Hidden Power Types?

Meruem

Recently I've been breeding to get team members with specific HP types since hidden power is a move that gives good coverage to most pokemons. I managed to get a shiny HP Ice Manectric, a shiny HP Fire Espeon and an HP Grass Vaporeon, all with decent IVs in the past week. Obviously, this took me pretty long so I didn't have time to confirm (in battle) the hidden power types and instead I simply used a gen 5 HP calculator while breeding.

So just a few mins ago I decided to start EV training my Vaporeon in special attack against the Natus and Sigilyphs in the Citae Arc-d'Astrae Upper Sanctum and I accidentally used HP "Grass" while EV training and apparently it was super effective against a Natu, a Psychic/Flying type. This made me wonder how the hidden power type calculation works in this game, because if it is different than how it works in gen V then this means that I basically have a Vaporeon that either has HP Ice, Electric, Rock, Dark or Ghost and a Manectric who might have the wrong hidden power type as well, meaning it's completely worthless since the only moves it can use are literally Discharge and Thunder.

Also, in case you want to calculate their HP types yourselves, their IVs are:

- Espeon: 4/22/29/30/27/28

- Vaporeon: 24/10/31/28/19/29

- Manectric: 28/20/26/21/9/31

Thanks.

Edited by MMM

you can go to the old man in apophyll academy and get the power and type checked..

espeon hp fire 61

vaporeon hp grass 54

manectric hp ice 37

you might wanna change manectric for now.. or just wait till ep 12 if 6th gen mechanics are implemented.. 6th gen mechanics makes all damage based 60..

Edited by Aquibex

you can go to the old man in apophyll academy and get the power and type checked..

espeon hp fire 61

vaporeon hp grass 54

manectric hp ice 37

you might wanna change manectric for now.. or just wait till ep 12 if 6th gen mechanics are implemented.. 6th gen mechanics makes all damage based 60..

The damage is already changed to 60. I also had no idea there was a man in apophyll to do that.

EDIT: Just checked and apparently, all of them have incorrect HPs. Espeon has HP water when it should have fire, Manectric has HP dragon instead of ice and vaporeon has HP electric. I'm assuming this is going to be fixed? If not then I'll have to rebreed at least Manectric and Vaporeon and it's frustrating because I remember getting multiple hp dragon (which would turn into ice in reborn) electrikes and even a few hp electric eevees -___-. Not to mention that I'll have to EV train them again and get more shards in case they get incorrect abilities.

Edited by MMM

• Administrators

Yeah, the HP checker himself hasn't been updated. I don't know if the type selection is different-- it must be with fairy type-- but the power is always 60 now.

I don't know if this is going to be a priority for 12 though

Yeah, the HP checker himself hasn't been updated. I don't know if the type selection is different-- it must be with fairy type-- but the power is always 60 now.

There is no hp fairy so it's the same as gen 5.

is it an issue with the game?? cuz i was planning to breed for ivs but dont wna spend so much time on it if its all messed up.. atleast not now..

btw.. where do you get the power items?? for breeding??

Edited by Aquibex

There is no hp fairy so it's the same as gen 5.

I can revisit this quickly, it shouldn't take long to fix.