Field Effects Explained

• Administrators

If you don't know what I'm referring to, go check out my hype post first.

So let's talk about these, since a lot of people seem to be fairly nervous about it. Firstly, contrary to popular belief, my goal in introducing these is not to make the game harder-- just more interesting. Field Effects are going to help define leaders' strengths and weaknesses. They give me tools with which I can add power without just pumping up their levels. And further, they can create some interesting ways for players to counter-act them.

However, especially as I'm still getting a feel for how much of an impact they have, the Leaders who use them might be a little strong. I dunno. I have taken down their power levels from what they would be otherwise to compensate for the bonuses they get, but those numbers still may need to be tweaked. Feedback on how these are doing for you as players will always be appreciated.

Leader effects aside, there are some questions about how they'll be encountered. My end-goal is, eventually, every place will have some sort of Field-Effect, even if it's just a minor one like not being able to Fly inside. However, because we're just introducing this, E11 is going to serve as a test-drive for a very small number of fields, and more will be added as time goes on.

Because this is an entirely new mechanic, players aren't really going to know what to expect. It's important to me that you guys know exactly what each place does so you can decide for yourselves how to handle it. Each field effect will be described in-depth in the game's Readme, and also... Also!

I've created a Field Effect page on the site that will detail what each one can do. You'll find that the debut Fields have already been posted-- feel free to peruse. We'll get some images of each one up soon as well.

As a final note, the Obtainable List has been updated for E11.

• Upvote 1

>updated list

Yay Kalos Fossils!

Event Litwick? Cool.

Don't notice any other differences though.....

EDIT: Oh wait....Riolu/Lucario have been removed?

Are we able to facilitate these effects on our own? All this hype though.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

EVENT LITWICK. YES. ILY AME.

Also, 100 accuracy Dark Void? I hope this isn't foreshadowing something soon :unsure:

I hope we'll be able to activate some of these field effects like Sunny Day is to Sun. Grassy Field actually sounds pretty legit if we were able to use it.

Hm... I'll just have to wait for ep.11... even after the explanation, i'm still not sure what to expect "exactly"... will wait...

Bronzor is available in ep. 11? Fuck yes...

I see an event for Chespin and Cyndaquil...

There's a lot of new pokemons for episode 11...

No Sneasel though... *flips table*

Hm... I'll just have to wait for ep.11... even after the explanation, i'm still not sure what to expect "exactly"... will wait...

Bronzor is available in ep. 11? Fuck yes...

I see an event for Chespin and Cyndaquil...

There's a lot of new pokemons for episode 11...

No Sneasel though... *flips table*

And piplup! I liek it.

Where is my flying butt monkey?! XD

These feild effects seem pretty neat, I cannot wait to play around with them (I can already see how a gym leader's strategy could be built around some of them...)

• Administrators

Any given Pokemon will be added when an appropriate location is found for it in game; please stop asking questions like that.

Any given Pokemon will be added when an appropriate location is found for it in game; please stop asking questions like that.

Don't worry about it, i'm pretty sure most people know that already... On my case, i'm just joking. If it didn't look like a joke, then well... sorry i guess...

This is... amazing. It's astounding what Ame has done with this game. Reborn is years ahead of even the real games. The gym puzzles, strategies required, overworld mechanics, and now these field effects. It's really quite impressive.

• Administrators

I hope we'll be able to activate some of these field effects like Sunny Day is to Sun. Grassy Field actually sounds pretty legit if we were able to use it.

I mean, the entire reason this field exists is because of the XY Move Grassy Terrain >>;

And yes, those Terrain moves do work now

please make Feebas an event and not the way it is in Gen III and IV

How was it in Gen IV? I forget. Anyway, that was not particularly fun, so yeah, I probably won't be doing that

I mean, the entire reason this field exists is because of the XY Move Grassy Terrain >>;

And yes, those Terrain moves do work now

How was it in Gen IV? I forget. Anyway, that was not particularly fun, so yeah, I probably won't be doing that

essentially the same as gen 3, except less tiles and they changed daily

oh, and it was under mt. coronet

EVENT LITWICK. YES. ILY AME.

Also, 100 accuracy Dark Void? I hope this isn't foreshadowing something soon :unsure:

>_> I swear if Luna has Darkrai on her team..

• Administrators

Feel free, but I won't make any promises on their being implemented. There's a lot of room to work with here. I also want to make some field effects that only occur by altering other ones. For instance, you'll notice if you destroy the Misty Field with Clear Smog it'll give a unique message-- "The mist was corroded away." In a case like that, I'd want to make a field effect where the mist becomes toxic. Things like that could be fun.

Nice ^_^

Then i'll start with the basic ones (i can post them here right?)

Water Field:

1) All water types get a speed bonus (like Swift Swim).

2) Flying/Levitate Pokemon are unaffected by this field.

3) Any (non legendary) fire/ground/rock Pokemon that enters the field faint immediately.

4) All water moves (from grounded Pokemon) increase base power x 1.5 and 10% more accuracy.

5) Hydro Cannon no longer takes a turn to recharge, Water Spout base power remains 150 regardless of the user hp, Aqua Ring heals 1/8 hp per turn (instead of 1/16), Rain Dance lasts 8 turns (instead of 5) and Nature Power becomes Surf.

6) All fire/ground moves suffer a x 0.5 decrease of power.

7) No fire move can apply the "burn" status (the moves Scald, Ice Burn and Tri Attack still can).

8) The moves: Mud Sport, Muddy Water, Earthquake, Fissure, Blizzard, Sheer Cold and Sunny Day terminate the field effect.

Fire Field:

1) All (non fire type) Pokemon get the status "burn" after entering the field.

2) Any (non legendary) bug/grass/steel/ice Pokemon that enters the field faint immediatly.

3) All held berries are unusable (like after Incinerate).

4) All fire moves increase base power x 1.5.

5) Blast Burn no longer takes a turn to recharge, Eruption base power remains 150 regardless of the user hp, Fire Spin and Magma Storm have perfect accuracy and last 8 turns, Overheat no longer lowers the user special attack, Flame Charge boosts speed 2 times (instead of 1), Will-O-Wisp has perfect accuracy and Sunny Day lasts 8 turns, Nature Power becomes Flamethrower.

6) All grass/steel/ice moves suffer a x 0.5 decrease of power.

7) The moves Mud Sport, Water Sport, Muddy Water, Rain Dance and Surf terminate the field effect.