Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Looking for a fire type ASAP..?

Meepcw

Question

Hey guys, I'm new here so I hope that I'm not posting in the wrong area (I'll move this if so) but, do you have any idea where I could get a strong firetype?

I am preeeeetyyyyy early in the game currently (I love the 'darker' theme to it btw), I just got into the Obsidia Ward, I am about to have the first boss battle with ZEL (D.I.D for the win xD) and I realized that I REALLY need a fire type.

I recall seeing a video where a person caught a Magby by the train tracks when it was raining, but when I came there I found a Pansear. I really dislike the monkey trio (they're average at best in my eyes), but I will work with it until I have the chance to 'upgrade'. So I'm looking for a really good fire type pokemon or even a pokemon that can learn a strong fire type move, if you can help point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it, THANKS :D. I started with Mudkip, if that is at least somewhat helpful.

6 answers to this question

Is this just after the first badge? If it is then the only other Fire types available at this point are the starters. I played this section a long time ago though so I don't remember it that well. I actually got the magby from this area. I guess one of the new episodes replaced with a Pansear. There is a Growlithe event coming up in the not too distant future but that's the best I can think of right now.

You can always get Litleo by trading a Bibarel for it in the North Peridot Ward, just keep going north and it should be a tiny house to the right, next to a guy on the bench.

Don't forget Numel, it can be foud by the station on rainy days. Not sure if you need any badges though, I only found it after the end of ep.11.

litleo is good at that piont but i yhinkyou can get vulpix too if one of your pokes has maxed happiness but you have to fight a klinklang to get it

Unless you have a way to counter a lvl 45 pokemon, i don't think you can...

Of course, if that Klinklang got a -Speed nature, you can win... It's going to take some "status moves" and luck though...