Attack On Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin)

chuckles

This didn't have its own topic, and that was a serious problem.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a lot of people here probably watch this show, so i feel like we should discuss it. Like the style and the music and the plot, and the vastness and grandeur of the concept and the vagueness of the knowledge we have been given thus far...snd the fact that it is ending in just over a week, with no current info on when or if it will be brought back.

The first episode actually scared the freaking crap out of me, & I was actually scared of watching more episodes, but I still watched them & I love the show now. & anime's not continuing along with the manga is quite often sadly.=/ I do want AoT to continue.

It'll have a second season. There are still many epic things to come, and if you don't read the manga, more traitors to be seen. But until that time, I'd suggest reading the manga. I might be sure it will have a second season, but I was also sure Soul Eater would, and Ao no Exorcist. Being a monthly series, it will be a while. But judging from how popular AoT became when it got its anime, it has a better shot than most series.

Well i should be able to watch 24 tonight and 25 will be the last apparently. i don't think it will have an anime exclusive ending, because so far it's been pretty much all adaptation.

The gore level is high, but not Elfen Lied high, so it's probably fine. And the fact that characters get killed off like that is a big part of why it's so popular i think; most anime will have lots of people that are basically invincible, or at least very much superhuman. It's fascinating to see a show where humanity is really quite disadvantaged, and besides some cool gadgets and skills most of them are fairly normal. it adds a sense of realism. Not since watching tengen toppa gurren lagann have i been so surprised by the outcome of events in relation to its characters though.

Oh and Ame, it's probably up there yea. the other day i heard people talking about it in my college english class, i feel like that's notable. I think Naruto and One piece are the others in the top 3 then; bleach used to be but it ended abruptly(though not as abruptly as fairy tail)

naruto and one piece will probably go for several more years at least though, and i think the main reason they are so very popular is because they have so many episodes. I remember when naruto was totally unknown, i was watching it at a time when only a few episodes were out in japan. Although of course thats not the only thing, because Detective Conan has more episodes than either of them and is not nearly as popular, which is a shame, because it's great.

Attack on Titan IS getting a live action movie though, if that's any consolation.

Edited by chuckles

Well, one more episode to go. no idea how they can end it so they'll probably have to make more...

ANYHOO i figured out why they are only doing 25. Well as of episode 24 the show has covered 31 chapters of the manga...and as of August 9th, which was when the latest volume was released, there are 46 chapters.....the manga production is a bit slow, one volume being released every 4 months and the volumes alternating between 4 and 5 chapters. Basically there are, without fail, 9 chapters every 8 months. The next volume should be out in early December with 5 chapters, bringing the total to 51. So if 24 episodes covers 31 chapters, with 46 total right now they could do maybe 11 or 12 more episodes. Then they would have to just stop or pull a Naruto and make a ridiculous amount of filler episodes. And nobody wants that. Realistically speaking, if they start again in April, which is when season 1 started, they will have a total of 55 chapters, and assuming episode 25 covers one chapter, they will have 23 more chapters to work with. So maybe they can do less per episode and squeeze in another 25, or maybe they will wait longer, i don't know. But they can't continue it much more right now so stopping at 25 makes sense. it's not like they are working with a massive or completed manga here, and the manga only releases around 1 chapter a month, while the anime apparently covers a little more than a chapter per episode.

What they could do then is keep the band together and wait a year or maybe a little more, so there is more source material to work with, then start again, perhaps with another 25. At this point i'm wondering how long the manga will be because it's being published so slowly that if it isn't done in another 25 episodes it would be at least 3 or 4 years from now until we could theoretically get a 3rd season, because the anime could get completely caught up and it takes 28 months for the manga to release 31-32 chapters.