Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Starters with DW abilities

ZanderKreegan

Question

I've reset a few times when at the starter choice table, and have yet to get a Totodile, Chimchar, Mudkip or Cyndaquil with their Hidden Abilities. Is is possible for these Pokemon to have them? I know everything else has the DW abilities in their normal set, but I want to know if starters only have the default elemental abilities (at least in this room) or if I'm just really unlucky.

Also, I don't know whether to pick Mudkip or Totodile. Mudkip's always been my Bro, and overally he's great, but I know you can get one in the game, and his movepool by levelup is somewhat shallow. Totodile's otherwise solid and even better if i can start with Sheer Force. How late is it when you can get the Mudkip?

7 answers to this question

Yea it's possible, it's a 50% chance :)

Good to know I still just have terrible luck! I guess I might keep at it until I get a decent Totodile (with Sheer Force of course!) or Mudkip.

Could you give more info on the Mudkip event though? Is it actually a bad idea to waste my starter on Mudkip?

EDIT: ... are you sure the starters can have DW abilities? I keep resetting and STILL haven't gotten one.

Edited by ZanderKreegan

ok, it seems u going with Mudkip but cant u just get Totodile and when time reach to get Mudkip u reset till u found one with Damp cuz Totodile wont be available in Reborn 4 a long while. Not forcing u or anything jus saying

It might be worth noting that out of probably the 50 or so Mudkips I've reset for, probably around 10 or so have had Damp. For the Totodiles, none (of again around 50) have had Sheer Force.

• Administrators

I've seen other people successfully get Sheer Force on the Totodile line in LPs

Unfortunately that ability, like Moxie, is currently incomplete so you're better off with Torrent for the time being...