolution with magic bounce. Also, the next month's CoroCoro will apparently be mostly about Mega Evolution. Hopefully this means they'll list all the new megas in ORAS, and that Milotic would be among them.

Milotic is based around the idea of Beauty, Especially like depicted in Paintings. It's Name might come from Venus de Milo. I see Milotic having more bulk when it Mega Evos. Most of it's Move Pool relies on tanking, stalling, and healing.

Milotic is a Peaceful Spirit who quells tension in a person's heart. It is by no means, an offensive creature.

Not every defensive pokemon to become mega needs to be more offensive.

I COULD see it getting Adaptability. It won't get Fairy typing like many have speculated since it can't learn ANY Fairy moves.

So I heard Mega Aggron is offensive.

The only reason I said I hoped it would be offensive is because I like Milotic and it would be easier to fit onto teams if it offered more than Recover/RestTalk tanking.

I am a Actually completely against the idea of legendaries having mega evolutions. The idea is to emphasize the bond between trainer and Pokemon. I don't believe trainers should own Legendary Pokemon. I see legendaries as gods or myths. Literally capturing a god is and calling it your own sounds blasphemous to me. I personally find Mega Mewtwo, Diancie, Groudon, and Kyougre, and Lati@s completely pointless.

I always thought of Legendaries as Trophies rather than actual viable Pokemon.

Except that they aren't gods or myths-just very rare pokemon. Maybe you've been watching too much Anime. Also, Groudon and Kyogre don't have Mega Evolutions.