Reborn X: Into Darkness- and...

Amethyst

• Administrators

...And the first hint of the new Electric Leader.

I will not hesitate to say that I wasted no time in replacing Sigmund (let's face it- he forced himself in here in the first place)- and so after another vigorous game of hangman, we've had our first tease of the new leader, DJ Arclight!

Though he'll just go by Arc for short, I'll be posting more about him including his fades and all that good stuff in due time. In the meantime, you may actually meet Arc in:

Episode 10 of Pokemon Reborn

...~!

Now before you all run off silly-willy to the download page, allow me to caution you this:

If you did not play the 9.5 testing release then you need to do a thing before you load up in E10

let me esplain you the thing

In 9.5 I reworked the city and some other places (Spinel and Chrysolia) to reduce lag (and be pretty). However because of this, if you load an episode 9 save file there is a chance that you may have saved in a place that no longer technically exists.

Therefore, I strongly caution everyone before downloading to check their save files and make sure they are either away from the city, Spinel/Chrysolia, or indoors somewhere. If they are not, go inside, save, and then load Episode 10. Once you've successfully loaded your save in episode 10 there's no longer any risk of issue (although some things like trainers will reset in some places; this is unavoidable.)

Okay, that being made clear, I'll post the notable change-list below, and you're all good to go.

* The city music is currently in the process of being re-done (5/8)...
* Some shiny Pokemon have been recoloured- this will be an ongoing process
Vulpix Growlithe Arcanine Vibrava Flygon Eevee
Vaporeon Jolteon Flareon Espeon Umbreon Leafeon
Glaceon Zubat Golbat Crobat Ghastly Haunter
Gengar
* The city has been restructured to reduce lag
IMPORTANT- LIKE REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT LIKE REALLY READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING!!!:
When you upgrade to this make sure you have not saved outdoors anywhere around the city or Spinel Town. Save INSIDE, then upgrade.
* Many visuals have been improved including tiles and some visual effects
This will almost certainly cause some visual inconsistencies and passability bugs-- tell me about them!
* As a result of the above things, some trainers and other events will be reset around the city and Spinel Town- this can't be prevented, but is not a bug for future save files.
* A new object has been added to many locations: Glowing yellow, the Light Shard will heal your party when touched, for one use only.
* A selection of trainers will now offer battles in the Grand Hall after a certain point in the game. Each trainer can be battled once per day, with different trainers appearing on different days of the week.
* Each salon can now only be used once per day
* Smack Down, Nature Power, Stored Power, Stealth Rocks and Twister have been fixed.
* Status and Intimidate effect animations now display on the proper targets.
* Charge now increases the power of the next move properly.
* Probopass and Magneton can no longer be evolved in the Abandoned Power Plant... at least not the front of it.
* The walking/run/bike speeds have been adjusted
* You can now use the S key to toggle walk/run
* The shiny ratio has been adjusted- it is now exactly 1% (previously 1.07%)
* Moxie and Magic Guard have been fixed.
* Battles have been slightly sped up (to the best of our ability)
* Trainers should now properly have random Pokemon with their dream world abilities
* Serra has been slightly weakened.
* Dream World abilities have been restored to Wild Pokemon with two natural abilities
* A Hidden Power checker has been added to the Apophyll Academy Dorms
* An IV and an EV judge have been added to a house in the Lapis Ward

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/game/

Now, what's next?

Although I do not want to get in the habit of doing these '.5' releases, I will be releasing an episode 10.5. The upgrade focus this time? You may have guessed it: 6th Gen. I'll be restructuring available pokemon, moves, tms- the whole bit, and I'll be getting the community's help to do it, so stay tuned for that.

EDIT: Also just a note as of this post the obtainable list has not been updated for E10

As a result of moving to the new host after the attack before, some database things are no longer working and I have to write a new way for myself to update it >.>;

• Upvote 3

Oh yeah!Finally!

But, will there maybe be an option to change the pokemons abilities like in Gen 6? I have a porygon2 with download because the hidden ability was not aviable then, but I would love to have this one ..

Edited by Calvius

Probopass and Magneton can no longer be evolved in the Abandoned Power Plant... at least not the front of it.

Just to confirm, this means once we are inside they will evolve as expected? I mean, I'm already past that part and I have the un-evolved forms with me. Should I grind them in in E9 before updating?

I also wish my Abra had come with Magic Guard instead of syncronize. I assume there is no way to fix that yet if ever.

• Administrators

I know gamefront doesn't work in some countries but why doesn't Mega work? o-o

I may have a torrent link for it and I'll let you know when Monkeypro updates the download so... Ask me again in a day or two

I know gamefront doesn't work in some countries but why doesn't Mega work? o-o

I may have a torrent link for it and I'll let you know when Monkeypro updates the download so... Ask me again in a day or two

First of all Kumusta sana OK kayo(Hello I hope you OK)Madam Ame......I'll try download the game via Mega Download many times but its really not download I so really frustrated No Kidding :( :( .......So I"m looking for alternate mirror download or directlink for this game....If you have time to give a alternate link if not Its Ok......anyway thank you for your time to read.....

P.S:Is this Including introduction for Main Character's Appearance fix Madam?Sorry I'm asking.....

Something I saw on the download page from the first mirror (copy pasta)-

PokemonReborn.zip

Description:

File Name: PokemonReborn.zip File Size: 367.74 MB Date Added: 11-08-2013 Download Last 2 Week: 889 Downloads All Time: 879 Popularity: 100%

How can the All Time number be LOWER than the Last 2 Week number, ESPECIALLY if it's only been at most a day since it was released?

EDIT: Removed links.

Edited by NeoDarklight
  • Upvote 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! MY SHINIIIIIIIIIIES!!!!!!!

Um, so I booted up Episode 10 today and all the shiny-Pokemon in my party were de-shinied... :blink:

However, the shiny Pokemon in my box were still shiny, and if I put them into my party, they remained shiny.

Therefore, I can conclude that before starting Episode 10, you should put all shinies into your box and then take them out when you load up your save in Episode 10. :D

Just a fair warning to anyone who may have this problem. Hopefully this is fixable for others before they download it, but I just wanted to make people aware that this may happen unless it was something I did wrong...

Anyway, thanks and have fun with Episode 10!

Edit: Ok, scratch that, that for some reason did not work...

So, now I have a real problem... My Scolipede and Gyarados (which are both shiny) were in my party at the end of Episode 9. When I open Episode 10 with them in my party, they are no longer shiny. However, the shinies that were in my box at the end of Episode 9, such as my Nidoran, Aron, and Karrablasts, are still shiny. So I figured since I hadn't saved in Episode 10 yet, I could reload up in Episode 9, place the Scolipede and Gyarados in my box, and save my game. Then, they should still be shiny like all the other Pokemon in my box, right? No. For some reason, only those two Pokemon aren't shiny... :blink: Unless it's a problem specific to all Gyarados and Scolipede which seems highly unlikely, I have no idea what happened...

Edited by Flux

Therefore, I can conclude that before starting Episode 10, you should put all shinies into your box and then take them out when you load up your save in Episode 10.

No that won't work either since my shiny spinark was in my box and it lost it shiny. And I also had a shiny crobat in my party and it remand shiny (i love its new shiny coloring btw). So it probable just happens to some random shinys is what I'm guessing, not that's its a big probable (unless the shiny was cool).