Asking for Help with PBS File Error

Reconcookiemons

Exactly as it says on the tin. I am dumb and do not understand where this error is taking place. In an effort to track it down I cut out all instances of 'WildItemRare', but the error is still popping up. I do not know what it means by 'section 455'. Are each mon's pokedex number a 'section', like how Bulbasaur is [1]? Copy of the error log for you convenience:

---------------------------

Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 455, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1712:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1695:in `each_line'

Compiler:1695:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1733:in `pbEachFileSection'

Compiler:2337:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2335:in `open'

Compiler:2335:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:4040:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4164

This exception was logged...

---------------------------

Here's a copy of the 'pokemon.txt' file I was working with, as well:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u7Kjws9t_4x_PhCGZ0sFNvgyfYXcSwMy

I know I should expect these sort of problems to spiral out of control, and I am just a beginner when it comes to working with Pokemon Essentials, and I don't expect this topic to be answered yadda yadda yadda, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll credit you on this thing when it's all finished. I'll put a big smooch right by your name. Thank you very much.

And if you could tell me if this is even the appropriate forum or topic to put all this in, I'll put two smooches by your name.

So the reason it says wilditemrare is because it's the last possible data defined for the species the compiler went through and saw that nothing matched so it said that that's the error. I went through and looked at the formatting and nothing stuck out to me. If you've made changes to misdreavus I would undoing them and putting each one back in one by one so you know exactly which line is messed up. Make sure your commas and spaces are all correct as well that's a common mistake I make 

Oh and yes section 455 means 455 in the pokedex, something about  misdreavus code is messed up 

Edited by xSilas
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I've changed Misdreavus? I copy/pasted the original code for it from Reborns' stable PBS files, and the error still pops up...

As a result of other changes I've made to the game, I've rearranged the dex order. I don't know if that's what's necessarily causing this, but it otherwise hasn't broken my game. Yet. (I understand I'll have to change the names of the sprites because of this but that's ok for me). I guess this is what I was talking about with these things spiralling out of control.