Poke-people: Chapter 1: Welcome to Paradise Island.. (RP thread)

grasssnake485

Chapter 1

..At least that's what it was almost 100 years ago. Team Shadow destroyed two of the three villages, and nearly wiped the Pokepeople to extinction, their secondary goal. Emerald, the leader of the last village, has requested any and all trainers who have even a little pokepoeple blood to study at the Pokecademy, a school for the secrets of the pokepeople.

chapter 2

Edited by grasssnake485

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((Woo! It's not dead!))

Sarcus crested a hill overlooking the Academy and stopped for a moment to enjoy the view. Instead of following the fairly ponderous tour of the facilities, he had taken the first opportunity to explore the wilderness around the Academy. After all, it paid to get to know what Pokemon were found in the area, and being cooped up in a boat all the way from Slateport had left him aching both literally and figuratively for an opportunity to stretch his legs in solitude. Battles were discouraged aboard ships; blasts of fire and other such things tended to reduce the lifespans of both the vessel and those aboard it. As a precaution, they hadn't allowed Trainers to let their Pokemon out, and since no trainees at the Academy could use pokeballs, he had been stuck in a cabin with three other people and his two pokemon, the reserved Absolution and the rather shy and ironically named Gallant. He sighed in contentment, before starting forward once again. He moved onto the road, as the terrain around the Academy was rather rough from the training that went on around it. The gravel crunched under his feet, in comparison to the light steps of both of his partners. As he approached the Academy gate, the guard called out to him in a gravelly voice. "Who are you?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm Sarcus. I'm a new student here." He fumbled around in his pockets, searching for his Trainer Card.

"Why didn't you come in an hour ago with the rest of the new students?"

"Has it been that long? D***. Oh, here's my card. See? I'm supposed to be here."

"Go on in," the guard said. "Your teachers probably won't be happy with you, though."

((Teachers or something can pick up here.))

"Pop Quiz everybody!" Shouted Alina, one of the teachers at the academy. "Since pretty much everyone is dozing off, then I hope you will pay attention more when you see your test scores!

Grace smirked. This quiz was going to be easy. First period, Basics on Linking, was a breeze for her. Her attention diverted for a second as a boy, most likely a new student, appeared in the doorway.

"Why are you late? Sarcus right? Theres an empty seat on the left of Grace, sit down." commanded Alina. " Ill give you 5 minutes to review the pages of the textbook. Heres the list of what we covered this morning, we're having a pop quiz soon."

Grace quickly scribbled a note, and read it over before folding and dropping it on Sarcus's desk.

"Hey, youre the kid that didnt show up on time right? Here's a summary of what we learned this morning. Get everything memorized quickly, normally, you have to attend the academy for 5 years before you graduate, but Emerald, the leader wants to cram it in 2 years so theres more fighting force here. Most of the people native to this area were wiped out the last time Team Shadow decided to wage a full on war.

Anyway, heres the material:

The crystal Amulet:

- created by Emerald as a replica of the artifact, allows regular people/non-pureblood pokepoeple to link with pokemon

- created after pokepeople species was nearly wiped out about 100 years ago

Activation of the Crystal Amulet:

- works like pokeball, except you dont throw it. focus your energy into the amulet then send it towards your pokemon. Up to 4 pokemon can occupy a single amulet.

By the way, whats your schedule? Mine is:

1. Basics of linking

2. P.E. (probably training with our pokemon or something)

3. History

4. Lunch

5. Free period

6. Magic (sounds fun and scary)

Edited by grasssnake485

"Thanks," Sarcus whispered. He read through the note twice, then patted himself down. He always lost his pencil. Locating one at last, he scratched his reply on the back of the note in sloppy handwriting. He held the note out to his side, toward Grace. It read:

Thanks again for the quick overview. The material doesn't seem too difficult. This Team Shadow actually killed people? They sound a lot more dangerous than Aqua and Magma from home. Looks like we have the same schedule, too.

After writing the note, he opened up the textbook and started reading from the beginning, skipping the introduction. He intended to read it later when he had more time. "Alright, time for the quiz!" Alina shouted as she began handing out the papers. Sarcus closed the textbook and put it under his chair after marking his place. "You know the rules; no peeking, no notes, no using Psychic-types to steal answers." Sarcus quickly filled out the quiz, picked it up, and put it down on the teacher's desk. It appeared that he was one of the first students to finish it. He returned to his seat, pulled the textbook back out from under the chair, and began reading until the teacher began speaking again.

Edited by KingMurdoc

Orpha looked up from her neatly written lines of notes as the latecomer sat in the chair next to Grace. She gripped the pencil in her hand tighter as she watched Grace pass him a note. Why on earth was Grace paying attention to this latecomer? Orpha's body tensed up as she continued observing. As Sarcus passed another note to Grace, Orpha's gaze narrowed. Her left hand, holding the top page of the notepad on which she had been writing, began to tremble.

Let's see you try to pass notes with your hands cut off and sewed to your eyesockets. And maybe hung upside down from a rafter, with the weight of your hands ripping your face apart.

"Alright, time for the quiz!" The teacher, Alina, called for the attention of the class. As she made her way down the rows, Orpha continued to grip her pencil with a tightening hand. As she continued to watch, the newcomer quickly finished off his quiz and submitted it.

Grace shared her notes. I know she did. Who does this person think he is; claiming credit for Grace's work when he missed the lesson? We'll see how he aces a test with a knife in his shoulder, yes we will.

Orpha looked down at her own answer sheet and started to fill it out.

Who created the crystal amulet?

DIEDIEDIEDIEBURNHANGDIEBURNBURN

When was the crystal amulet created?

hindranceannoyanceinthewayburndeathgoawayhindranceremovekillkillbegone

How do you activate the Crystal Amulet?

minelovemineminemineshesmineminemineminelovelovemineloveloversbeautifulminenotyoursminemine

The pencil in her finger snapped into half.

Almost symbolically, the noise shook Orpha out of her state of mind. Glancing down, she noted the slightly socially unacceptable tenor of what she wrote, then quickly crossed out her responses multiple times, so as to leave them unreadable. With half the time left on the clock, Orpha filled in the correct answers, strode up to Alina's desk quietly, and placed it lightly on top of Grace's script.

Returning to her desk, taking great care to avoid looking at the latecomer, Orpha searched around blindly in her bag, grabbing hold of a thin, paperback book. Retrieving it, she sat back in her chair, opened to the dogeared page, took in a deep breath, and resumed reading The Picture of Dorian Grey.

The bell rang as Grace hurried to pack her books. Catching up to Sarcus, she called, "About what you said on the note, according to what I heard, this kid somehow managed to beat up Team Aqua and Magma. Well, the only difference between Shadow and those two, eh, Shadow's a lot more reckless and brutal. Im a half-breed. My grandparents were Pokepeople, and according to my dad, the kids were evacuated to Unova during the war. My guess is that my grandparents were brutally murdered like Shimmer's parents." (ooc: shimmer's one of the lead guards)

(sorry for my short post)

Edited by grasssnake485

"I thought I had heard something about that. My dad is a Dragon Tamer; he met and battled Emerald once. Apparently he's amazingly skilled. Who's Shimmer?" Sarcus asked as he walked with Grace. "And do you know the way to P.E.? I've never been here before; I just arrived on this island earlier today."

(OOC: Jake, nobody here is pure-blood except Emerald, Alina, and Shimmer. And the amulet is given to you once you pass the first test in the academy.)

"Oh yeah, I forgot. You didnt get the map to the academy and its surrounding areas yet. Here, Ive already memorized it." Grace pulled out a folded map from her bag. Wow, she thought. Looks like he's a not just a latecomer, he's a complete newcomer.

"Anyway, Shimmer is one of the lead guards, the other being her brother Ryan. But youre kidding right? Your dad battled EMERALD? Your dad must be some trainer. That must have been really rough, considering they both use dragon types. Plus, Emerald and Rayquaza are best friends. Well, did he win?"

"It was quite a while ago. My dad did his best, but he wasn't even close to being at Emerald's level of skill and power. Thanks for the map, by the way. But yeah, from the way he tells it, Emerald stomped my dad into the ground. Metaphorically, of course." Sarcus looked back, noticing a girl glaring at him with overt hostility. "I guess I'm making friends already. Who is that, and why does she look like she wants to skip rope with my intestines?"

"Thought so. I believe the only person who ever defeated Emerald fused with Rayquaza was Shadow, a childhood friend of Emerald's. He created team Shadow after getting pissed at the old village leader for always spoiling Emerald and dissing him. The old leader valued strength, and Emerald and Shadow were almost equal. Even Alina, her younger sister, with Arceus couldnt stand up to her. But according to my dad, back then, they used to battle all the time, and Alina was more brute force, while Emerald was completely strategy and skill." Looking back annoyingly, she shot a mean glance at Orpha who most likely didnt notice.

(Just got permission from grass snake to join :D)

((My name is jake kurai))

I fearfully stumbled to the front door of the academy for my first day. My stomach tightened as I thought of tests and grades. It got even worse as I imagined what the food tasted like... As I entered the doors smells entered my nose smelling like any other school. I loosened up after thinking it was just like any other school. I walked into the principles office and saw a shiny amulet around her neck, it seemed like almost everyone had one. My stomach double knotted up as I read the schedule not getting even a word of it.

P1. Linking (me)???

P2. P.E (me) oh that's normal...

P3. Pokemon history (me) come on they even have history for a pokemon academy?.....

P4. English language arts (me) still normal...

P5. Free period (me) now that's a good way to end a day!

I was told to go home that day and come back tommorow because I had missed already to much for the day... So I happily walked home without a worry! (Except for the stomach cramp of worry for the next day)

(Of course being an idiot I covered two periods with my hand and it turned out my lunch period was between 2nd and 4th period along with magic for 6th period) wow I hate my fingers they can go die, I have 6 periods? Because I was late?! Ohhhh no that school principal didn't.... Wait, yes she did... Well I guess I really do have to worry about tommorow....... (Continues walking slowly with head hanging down)

Orpha sighed contentedly. Grace looked at her! This goddess, this perfection, this beauty incarnate took note of her! She smiled dreamily as she thought of their future together. She pictured Grace kissing her on the wedding altar. Orpha blushed a deep red and suppressed a delighted squeal, frantically scribbling hearts on her sketchpad.

Boy is being a late comer good! I get the first day off for being way to late! (Walks inside my house) hey mom and dad! Yep first day off! Cya!

(Parents) 0_o?

(Me) oh crap here comes my brother...

(Background) JAKEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Me) I'll take my chances outside for the night... (Sprints back to the academy and runs around back)

A crowd jostled Grace as she passed the front doors. The smell of sweat wafted past her nose and made her gag. She jogged over to the nearest window and waited for the rush of people to pass. "Well, I guess PE's going to be kinda tiring," she muttered, completely unaware of the fact that Sarcus was already outside.

(OOC: Ey, could you RP in paragraph form please? It makes it easier to understand if its more like a story than a play dialouqe)

Edited by grasssnake485

(ey, im typing! Ill get you out even if it means Ryan gettin mad at me ^^")

Grace pinched her nose as she pushed out of the building. Once she was out, the first thing she noticed was the sound of a body hitting the pavement coming from the back of the building. Turning the corner with curiosity, she saw the new kid being confronted by two other thugs.

Grace pulled out her pokeballs and said, "Hey. Who gave you the right to bully this kid."

"You better get out of here before we decide to pummel you. And just because youre a girl doesnt mean we'll go easy." the thugs reply, sending out a Krokorok and Grimer.

"Go Sakura! You too Guardian!" A Flabebe and Honedge popped out of the pokeballs. "Just to let you know, Im not weak. And I dont plan on going easy either! Sakura! Fairy Wind! Guardian, use Swords Dance!"

"Dont let that b***h go Grimer! Get up close and use Poison Jab!" shouts one of the thugs.

"Guardian, block that. Now Sakura, use Psyshock up close! Then use Magical leaf on Krokorok."

Ryan stepped up and said, "What the hell are you boys doing out of class. If I catch you out of class one more time, you two are going to be expelled." He then turned his attention to Grace and the new kid. "Grace, nice job, but I would appreciate it if you didnt disrupt the entire class. As for you, I believe Emerald gave you the day off since you came halfway into 2nd period, so I expect you off campus and not hanging around and disturbing the rest of the classes.

Edited by grasssnake485