#Hoenn Confirmed

Godot

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But now leaves the question; what will Maxie's, Archer's, and Steven's Mega Evolutions be? I have to say Mega Aggron for Steven, but we got 4 new Mega Evolutions, and the game is months away.

#MegaMetagross confirmed

#MegaSharpedo for Archie and PULSE#MegaCamerupt for Maxie

Renzo and I had that discussion

If they buff Swampert stats wise not literally... which they did I can see it becoming a pretty big threat as a revenge killer or wall. It also has a pretty awesome movepool.

I also read somewhere in bulbapedia that they maybe adding on to Sceptile's and Swampert's Existing Movepool.

#MegaMetagross confirmed

#MegaSharpedo for Archie and PULSE#MegaCamerupt for Maxie

As stated on Serebii.net, there's rumor he'll have a Mega Charizard X, due to the 5th image where it displays him and in a seperate picture in picture, it shows a mega charizard X mega evolution.

It'd be cool if Sceptile was able to learn Draco, but he's not a Dragon in his normal form so that may not be plausible.

Edited by McMc

As stated on Serebii.net, there's rumor he'll have a Mega Charizard X, due to the 5th image where it displays him and in a seperate picture in picture, it shows a mega charizard X mega evolution.

That's only a rumor though... i mean, it doesn't make a lot of sense. A Steel type Master having a Mega Charizard X? When he could use Mega Scizor/Mega Aggron/New Mega stuff...

But oh well, maybe stuff changed after all this time. Maybe he has a party like Blue now (A lot for different types)

Guess we'll have to wait.

That's only a rumor though... i mean, it doesn't make a lot of sense. A Steel type Master having a Mega Charizard X? When he could use Mega Scizor/Mega Aggron/New Mega stuff...

But oh well, maybe stuff changed after all this time. Maybe he has a party like Blue now (A lot for different types)

Guess we'll have to wait.

Even if Metagross is the center of his team, he has others like Armaldo Cradily and Claydol. I'm not sure, I did say it was a rumor, but I have my doubts as well. If Pokemon wanted to be boring and predictable they'd just make it Mega Metagross.

Mega Sceptile is awesome. Lightningrod is utterly pointless tho (lol 4x resistance to Electric).

Mega Swampert is. . . eeh. I don't like it as of now, but that may change.

Primal Groudon. Yuss.

Lightningrod makes it a straight counter to Rotom Wash. Even if he's already x4 resist, that resistence wouldn't prevent Volt Switch from working without the Lightningrod it has. So it has a point and it's a good one in the current meta.

Lightningrod makes it a straight counter to Rotom Wash. Even if he's already x4 resist, that resistence wouldn't prevent Volt Switch from working without the Lightningrod it has. So it has a point and it's a good one in the current meta.

It's a check-not a counter. It needs to Mega Evolve to get the ability. I forsee U-turn mega Sceptile leads though. (pretty sure it gets U-turn)

It's a check-not a counter. It needs to Mega Evolve to get the ability. I forsee U-turn mega Sceptile leads though. (pretty sure it gets U-turn)

Nope. Sceptile doesn't get U-turn. But according to Godot movepool expansion's a possibility. If it does end up with access to U-turn then yeah, this'll definitely be a thing. Otherwise I don't see much potential in a lead. Being weak to U-turn and frail is a bad quality in a lead.

Overall I don't see Sceptile moving much because of this. It'll definitely make it to UU and it'll appear on OU teams that need a Rotom-W check bad enough to sacrifice their mega slot for it.

Unfortunately I see a lot of Sceptile's mega points going into both attacking stats. This could make for a great mixed attacker with leaf storm, a la overheat Infernape, but most people will likely run fully physical or fully special sets.

I could be wrong though. It's all speculation at this point.