How many Shiny Trainers

Cqis

I've got at least a dozen shinies and counting all of which I encountered during grinding sessions rather than intentional hunting or just a handful of static soft resets. I'm currently working on soft resetting the Corrupted Pokeball Raltz shiny.  
Shinies are borderline a commonality in this game, the Shiny Charm is actually hardly necessary. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

We are not talking about shiny Pokémon for the player. The topic is about shiny Pokémon on NPC Trainers.

And yes, the NPCs that use shiny Pokémon are planned to use them. If you take a look at the PBS files you can see that those Characters that use shiny Pokémon have the parameters for the shiny value set to "true" for their specific shiny Mons.

14 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

We are not talking about shiny Pokémon for the player. The topic is about shiny Pokémon on NPC Trainers.

I can see now how that is a possibility but it's a grey area until the topic creator clarifies as the first post is unspecific. 

It wouldn't be inaccurate to refer to the players as trainers. 

Same basic answer either way.
NPC shines are not an abnormality either, they're intentional. 

Edited by Devilish

6 minutes ago, Devilish said:

I can see now how that is a possibility but it's a grey area until the topic creator clarifies as the first post is unspecific. 

May i direct your attention to the third post, where the creator of this topic said

On 1/16/2020 at 4:31 AM, Cqis said:

I meant NPC Trainers.

You are right about the topic creators first post though, it was not accurate about whether he(she?) meant "trainers" as in players or NPCs.

Anyway, i took another look into the PBS files and for most of the "random" trainers it is within the realm of possibility that they might have random shinies, since for most of them their teams are not coded further than what species of Pokémon they use and what level they are supposed to be. However, for the important characters, such as gym leaders, rivals, the Meteor Admins, and even the most well known Meteor duo Aster and Eclipse all of their Teams are fully coded, which not only includes their level, move set, ability, form (Rotom forms for example) nature, EVs and IVs, but also goes as far as to specificly state gender, nicknames and shiny status.

And this needs to be this way for consistency, since Julia, for example, is the first trainer with a guaranteed shiny (Alolan Geodude), and later on she has an Alolan Golem, which also is a shiny, since it's supposed to be her Geodude that has evolved. But that does not only apply to shiny Pokémon. Take Shelly as another example, who does some changes to her team over the course of the game. While you progress through the game she replaces her team (the one that she used in your gym battle against her) for new, nicknamed Pokémon step by step, until her Yanmega, nicknamed "Heather" is the only one of her prior gym team that remains on her new team.

Also, since the creator of this topic is new on the forums, i apologize if you feel like this explanation contains unwanted spoilers.

20 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

May i direct your attention to the third post, where the creator of this topic said

You are right about the topic creators first post though, it was not accurate about whether he(she?) meant "trainers" as in players or NPCs.

Anyway, i took another look into the PBS files and for most of the "random" trainers it is within the realm of possibility that they might have random shinies, since for most of them their teams are not coded further than what species of Pokémon they use and what level they are supposed to be. However, for the important characters, such as gym leaders, rivals, the Meteor Admins, and even the most well known Meteor duo Aster and Eclipse all of their Teams are fully coded, which not only includes their level, move set, ability, form (Rotom forms for example) nature, EVs and IVs, but also goes as far as to specificly state gender, nicknames and shiny status.

And this needs to be this way for consistency, since Julia, for example, is the first trainer with a guaranteed shiny (Alolan Geodude), and later on she has an Alolan Golem, which also is a shiny, since it's supposed to be her Geodude that has evolved. But that does not only apply to shiny Pokémon. Take Shelly as another example, who does some changes to her team over the course of the game. While you progress through the game she replaces her team (the one that she used in your gym battle against her) for new, nicknamed Pokémon step by step, until her Yanmega, nicknamed "Heather" is the only one of her prior gym team that remains on her new team.

Also, since the creator of this topic is new on the forums, i apologize if you feel like this explanation contains unwanted spoilers.

The first paragraph about the "random" trainers is not correct, if there is no data given about shinyness of NPC trainer mons it defaults to "not shiny" meaning, unless it's specified that a mon is shiny on an NPC trainer it absolutely won't be, so no random shinies on NPC teams, only predefined ones

Edited by Falirion

21 minutes ago, Falirion said:

The first paragraph about the "random" trainers is not correct, if there is no data given about shinyness of NPC trainer mons it defaults to "not shiny" meaning, unless it's specified that a mon is shiny on an NPC trainer it absolutely won't be, so no random shinies on NPC teams, only predefined ones

Is that so? Well, the things you can learn by exchanging informations XD This one i didn't know....

Then again, if a trainer has no moves specified for his Pokémon (just like it is the case for the random trainers) it also defaults to the last 4 moves that Pokémon would have learned if a Pokémon would always replace it's "oldest" move with the "newest" it could learn by level up. By that same logic it would make sense to set "not shiny" as a default if no shiny status is specified, since regular Pokémon are not shiny by default.