Welcome everyone.

Before we begin you must steel youselves, for the journey ahead will be tough. You're about to enter a place of darkness and despair, were your most dreaded nightmares can turn real... But your deepest wishes too. Do you have the courage to proceed?

Good. Than let's go through the gates... and under the Hill.

Researchers discovered a hollow hill that ended up being an ancient complex.

As a team of explorers vanishes inside it, the hill turns into an abnormal area where supernatural ocurrences happen, such as some objects vanishing in thin air and others apearing out of nowhere.Other research teams were sent on, but most members came back in shock, some even in a vegetative state.

One day, the leader of the original team comes back and says that whoever reaches the final chamber of the complex will have his dreams fulfilled...

He never spoke another word.

Much time passed. The area around the hill was locked down by the military and, as time passed by, forgotten. Ocasionally someone tries to get in, only to return in a completely wrecked state of mind. Besides that, people keep sneaking in and vanishing through the gates of the hill complex, trying to fulfill their dreams...

You are someone with a dream. You want desperately to turn it in reality.

And you'll go over everything and everyone who stands in your way.

Let the game begin.

Rules

-Respect the other players

Everybody here is just looking for fun. Bullying other people is NOT funny. Anyone disrepecting this rule will be excluded from the RP with no chance of coming back.

-Respect the Mods

Be it me or whoever else is acting as mod, keep in mind that we're using our time to make something entertaining for you.

-No Excessive Violence, Sexual Content and Swearing

Yes, this RP will have a lot of fighting and some dark content, but let's try to keep it civilized. Breaking this rule will also cause expulsion from the RP.

-No Bunnying

If you're new to RPs, bunnying is controlling someone else's character, and it's not nice in a bit. If you have to interact with another PC, post your actions and wait for the other player's reaction.

-Once inside the hill, people cannot die. If you pass by a killing experience
you'll stay dead for a while and than recover on the same place you were killed
(if anyone watched Angel Beats, it's just like that)

-Your objective is to get to the bottom floor of the complex. Each floor is a maze and the stairs to access the next floor are hidden somewhere, protected by a guardian

-You'll begin the story separated, player encounters can happen at your will, as well as traps and monsters (I'll stil throw some of those at you however).
Guardian encounters will be determined by mod.

-You may choose to kill other players in order to slow them down and get to the bottom first, after all no one nows if the hill's magic work more than once.

On the other hand you can still choose to team up with them or just follow your way.

-Once inside the hill, your characters will gain a supernatural ability of your choice to be used through the story. It has to relate to the character in some way, and it will have an utilization cost. Try to keep them simple and not overpowered though, so the story can go on better.

-If you engage another player try to be reasonable at the fight. No one likes to lose, but sometimes one has to. Don't worry though, no one is gonna be left behind at the end.

Some help to newbies:

Character Building: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5403

Sign-Ups Format

Character name:

Appearance:

Personality Overview:

Backstory:

Ability/Cost: (Try to keep it reasonable. The cost is a damaging side effect of your Ability, so people with too amazing powers will have a dreadful cost to pay when using it. I'll ask you to change it if I feel you're over powered.)

-Adventurers List-

Rose (Rosesong)

Kenny Holmes (K_H)

Nolan McKyntyre (Jory)

Lord Byron the 3rd (Hukuna)

Ixidor Mctracy (Typhlosionrulez)

Mr.Taylor (Supernovae)

Enya Gillespie (ZephyrEnyalos)

Ethic Ytilarom (Stratos)

Marcus (KingMurdoc)

Damian Reinhardt (Bluewolf)

Ellaria Stonewall (Nephytis)

The Phantom (Flux)

Annie Leonhardt (Alatreon)

Morris Darcy (SithBaker)

Edited by King Murdoc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Rose
Appearance: Reddish-brown hair, white skin, glasses, and freckles. Wearing all black and blue, she has on flip flops, black shorts under a black sarong with blue flowers, and a blue crop top covered with a black jacket. The jacket is a magician's jacket and has a lot of concealed pockets. She carries a bag that holds some medical stuff, pencils, and paper.

Backstory: She was cast out by her friends and family, and thinks discovering the secrets of the hill will help to take her mind off of the events of late. She is a proficient "magician" using sleight of hand and other trickery. She came across the story of the hill while reading a magazine, and became intrigued immediately.
Ability: The hill has enhanced her preference for the magical art. She has magic capabilities, such as teleporting objects/people or creating spells. She cannot use magic on herself, but can manipulate the spells set forth by others. Abilities given to others by the hill are unable to be manipulated, seeing as her own ability comes from the hill. Her magic can be nullified by the use of another ability or time (30 minutes weaken the spell to the point of nonexistence)
Cost of ability usage: Pending on level of spell, she can suffer slight fatigue (teleportation) to unconsciousness for hours on end (freezing spell).
Personality Overview: She's generally a quiet person, though can be caught singing on occasion. Prefers to stay alone, and only has 1-2 really good friends due to trust issues.

Here goes. hope it's good.

Name: Kenny Holmes

Appearance: male, tall (5' 11"), short Brown Hair, Blue eyes

Personality: somewhat brave, very quiet, prefers to work alone, but quite friendly once you get to know him.

Backstory: when he read that newspaper article on the hill, he resolved to go there so he could finally achieve his life's goal: knowing Everything, whether it had been discovered yet or not.

Ability: manipulation of the Electromagnetic Field known to some as Aura, to the Chinese as "Qi/Chi"(not sure how to spell it.); which allows him to do such feats as Spacetime warping and Matter Manipulation/Creation, but at extreme cost to himself. also, it can be nullified if he loses focus, or if someone else in the area uses some kind of damaging magic. he also cannot use it on others, but he can use it on the environment around them. he also cannot use it to heal himself, but he can heal others' wounds. this Power also can augment another's Ability to a small extent, and he can use it to extend the Range, Duration, or increase the Potency of the other person's ability.

Cost: he only can do it for a certain amount of time before he runs out of Aura, and he catches on fire when he runs out! this also hurts him quite a bit when he does it, possibly even to the point of a Coma that lasts for a very long time. however, his Aura regenerates slowly, taking three hours to regenerate back to the state of Full Aura from the state of Empty Aura.

Edited by K_H

Here goes. hope it's good.

Name: Kenny Holmes

Appearance: male, tall (5' 11"), short Brown Hair, Blue eyes

Personality: somewhat brave, very quiet, prefers to work alone, but quite friendly once you get to know him.

Backstory: when he read that newspaper article on the hill, he resolved to go there so he could finally achieve his life's goal: knowing Everything, whether it had been discovered yet or not.

Ability: manipulation of the Electromagnetic Field known to some as Aura, to the Chinese as "Qi/Chi"(not sure how to spell it.); which allows him to do such feats as Spacetime warping and Matter Manipulation/Creation, but at extreme cost to himself. also, it can be nullified if he loses focus, or if someone else in the area uses some kind of damaging magic. he also cannot use it on others, but he can use it on the environment around them. he also cannot use it to heal himself, but he can heal others' wounds.

Cost: he only can do it for a certain amount of time before he runs out of Aura, and he catches on fire when he runs out! this also hurts him quite a bit when he does it, possibly even to the point of a Coma that lasts for a very long time. however, his Aura regenerates slowly, taking a hour to regenerate back to the state of Full Aura from the state of Empty Aura.

Everything seems OK, your power is a tough one but I trust you'll use it wisely. I can see how a Creation ability relates to a person who wants to know everything, so that's ok I guess. Welcome aboard!

Edit: I'll be off for a few hours, just so you know. Probably will get on again at night.

Edited by Notus

Name: Nolan McKyntyre

Appearance: Male, Average (5'8"), medium-length orange hair, blue eyes

Personality: Driven. Will do anything to get what he wants.

Backstory: Decided to go to the hill in order to become powerful enough to change the world.

Ability: Absorption of others' abilities.

Cost: Can only use their abilities while he is near them and has slightly mitigated drawbacks. Also means he lacks expertise with certain powers.

I figured it would be nice to have someone working "against" the group.

Character Name: Damian Reinhardt
Appearance: Male, 5'10'', short white hair, dark skin. Violet dress shirt and grey pants along with rectangular glasses.
Personality: Intelligent, cheerful and optimistic on the outside yet very secretive and insecure on the inside.
Backstory: Damian is determined to protect the ones he cares about yet feels too weak to do so. Seeing a chance to make a change his life, Damian finds all risks worth it and ventures to the hill.
Ability: Being able to read emotions and at times manipulate them. Convert emotional energy into kinetic energy that can be used as a tool or weapon, however his ability to do this is non functional in the presence of insects due to his entomophobia.

This is my first RP so I apologize in advance for...everything.

I see the problem with etheral voice thing. I think the best way to fix it withough creating more holes is to just take it out. Lemme know what you think of the changes. Would hate to screw up the whole RP.

Edited by Bluewolf

Character Name: Damian Reinhardt

Appearance: Male, 5'10'', short white hair, dark skin

Personality: Intelligent, cheerful and optimistic on the outside yet very secretive and insecure on the inside.

Backstory: Drawn to the hill by an etheral voice, Damian is determined to unearth the mysteries of the hill and gain the power he longed for to help and protect the people cares about.

Ability: Being able to read emotions and at time manipulate them. Convert emotional energy into kinetic energy that can be used as a tool or weapon, however his ability to do this is non functional in the presence of insects due to his entomophobia.

This is my first RP so I apologize in advance for...everything. :D

i didn't see anything Sue-ish except that bit about the Etherial Voice... even then, it's no big deal. i'll wait and see what Notus has to say on this character, because i don't have the final say in this RP.

Character Name: Lord Byron the 3rd/Quickshot Quincy

Appearance: Male, 6'0, Bald Head, Black Beard. Black Pinstripe Suit, Fedora, and Walking Cane topped with a Rat's Head. Rat Form has Black Fur

Personality: Sarcastic, Snarky. Loner, doesn't play well with others.

Backstory: Byron found out about the hill trough his knack of reading Books and literature. He happened upon and old tome in his families Library, all about the Place. He figured he would snatch the power for himself and set out in his search.

Ability/Cost: Byron can change into the form of a Were-Rat. He becomes somewhat faster, tougher, and quite a bit more insane. Byron can't control himself, and will attack most enemies on sight, though he will still try to ambush them. He will become a completely different Person.

Byron also has the Control of Lightning, various things he can do with it have different effects and Costs. Here are some examples.

Electro Vision: Bryon can enhance his vision to be able to also see eletro-static impulses, much like a Shark's Sixth Sense. He can see these Impulses trough walls. How ever the longer Byron keeps it up, when he finishes using it he will become Blind and equal amount of time. Not too big a problem in Rat form as his other sense are heightened, but he would still be blind, making it harder to aim.

Supra Electric Boogooloo Bullet. A Special Cartridge for Byron's guns that he can charge full of electric energies. It will send a wave of Lightning towards foes, and can cause serious damage. This technique however leaves Byron/Quincy drained of most of his energy, making it only a desperation attack.

Induction Shield. Byron can make a shield to protect himself form physical objects, auses to them to clang harmlessly to the ground. This immensely drains his energy, so he can't keep it up long without risking serious injury.

He can also absorb Lightning to heal or regain energy, but he can't enter water. It will cause all the Lightning to discharge and kill him. (Only large pools of water will work, so if you splash him in will be fine, but if he falls into alake he will most likely die.)

Gear(just thought I would add this, so you guys know what he has.): Double Barrel Shotgun a.k.a The Preacher, Six Shot Revolver a.k.a God's Hand, LOTS of ammo, Cane Sword.

Edited by Hukuna

- Nolan McKyntyre: All OK, and yeah, bad guys are always apreciated. Though even I don't know if there will be any group to go against, this will be up to you guys.

- Damian Heinhardt: All OK, but I'd like to know a little more about that Voice before I add you. If you don't want to spoil something about your character, just PM me. Otherwise a very nice character Blue ^_^.

- Lord Byron the 3rd: All OK. Also The Preacher and God's Hand turn out to be very fitting names... ^_^

Welcome aboard everyone!

All hail His Grace, Ethic of the Houses Morality and Alpha, The first of his name, King of the Hill and all it's surrounding territory, Lord of the Kingdom of Truth, Defender of the Realm, And retainer of Immortality.

Ha, but no, JK. Anyways, here's my character

Name: Ethic Ytilarom

Appearance: 5ft 7, african american descent. Black hair, has a design etched in his hair above his right ear of the family crest, Wears a beat-up military fatigue jacket with several visible and many hidden pockets. Wears a black shirt underneath, with baggy cargo jeans. Wears black cargo boots.

Backstory: The grandson of a once wealthy business man, His family fell on hard times when his father took over the family business upon his grandfather's death a year ago. His mother died when He was young and he blamed his Father for this, his tumultuous view his father grew even worse when he tried to help his Father manage the business, As his Father wasn't interested in taking over and therefore hadn't been taught how to run it by Ethic grandfather, where areas Ethic had. but he soon became even more feed up after time and time again his Father ignored his advice and repeatedly made bad decisions with that are currently threatening to bring the Family into Ruin, both Financially and in it's standing in the community. in utter disgust, he sett off from home to travel the land. He earned his keep by preforming various Oddjobs for people in towns he stopped in, as well as giving Tarot Card readings, a skill he learned from his mother, who was fond of cards in general. He heard about the news in a coffee shop one morning and decided to set out for it for the sake of getting some excitement in his travels, but he really is just willing to jump at any opportunity to restore his family from the mediocrity his father has visited upon it.

Personality: Was bullied as a child, alot, leading to him developing trust issues with others his age, resulting in him having few friends and being somewhat asocial around strangers. But for those he allows in his inner circle, he will fight tooth and nail, go to hell and back for them if necessary. his asocial nature tends to fade away when around people he trusts, or when he sees someone in need of help

Ability:

The power to draw on the potential of the arcana. He can call upon one card from The 22 major arcana of the Tarot, Each one can grant a certain strategic advantage based on it's namesake.

(EX. the fool can create illusions that cause confusion, The chariot allows him to escape a bad situation unharmed, The Hermit can grant him knowledge of the best course of action to take,The Hanged Man can impede movement, The Sun can create a temporary blast of blinding light, The Moon can illuminate darkened areas, Etc (again, these are examples.)

Cost: As calling upon the Arcana is a large task, it requires concentration and huge amounts of energy, Puting huge amounts of strain on and Ethic's body and often times Leaving Ethic drained and fatigued afterwards, as well as sometimes inflicting internal damage to his body.

(Figured I'd copy hukuna...)

Gear: Fatigue jacket, seven outer pockets, unknown number of hidden pockets, One Rider Tarot Deck, complete with 78 cards, 22 major arcana, 56 lesser (Same as I have). One titanium knife, named "Man Without Honor" (approximately eight inch blade). One homemade burlap bag. about three-hundred dollars in cash.

Edited by Legendaries tamer

I've been lurking around this tread then suddenly a character!

Character name: Ixidor Mctracy

Appearance: 5'5 slender built, white t-shirt with paint splatter all over it and artist apron with chisels(the closest thing to a weapon?) and painting stuff in tool belt, bleach hair.

Personality Overview: whinny when in a situation, crybaby. carefree, easily convinced,timid, can be courageous at some point.

Backstory: he grew up in a family of well known artist, his family has given him this initiation test when he reach his teen hood he must prove himself worthy of the family name. he went to the hill in search of the "perfect art".

Ability/Cost: Magic Doodling: can make objects come to reality whether on a paper or just in thin air by waving his hands, well his drawings aren't work of art since he is still just a kid unless he's asian so anything that he draws often backfires or dis-configured.

Reality Eraser: he can erase inorganic/non-living objects by touching it but only disappears for a minute or so after that it will resurface again on the same spot. but for his creations its permanent.

Just adding specific details.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Character name: Mr. Taylor

Appearance: A short elderly man, who usually wears an Indiana Jones style hat and carries a pistol.

Personality Overview: Mr. Taylor is a kind, adventurous elderly man. He has spent his life exploring the world and has a great sense of direction. Mr. Taylor loves the outdoors and is a word-renowned archeologist.

Backstory: Mr. Taylor was an archeologist through his whole life and has seen much of the world, exploring the Amazon, the pyramids, the Sahara, the grand canyon, and many more of the world's wonders. However, through all of his exploring he never found anyone to fall in love with. Now that he is retired, old, and dying he has decided to throw his hat in for one last adventure. He may not believe in the power of one wish, but if he does receive the wish he would certainly wish to be young again so that he may find the love of his life.

Ability/Cost: For a short period of time, Mr. Taylor can become invulnerable to all attacks laid on him, however this effect appears randomly and after it is used, Mr. Taylor becomes very sick.

Nice to have you here Tamer! Now, there are somethings I'd like to point out on your current character:

All hail His Grace, Ethic of the Houses Morality and Alpha, The first of his name, King of the Hill and all it's surrounding territory, Lord of the Kingdom of Truth, Defender of the Realm, And retainer of Immortality.

Ha, but no, JK. Anyways, here's my character

Name: Ethic Ytilarom

Appearance: 5ft 7, african american descent. Black hair, has a design etched in his hair above his right ear of the family crest, Wears a beat-up military fatigue jacket with several visible and many hidden pockets. Wears a black shirt underneath, with baggy cargo jeans. Wears black cargo boots.

Backstory: The grandson of a once wealthy business man, His family fell on hard times when his father took over the family business upon his grandfather's death a year ago. His mother died when He was young and he blamed his Father for this, his tumultuous view his father grew even worse when he tried to help his Father manage the business, As his Father wasn't interested in taking over and therefore hadn't been taught how to run it by Ethic grandfather, where areas Ethic had. but he soon became even more feed up after time and time again his Father ignored his advice and repeatedly made bad decisions with that are currently threatening to bring the Family into Ruin, both Financially and in it's standing in the community. in utter disgust, he sett off from home to travel the land. He earned his keep by preforming various Oddjobs for people in towns he stopped in, as well as giving Tarot Card readings, a skill he learned from his mother, who was fond of cards in general. He heard about the news in a coffee shop one morning and decided to set out for it for the sake of getting some excitement in his travels, but he really is just willing to jump at any opportunity to restore his family from the mediocrity his father has visited upon it.

Personality: Was bullied as a child, alot, leading to him developing trust issues with others his age, resulting in him having few friends and being somewhat asocial around strangers. But for those he allows in his inner circle, he will fight tooth and nail, go to hell and back for them if necessary. his asocial nature tends to fade away when around people he trusts, or when he sees someone in need of help

Ability: He can pull cards from his deck of 78 tarot cards, each one with a certain effect (Look up Tactics Ogre: Let Us CLing Together to get an idea of what I mean): The 22 major arcana will trigger various buffs/ give him some ability (Ex. He draws the Magician and he gains the ability to use Magick/ Manipulate energy for a while, He draws Justice and is able to inflict as much pain on a person as they have inflicted on others throughout their entire life, He draws the Death and is able to absorb the life force of anyone he touches, so on and so forth...) The 56 lesser arcana will materialize some item or tool to help him/ offer some lesser buff. (Ex. The Ace of Swords materializes a weapon for him to keep through his journey, etc.)

Cost: Every time he draws a card, said card dissapears from the deck, removing it's effect from his arsenal. If he runs out of cards, his ability will become absolutely useless. though who knows, maybe he'll find more cards scattered around the Hill's labyrinth every now and again...

(Figured I'd copy hukuna...)

Gear: Fatigue jacket, seven outer pockets, unknown number of hidden pockets, One Rider Tarot Deck, complete with 78 cards, 22 major arcana, 56 lesser (Same as I have). One titanium knife, named "Man Without Honor" (approximately eight inch blade). One homemade burlap bag. about three-hundred dollars in cash.

Basically... yeah, you're quite overpowered. I liked the Tarot idea, but the effects of the cards you described are just too much. Also, the cost for you to use them is far to low, specially when you can "find more cards scattered around". I'll need to ask you to tone these powers down a bit.

I've been lurking around this tread then suddenly a character!

Character name: Ixidor Mctracy

Appearance: *predetermined*

Personality Overview: whinny when in a situation, crybaby. carefree, easily convinced,timid.

Backstory: he grew up in a family of well known artist, his family has given him this initiation test when he reach his teen hood he must prove himself worthy of the family name. he went to the hill in search of the "perfect art".

Ability/Cost: Magic Doodling: can make objects come to reality whether on a paper or just in thin air by weaving his hands, well his drawings aren't work of art since he is still just a kid unless he's asian so anything that he draws often backfires or dis-configured. he can erase objects as well but only disappears for a minute or so after that it will resurface again.

Sue-ish?

As long as you don't erase living stuff, it's all right. Welcome aboard Typhlosion!

@ Supernovae: Mr.Taylor seems fine, and an interesting character too. But remember that being invulnerable is quite a power, so use it wisely. Welcome aboard!

Edit: Ah damn, sorry for the double-posting x/

Edited by Notus

damn Ty, that's a cool power

... I want to be like Elizabeth Comstock lol. Maybe like, a little girl version.

Maybe with a Creepy Child siding if I can pull it off...

Character Name: Enya Gillespie

Appearance: 4 feet, pretty much. Pale skin, icy blue eyes. Round face framed by shoulder-length black hair. She wears a grey dress with a pink bow at her collar and a fading brown leather jacket that seems to be too big for her hanging on her shoulders. She drags a big, tan teddy bear with only one button eye whom she calls "Ace" around.

Personality Overview: Silent, but cheery when you talk to her... And she will tend to say things that may be inappropriate, or unnerving even, at times. She is in almost every way like a quiet little girl with a happy demeanor. When provoked, however...

Backstory: Nothing much is to be told-- let alone found-- about this strange child. She appeared in town, wandering about for a week and finally through the gates of the complex. Those who witnessed this say that she danced with her bear, swinging it around joyfully, singing a nursery rhyme-esque tune.

They say, however, that the words she sang were eerily reminiscent of an event wherein nearly an entire populace was struck down by a widespread disease...

Ability/Cost: Enya can alter reality in a way by "ripping open" fabrics of space to bring something from a parallel dimension to this world. It can be anything-- a fork, or even a huge landmark like the Notre Dame. She can also use this ability to travel in between dimensions, into alternate realities. However, ripping space and time apart can take a heavy toll on her little body, depending on what the object is. Effects may range from nausea to even passing out for a long period of time, causing the "tears" to close, taking away whatever she had brought into this plane of existence as well. She can only hold open a tear for so long as well-- simple objects give her no trouble at all, but more complex objects, such as a moving train, a living object of a large scale(like say, an elephant) can be conjured only for a matter of minutes.

However she prefers not to utilize this ability too much, and mostly for her own amusement, being a child still.

Gear: She stows a picture book of some sort and, for some strange reason, a meat cleaver, inside Ace, who has a zipper in its back.

I have a feeling that the ability may be a little too OP cause Elizabeth lul.

Nice to have you here Tamer! Now, there are somethings I'd like to point out on your current character:

Basically... yeah, you're quite overpowered. I liked the Tarot idea, but the effects of the cards you described are just too much. Also, the cost for you to use them is far to low, specially when you can "find more cards scattered around". I'll need to ask you to tone these powers down a bit.

The effects of the cards were just examples, not nessacarilly what they would do.Guess I'll have to dial back a lot more than I did when we where messing around on the KOTH thread. Ah, those were the days... :Kappa:

Well, here's another try:

Ability: The power to draw on the potential of the arcana. He can call upon one card from The 22 major arcana of the Tarot, Each one can grant a certain strategic advantage based on it's namesake.

(EX. the fool can create illusions that cause confusion, The chariot allows him to escape a bad situation unharmed, The Hermit can grant him knowledge of the best course of action to take,The Hanged Man can impede movement, The Sun can create a temporary blast of blinding light, The Moon can illuminate darkened areas, Etc (again, these are examples.)

Cost: As calling upon the Arcana is a large task, it requires concentration and huge amounts of energy, Puting huge amounts of strain on and Ethic's body and often times Leaving Ethic drained and fatigued afterwards, as well as sometimes inflicting internal damage to his body.

Edited by Legendaries tamer