~~10.5~~

Amethyst

• Administrators

Okay friends, hello, let's be clear about one thing first:

This is not a full episode release, there is no new story content, and it will not be replacing the main downloads. The 10.5 version is being uploaded only for public testing purposes, so play it at your own risk. Everything will be safely incorporated into the E11 release when that happens, so there's absolutely no need for you to get this unless you want to help test/play around with it.

That said, what is Episode 10.5? In a nutshell, it is 6th gen. The Obtainable list is currently accurate to 10.5, not Episode 10. Not all mechanics have been updated, particularly (as with a lot of 4th/5th gen content) there are a lot of moves/abilities that currently have no extra effect because they haven't been scripted it in yet. However, everything at least exists, including the new Pokemon, and Fairy Type.

Plus, new protagonists!

kuropreview.pngluciapreview.png

veropreview.pngalicepreview.png

One important change to note is the change to the controls- the Space and Z key have effectively been swapped. Space is now run, and Z is now the 'A' button. Space actually works for both, but it's unclear if that's a sustainable solution at this point, so I suggest getting used to using Z as 'A'.

If you find any bugs... or, perhaps I should say, when- please report them in the topic in the Troubleshooting forum, not in this thread.

A list of significant changes is below, followed shortly by the download link.

* The city music is currently in the process of being re-done (6/8)...
* IMPORTANT:
The controls to the game have been altered to make them feel more comfortable to users coming from an emulator:
The Register key (formerly F5) is now on Shift. F5 still works.
The Run key (formerly Z) is now on Space Bar. Note, you can still use S to toggle running.
The Talk/Select key (formerly Space) is now on Z. Enter, Space or C still works for this as they did before.
The key to dismount Tauros has been changed from Z to A. Z will no longer work for this.
Items in the bag are now reorganized using the Shift Key (previously Z)
* Some shiny Pokemon have been recoloured- this will be an ongoing process
Vulpix Growlithe Arcanine Vibrava Flygon Eevee
Vaporeon Jolteon Flareon Espeon Umbreon Leafeon
Glaceon Zubat Golbat Crobat Ghastly Haunter
Gengar Elekid Electibuzz Electivire
All currently availably 6th gen Pokemon
* Back sprites have been updated to a Gen 5 style and unified. However, non-6th-gen shiny back sprites have not been updated.
* The following abilities have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Drizzle Snow Warning Drought Sand Stream Static Volt Absorb
Water Absorb Oblivious Color Change Flash Fire Shield Dust
Suction Cups Sticky Hold Shadow Tag Arena Trap Effect Spore
Synchronize Magic Bounce Lightningrod Keen Eye Pickup
Magnet Pull Cute Charm Pressure Hustle Vital Spirit
Unburden Sheer Force Stall Contrary Defiant
Friend Guard Imposter Tinted Lens Tough Claws
* The following moves have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Fling Pursuit Transform
* In battles, the cursor will now always default to the FIGHT command after a move.
* The double battle item-use glitch has been fixed. >:c
* All DW abilities should now spawn properly on all pokemon including Trainers', Wild, Event and Eggs
* Mega Evolution has been added (although not yet implemented in-game)
* Many new animations have been added (however some of them display in the wrong place)
* A 'Large' screen size option has been added (however it seems to cause some issues, moving from Large mode into Full Screen mode)
* 6th gen Pokemon now exist~~~
* 6th gen starters have been added to the beginning of the game
* Soft-resetting for starters has been made easier
* TMs have been updated to Gen 6 and existing TMs have been reset (can be found again)
* Electric Types can no longer be paralyzed
* Ghost types can no longer be trapped
* Appropriate pokemon have received Gen 6 stat buffs
* FAIRIES!!!!!
* Steel type resistances have been updated
* Abilities, moves, types and stats of old Pokemon have been updated. However, Egg moves have not.
* A flower shop has been added to the Lapis Ward
* Several Pokesnax vendors have been added throughout the city. Many event Pokemon are now newly based around these (some other events have been changed too).
* Trainers and story battles have been updated to include Gen 6 Pokemon
* Florinia and Aya have had their overall power reduced. Aya has been given a new Ace. Serra now has a new team entirely and will fight in singles. Other leaders have changed slightly
* Rivals will no longer use potions
* Several TMs can now be won as Arcade prizes
* Two new potential protagonists have been added to the game. Existing players may switch over to the new protagonists in the Grand Hall (top left). The option to switch will exist only until the E12 release.
* Teleport (and Fly) can no longer be used while riding a Tauros.

Download here~

Next up, time to update the trainer card generator...

Right, the Gamefront download page isn't available in some countries. I'll work on getting the Mega mirror uploaded, totally forgot about that, sorry.

Well... that explains it. Haha, don't worry Ame, take your time on that. ;)

Oh goodies I cant WAIT to restart my game and see all the things you changed and fight the new leaders. But there is one problom because I stumbled on a forum once and you said you would not have abra and magby early on because they overshadow lower tier pokemon. Are you still going to do it or did you do it already? I think its not fair because you give us magikarp early and just like abra and magby he needs a little babying for a while before he evolves and becomes super strong. he overshadows goldeen and finneon completely PLUS he gets dragon rage at 23 and will 1 or 2 shot anyone he goes against when you fight the second gym and a little bit after and getting stronger and stronger making those two obsolete. Wouldn't you agree?

Oh goodies I cant WAIT to restart my game and see all the things you changed and fight the new leaders. But there is one problom because I stumbled on a forum once and you said you would not have abra and magby early on because they overshadow lower tier pokemon. Are you still going to do it or did you do it already? I think its not fair because you give us magikarp early and just like abra and magby he needs a little babying for a while before he evolves and becomes super strong. he overshadows goldeen and finneon completely PLUS he gets dragon rage at 23 and will 1 or 2 shot anyone he goes against when you fight the second gym and a little bit after and getting stronger and stronger making those two obsolete. Wouldn't you agree?

Magby was a pain in the ass to evolve, even when it evolved, it's still one of my weakest members because it's allways raining ._.

on the magicarp note, they could just make it more expensive

edit: i kinda got ninja'ed by ame >.>

Edited by 2tousent

Just because Magikarp's still available doesn't mean I didn't make it harder to get...

All it took was just money just like in the regular games that you easily get. At least with abra you had to raise a useless bidoof to evolve then raise the abra by a level that was a pain. I dont know about magby though I never seen one when I started out.

Magby was a pain in the ass to evolve, even when it evolved, it's still one of my weakest members because it's allways raining ._.

on the magicarp note, they could just make it more expensive

edit: i kinda got ninja'ed by ame >.>

I agree they could make it more expensive. Also is magmar being weak the reason he is turned around on your signature?

Y'all should see what changed before you start saying things like thatttt

In the meantime, the alternate download link is up, and here:

Alternate Mirror

Sorry about that!

Are you talking about the new artwork up there? that deformed looking girl chained up to a pentagram(im guessing) on fire? I don't know who your artist his but tell him or her that eyes are almond shape and not a giant rectangle that takes up half your face! Plus the pupil looks mutated and not round. Plus the hands are disproportional(like a lot of things on her) But I hope they get better over time because that's what artist do.

Edited by Greed_Demon