stuck on zel and taka double battle

Omega_Ra1der

Focus down ZEL's pokes first, taka's lileep is annoying but not very strong compared to tangrowth and chatot, try to use combusken and luxuray (your strongest attackers) to bring down ZEL's pokes as fast as you can than take your time wearing down taka but be careful that chatot is surprisingly strong.

Take out that Glaceon first with Combusken I swear that thing is icy wind annoying, if ZEL sends out Espeon use a Pokemon with a bug or dark type move. Umbreon isn't much of a threat, but take it out because you'll be taking two hits instead of one.

I also realized that your Pokemon are a few levels over their obey limit, I suggest you go back to Obsidia City and buy a few Common Candies and leave them at lvl 30.

EDIT: I played through my speedrun file, it was level 35, I'm a dummy.

Edited by Slicster

Take out that Glaceon first I swear that thing is icy wind annoying, if ZEL sends out Espeon use a Pokemon with a bug or dark type move. Umbreon isn't much of a threat, but take it out because you'll be taking two hits instead of one.

suprisinly my luxray has bite so espeon will be no porblem. glaceon and umbreon can be annoying because umbreon has sand attack.

Take out that Glaceon first with Combusken I swear that thing is icy wind annoying, if ZEL sends out Espeon use a Pokemon with a bug or dark type move. Umbreon isn't much of a threat, but take it out because you'll be taking two hits instead of one.

I also realized that your Pokemon are a few levels over their obey limit, I suggest you go back to Obsidia City and buy a few Common Candies and leave them at lvl 30.

...The obey limit is lv.35

• 4 months later...

Nothing made me bash my forehead and rapid-tab my spacebar more than this battle... I only scraped by thanks to Charmeleon's dragon rage... It made pretty short work of most pokemon at that level. I was disappointed that my pokemon needed to be 5 levels higher than theirs to beat them, and I still barely won... I mean, I guess I was only using 4 pokemon, but still, goddamn.

Please no necrorino. =x

...Meh. This topic was never resolved, so i don't think that's a problem. (It's not really that old anyway)

I was disappointed that my pokemon needed to be 5 levels higher than theirs to beat them, and I still barely won...

5 levels wat? I guess the team makes a lot of difference. I'm pretty sure my pokes were at the same level as ZEL and Taka's pokes.

This is a fairly dead topic but the answer is hariyama. hariyama can take a psybeam from espeon as well as an icy wind rather well if you get lucky on stats and by then it should know knock off which is a godsend move for that fight.

Edited by blasterman4