Pokemon Reborn Memeforms

Specific

Pokemon Reborn Memeforms

Description:

This mod combines the Pokemon Reborn Memeborn and the Pokemon Reborn Alternate forms mods.

Combining the new Pokemon options from the Alternate Forms Pack and Pokemon Memeborn, opponents weaponize the Alternate Forms to create a new source of popcorn spin on the brutal difficulty of Pokemon Memeborn.

The full set of currently available Alternate Forms (and some additional ones) is included. Additionally, some of the Alternate Forms have been changed to be more effective or perform different roles.

Are you ready to suffer?

New Features:

• Updated boss battles which draw on Altforms for an additional challenge
  • Starters hold their respective plate
  • New events, making some pokemon or their evolutions obtainable earlier
  • 2 new alternate forms based on my shitposts custom shinies
  • Additional moves for some Pokemon
  • A new set of Mystery Egg Pokemon, each individual Pokemon with a move that is otherwise unobtainable
  • 16 postgame battles
  • Shift Mode acts like Set Mode, Items are banned
  • A wide set of pre-installed mods, including the option to enable Debug
  • Pokemon changes from Memeborn are retained
  • Miscellaneous changes, all documented in the Spec's Changes txt file that comes with the download

Download:    (last update 26 Mar. 2020)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QLjGsQ3a_MUbLfCZOTVBuW4ZjI5cesOL (Google drive upload)

Download:    (last update 23 Feb. 2020)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/btskr4kin9rhffq/Pokemon_Reborn_Memeforms.rar/file (mediafire upload)

Patches:

1.3.1 (last update 26 Mar. 2020)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13UFOvislS5BZG1qZJ02MC2Sk9MIFB8Y3 (Google drive upload)

1.3.0 (last update 23 Feb. 2020)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u30004oeeknuitg/Pokemon_Reborn_Memeforms%282%29.rar/file (mediafire upload)

Patch 1.3.1 (Mar 26, 2020):

Spoiler

Fiore Gauntlet enemies have been toned down.

Fiore Gauntlet partners have been buffed slightly

Alt Dragalge now has its correct typing.

Moon salamence now has its sprites.

Hycrox' metagross now has its correct sprites.

Patch 1.3.0 (Feb 23, 2020):

Spoiler

PBS are now publicly available

Fixed misc. bugs.

Added ditto the postgame.

Credits: 

Spoiler

General:
Bluetowel: creating altforms, sharing his data and helping with making the game
Azery: creating memeborn, helping design the game, extensive bug fixing assistance
DemICE: Extensive assistance with scripting
Aironfaar and Waynolt: mod packs to help smoothen the gameplay experience
Commander: Script that allows trainers to have more than 6 pokemon.

Base altforms sprites:
DMBY
DreamblitzX
Hellscythe
Khrona
Player_Null_Name
Privateer Elise
Pyrromanis
OldSoulja??
Hamigakimomo

Additional spriting:
DMBY: Rhybombee concept, sun salamence and psychic hydreigon, ice gengar, ace trainer sprite
Hycrox: Steel hydreigon and electric metagross sprites
Player Null Name: Togeskill backsprite and icon, rhybombee sprite
Pokemon infinite fusion discord: Togeskill original sprite and concept

Testers:
Azery
Ghost
Jess
Krantz
Lowkey7ft4

Luna
Omega
Riku Sakuraba
Sceptilepsy
ShadowStar
Weeb

DarkDreamerLuna

Post-release Testing and bug fixes:

Fallirion

Generic Gamer

Pyukumuku

S_G

Sage

Seal

Zhaorai

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

As I'm not active in the reborn discord server anymore, I'd like to elaborate on the patch I just uploaded:

Spoiler

-The postgame fights have been moved to after Hardy's gym arena opens.

My original plan with these was to award items to people who can beat the fights early. However, playthroughs showed a fair amount of people resorting to strategies such as endeavor sturdy, destiny bond, etc. to obtain the rewards. I feel this doesn't do the fights justice, so they've been pushed back until after hardy's gym arena opens up.

-Terrain moves now fail

Making it more difficult to change the field you're fighting on. Hopefully this'll prevent some of the cheesier strats to get around difficult fights.

-Increased the AI on enemy trainers

Memeborn has the AI of all trainers set to 100 and I forgot to port that change until now. Oops. This'll hopefully make the postgame fights behave more intelligently.

-Added a new postgame fight

A new tester for the intermediate versions has arrived. As such, they've been given a postgame fight.

-Removed rare candies from sweet co.

I've seen instances of extreme overleveling to the point of overleveling a pokemon by 30 levels just to get it to evolve early. While I don't object to overleveling your mon, I'd like to not facilitate extreme cases like these.

-Reorganised mystery egg

Some of the mystery eggs just were too powerful or had overbearing moves. Both the pool of pokemon and their moves have been overhauled to be less powerful, but should still serve as power sources for any monotype run.

-Removed misc. high level moves from pokemon

I gave some pokemon moves to use at 80+ levels in earlier versions. These have been removed largely for the same reason rare candies have been removed from sweet co.

-Updated the altforms to 0.5.12

-Misc minor bug fixes

-Misc small battle redesigns

Double posting because I have an important bug fix to share:

Spoiler

Postgame fights are now tied to having watched the e19 teaser (Beat hardy's gym and walk out of said gym to unlock postgame fights.) While I don't feel this is worth sending a new update for, here are fixes for players currently battling the postgame fights:

https://mega.nz/#!r7xTzSjC!W9lPN0wDO1gfiQoPQVT-U6rma3v5JrU06Yw-PJME4vQ (main game)

https://mega.nz/#!WmonzCAb!09Ove-QP8-FoVEOV38u7XxcsrzTnq6zOgf-tlXFBS98 (patch)

This should hopefully prevent the bugs of postgame fights not appearing at all (The event was tied to hardy's gym opening up before)

Hello! Is there a way to change the "items are banned" mode? I prefer using items and putting a self limit on myself instead of banning them outright. If not I'll deal. I have rpg maker if I need to edit the files directly, but I don't know which lines to edit and what to edit with. Any help would be appreciated. Please and thank you!

• 1 month later...

Every time I defeat the opponent's pokemon, I get this error:

---------------------------
Pokemon Reborn Memeforms
Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Battle::NOSPLITEXP
PokeBattle_Battle:3467:in `pbGainExpOne'
PokeBattle_Battle:3369:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:3363:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3363:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:3334:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3334:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battler:6008:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:6137:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:6136:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:6136:in `pbProcessTurn'

21 hours ago, !!yxnT said:

Every time I defeat the opponent's pokemon, I get this error:

Pokemon Reborn Memeforms
Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Battle::NOSPLITEXP
PokeBattle_Battle:3467:in `pbGainExpOne'
PokeBattle_Battle:3369:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:3363:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3363:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:3334:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3334:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battler:6008:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:6137:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:6136:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:6136:in `pbProcessTurn'

Yeah I also found this problem. I solved it by moving the .rb files that were located on the Data folder to the Mods folder.

While we are on the topic about bug report, does the wild pokemon doing nothing on their turns intended?

On 1/19/2020 at 6:06 PM, TripleHHH said:

Yeah I also found this problem. I solved it by moving the .rb files that were located on the Data folder to the Mods folder.

While we are on the topic about bug report, does the wild pokemon doing nothing on their turns intended?

Thanks for the bug report. I uploaded a new patch just now that should fix both wild pokemon inactivity as well as the issue in the post you quoted.

• 1 month later...

Double-Posting to announce patch 1.3.0. This patch introduces:

New content:

Spoiler

-Slightly diversified content on enemy pokemon: I've tried to cut down on the instances of moves like floaty fall and thousandarrows in order to introduce more diversity in enemy movepools.

-A new ditto postgame event. Which, for the record, is not intended to be fair.

-Bug fixes. Cain's greninja in particular should no longer attack your teammates.

-PBS files in the download.  Mod to your heart's content.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I appreciate the amount of work put into this. I'm playing Memeforms now. It's definitely "tear your hair out" level difficulty. 

The main thing that makes it so difficult is that you are prevented from using any items except held items. The first poison badge gym leader, (who doesn't give you a badge) and the grass gym leader are particularly difficult because you don't have access to items that let you gain EV's faster until after beating these two gym leaders. In this game, you depend on EV's.

In order to make this game more desirable to play for most people, I'd either set up an option that allows players to use items, or remove the item ban altogether, or find a way to give those EV-increasing items to players at the game's start. Also, if there's an option to have all pokemon get pokerus and keep it permanently, that would make accumulating EV's very quick, which I'd like. You'd remove a lot of grinding while not decreasing the difficulty.

• Disregard 1

So, I just beat the bug badge...it's third badge, but your fourth badge leader you fight (Corey...that asshat...jumps off abridge rather than giving you the badge. They need an option for urinating on his grave in this game).

This game is not something that anyone with any sense will attempt. Pokemon Memeborn was like playing a game of chess designed for masochists in which the pieces randomly burst into flames. This is more like playing a game of chess specifically designed for masochists in which your own pieces randomly burst into flames, but then also come alive and start attacking you while you're playing the game of chess. There is no joy in this game, only suffering...and yet, in the same way that stars amidst the empty black sky shine stand out all the brighter because of the void all around them, when you finally complete a badge you feel like you're an Olympic Athelete who just won a medal...and the suffering becomes very joy-like.

This is actually my favorite Reborn mod...because I like difficult games, and there's nothing more difficult that involves this genre.

My most useful mon's have been the following:

*My desposable army of Raticates, Seakings, Lumineons, and Skuntanks. None of them have any names. They don't need names. They have life spans of about four seconds a piece...however they're probably the best, easily available early mons you can get that can deal a decent amount of damage, during the one or two hits they can take before they crumple like paper. 

*Vespiquen with defend order, heal order, substitute, and fury cutter, and the item metrenome, and the ability "pressure."  This thing won me two badges almost singlehandedly, but it needed a lot of help to get set up first. The "pressure" ability is vital. That's about half its usefullness alone. It's extremely fragile at first, but once it gets going it's pretty much invulnerable. 

*Zoroark with nasty plot, night daze, extrasensory and...whatever else you want because the fourth spot's useless. Just spam night daze and it'll beat many things. It's one of the few good, fast attackers you can get early on. It collapses immediately if so much as a mosquito lands on in though.

*Ledyba with barrier, light screen, agility, and baton pass. 

*Swalot with Yawn, acid, and stockpile and...whatever else. The fourth slot doesn't matter much.

*Butterfree with compound eyes and sleep powder and whirlwind. Whirlwind is useful because you can put something to slip, whirlwind it out, then put something else asleep too...and just kind of slide through the ranks like that putting as many opponents as possible to sleep before it finally dies.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I rate this a 1 out of five...and that's because I don't think anyone is going to play it for longer than five minutes except me. You have to do everything possible in order to succeed in any way possible. You pretty much require EV training for just about everything....and you can't get the EV increasing items until after Corey's badge...so you're just kind of screwed and your only solution is to bang your head against a wall for awhile until a genie comes out of your skull and grants you a wish that allows you to make it through the damn game.

That said, this is my favorite Reborn mod, because it has a lot of difficulty...and the creativity of Memeborn and several (but not all) of the new types of the alternate forms mod.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think this game can be summarized by describing one of the more odd fights in it. Rather than a more traditional fight...the new pokemon fight this game replaces that fight with consists of a giant mob of Blissey's running up to you and exploding. It doesn't really make any sense...and it's great, because it's totally unpredictable, and it wipes out your entire team without warning, and there's a somewhat easy way past it, but you've got to use a bit of creativity to find it.

The game, like those Blissey's, hates you and wants to hurt you, and it's willing to destroy itself in order to hurt you. Your job is to outsmart it and avoid being blown up by exploding Blisseys that exist for no reason. 

Actually, I think the exploding Blisseys were from memeborn, nut the analogy applies here well.

• Upvote 1
  • Disregard 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, Rorroto said:

I rate this a 1 out of five...and that's because I don't think anyone is going to play it for longer than five minutes except me.

I mean, this is an incredibly popular mod that dozens of people have played, many people having played it multiple times with different monos. Ignoring all of your actual thoughts on it, just know that your experience is very different from the experience many other people have had.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, Moto said:

I mean, this is an incredibly popular mod that dozens of people have played, many people having played it multiple times with different monos. Ignoring all of your actual thoughts on it, just know that your experience is very different from the experience many other people have had.

This is a great mod. Actually, it's my favorite. I like it more than pretty much any pokemon game I've played. I was rather alarmed that it stopped being available for awhile, actually. 

I was just thinking people who lack my odd personality would likely tend to dislike it. Maybe I'm wrong. I did specify that I liked it a lot in my original statement. I would probably not recommend it to anyone else, because I imagine them getting angry and tearing their hair out...but if there are numerous people who share my obsessive self-destructive personality type, and want games that encourage you to tear your hair out, have fun. I'm currently enjoying kicking people's arse with my flying wigglytuff. I like how a lot of the plate-based modified mons are not usually overpowered too, but still useful. Oftentimes the plate modifications improve things just enough to make not especially useful or dull mons like wigglytuff and typhlosion more interesting, and that diversity also helps make fights with opponents less predictable and more interesting. It seems like a lot of thought was put into the modifications and battling system and I appreciate that. There are significantly fewer "trash" tier mons now, I think, and everything's more interesting in general, and nicely difficult. It's also great to have more double battles.

That said, I've probably seen more comments about people wanting reborn to be easier, than comments involving an interest in it being harder. I imagine these people attempting to play this sadomasochistic nightmare and just start chuckling. 

I hope the creator didn't perceive my previous comment as ungrateful. This is a great mod and I appreciate their time. They should be proud of it...and I'm quite thankful, especially because it's a free game I've enjoyed more than many I've paid for. Hopefully pride in their work will be good enough payment, which they certainly deserve.

• 1 year later...