SmilodonLady's art gallery

SmilodonLady

Okay, this is the third time I've had to redo this since my tablet is an asshole. No really it would not let me out of the insert URL that I accidentally hit and made me start all over.

So, anyways I'm just going to go a head an display three sprite edits I did. Y'alls can use 'em just ask and give me credit for the original work!

Picture_GirlLighter.png.114e79171cd2eacc3d10f5223f9a7e92.png This lovley lady ( If anyone can find Lucy's overworld sprite from RSE...)

The next two are regional variants for a region (Liniri region) I made up for a fangame that won't happen any time soon.

Linirian Meowth

1323632971_LinirianMeowth.png.e3b486c77a53682655e682f40122e0cb.png

Type: Dragon

These feral Meowth would rather hiss and run from humans than stay and fight. Linirian Meowth can be difficult to train due to their feral tendencies. But, they take a Meowth's liking of shiny objects to an extreme. Hoarding all that glitters and prepared to turn your arms into ribbons if you dare try to take anything from their hoard.

Linirian Persian

184514002_LinirianPersian.png.11a83869141d9128b1cdb784f36a52ad.png

Type: Dragon Fire

Evolved by a Meowth who has lived long enough and found the right stone (lv 28 + random evo stone). Linirian Persian will fearsomely guard what they believe to be their's, this can include their trainer. They cannot breath fire very far, but their flames are 5000°F. These Persian often breath fire over their claws to heat them up.

^ those variants are based off of feral cats, Bengal cats, and a dragon's tendency to hoard.

Edited by SmilodonLady
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A siemi realistic Linirian Persian

Spoiler

D0sO5Ge.jpg

Linirian Skitty

Type: Fairy

1744018869_LinirianSkitty.png.ddc1e91d9dd575633a3c7ba863a254eb.png

The harsher climate of the Liniri region forced Skitty to adapt. Instead of existing only to be cute, they took on the Fairy typing so that they could defend themselves against dark and fighting type predators.

Linirian Delcatty 

Type: Fairy Psychic

1670511397_LinirianDelcatty.png.10036c4f3b940e010d7669825ddcfe6c.png

Exposure to a moonstone not only triggered evolution, but caused its eyes to open. Delcatty's natural refined personality has taken a much more sophisticated path of enlightenment. Linirian Delcatty are intelligent and eager to learn about the world. Its even thought that they could match humans, and some of them even learn to speak telepathically.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My first oc I made

Spoiler

Midnight, based loosely off of Night furies, I've been drawing her since I wanna say the fourth grade. Specifically she is a Night dragon, a species I created that can fly at incredible speeds, breath blue flames, void breath (makes it hard to breath) and star breath (causes horrible pain). Night dragons are telepathic and can read minds. Their scales can light up like the night sky full of stars at will.

Ax3jiqU.jpg

Linirian Purloin

Type: Gohst

167593232_LinirianPurloin.png.da1c7fe328836cb12f3ae0790fcb286c.png

Linirian Purloins prefer to steal your secrets instead of your belongings. They manipulate and hide in the shadows, listening when you think nowone else is there.

Linirian Lieapard

Type: Ghost Dark

823575598_LinirianLieapard.png.b260a909649bba830d2fbff062ef8abb.png

Once a Purloin finds a worthy secret (lv 20) it evolves. It will protect the secret and by extension anyone or thing that is part of it. Using its powerful shadow manipulation it can make itself appear to like any other cat like Pokemon.

These kitties are based off of the mithical linx from this book series I've been reading. The basic premise of them is that the linx can teleport, shapeshift into other felines, and they hoard and sometimes protect secrets. And yes, I know Lieapard is usually a dark type, but that type combination was just too perfect for what I was going for!

Edited by SmilodonLady
  • Like 1

First off, a Pokémon rejuvenation fan doodle, could be considered spoiler-ish to some since it is of a scene somewhat near the end of the current release. (Alamissa Urben first visit)

Spoiler

Just the MC I used in my play through and her mother's Sylveon being reunited. For those of you who may be curious I named the Sylveon Regret since I already had the gift Mawaile named Nancy and if you have done a specific side quest you can discover that Nancy's trainer class is 'Lingering Regret' 

e2mUl8B.jpg

Linirian Growlithe

Type: Bug

1698462685_LinirianGrowithe.png.5c00e1f2c6c21689ac87e03b9b736f8c.png

Don't let this pup's looks deceive you. It's bug typing comes from a symbiosis with some bug types, mainly Grubbin but other small bugs hide in Grolithe's fur as well. The litte bugs get protection and the Growlithe gets a bit of extra help in battles from irritated insects.

Linirian Arcanine

Type: Bug Electric

1012564256_LinirianArcanine.png.dc9edfada994c91d09e177e47c4aeb05.png

Evolves by Thunder Stone. Now, only Grubbin and Charjabug hide in it's mane. All of the Arcanine's electrical attacks actually come from the Grubbin and Charjabugs. But, these big dogs are rather nomadic and sometimes pass through areas with a magnetic flux, allowing for the Charjabugs to evolve if their ready.

The inspiration for these two was Zinogre from Monster Hunter. Since a bug electric type dose exist, I used them, since in MH Zinogre's electricity comes from tiny thunderbugs.

Linirian Vulpix

Type: Fire

2072529829_LinirianVulpix.png.721f2610d306b622e54b5bf83f5989fd.png

Dispite being the same type as it's Kantonian counterpart, Linirian Vulpixes are different in terms of behavior. Linirian Vulpixes are more in tune with the spirt realm, acting as gides for lost souls. They sometimes linger around those who are about to die, not only to bring them comfort in their final days, but to protect their souls from harm. Linirian Vulpixes have a hatred for the Litwick line since they all 'eat' souls.

Linirian Ninetales

Type: Fire Ghost

1067215839_LinirianNinetails.png.ff8a1ae87aca1a6862db056884a9e3a5.png

Legends also refer to it as 'The Guardian of the Departed'. Linirian Ninetales are capable of sending a soul straight to the spirit realm. They no longer curse those who touch their tails, instead making them more spiritually at peace. Linirian Ninetales like to visit hospitals and nursing homes to bring the residents comfort and warmth as they get better, and peace of mind as they pass on. However, it's very kind and caring nature will vanish upon seeing any member of the Litwick line. Linirian Ninetales will ruthlessly attack them, enraged by Litwick's (and co.) 'Diet' of souls, souls that it should have been able to gide into a peaceful afterlife.

Drawing from how Ninetales seems to have a heavy spiritual influence, yet not be a ghost type and the Litwick rivalry is only natural considering they have such conflicting behaviors.

No extra drawings today, but, I do have a nice pairing of variants!

Linirian Seviper

Type: Poison Ground

775524092_LinirianSeviper.png.617cf2537421abf5736ab8e70c00bdd3.png

Linirian Seviper co-evolved with L.Zangoose to a degree. Linirian Seviper is capable of using its sharp tail to help it tunnel through the ground. It still has a bitter rivalry with Zangoose, but Seviper tends to come out on top due to having a slight advantage.

That's just me coming up with an odd typing, actually these both fit that description...

Linirian Zangoose

Type: Steel Fighting

2145266619_LinirianZangoose.png.47709307bdd732423ebb6b31c07f3065.png

Originally pure fighting, but becoming part Steel to gain a natural immunity to it's rivals attacks. However, this backfired since Seviper adapted to become a tunnel dweller. Its razor sharp claws are made out of synthetic (as in naturally growing) iron. This makes them incredibly strong and durable.

If you look closely at the sprite, you can see where I tried to make a metallic sheen on the claws.

• 4 weeks later...

Re-imageined Galar fossils, they're no longer suffering abominations you're welcome

Spoiler

Dracozolt, you see Cara Liss had numerous misconceptions about her haphazardly slapped together abominations. A Linirian scientist using similar technology replicated her work, only putting carful work and consideration into each one. As such he discovered that Dracozolt is omnivorous but, would prefer meat. Dracozolt also was able to run faster since now its body is much more in puportion with itself.

O7QM3ZD.png

Arctozolt, was never ment to be slow! With the improvements the Linirian scientist made, he discovered that Arctozolt is a spaz. Constantly moving and twitching to generate electricity, but it can never hold a charge for very long since Arctozolt has a very small organ for storing electricity. Arctozolt prefers to discharge this electricity under water to hunt for fish easier and to increase the power of its shock.

yf0BEYe.png

Dracovish, was re worked into more of a swamp dweller. While, yes Dracovish still needs to breathe underwater, it can breathe air (kinda like how some actual fish do. Aripima, Alligator Gar, and to a lesser exent goldfish) for up to an hour out of water. This allows it to make use of its terrifying speed both in and out of the water. (Based the design off of kaprosuscus, a prehistoric crocodilian with cat like anatomy.)

MJgUsPv.png

Arctovish, literally just put its head on the right way. Due to the slightly different process used by Linirian scientists, Arctovish's two types interacted interestingly creating icy plates on its head that offer protection and strengthen its bite.

rPRgRjc.png

Rise of the murder plants

Linirian Lileep

Type: Water Grass

1970282392_LinirianLilileep.png.14dd78572b7156154be65d9990e649c1.png

In the Linira region, Lileep never went extinct. These Lileep tend to be brightly colored and some refer to them as 'Sea Lilies'. L Lileep mainly use photosynthesis, but also eat microorganisms.

Linirian Cradily

Type: Water Grass

1433751730_LinirianCradiliy.png.00a805d3e1c85e0d362e939cb520fb94.png

Linirian Cradily have gained a taste for larger prey. Living in deep sea caves and abandoned shipwrecks, L Cradliy waits for its prey to come close before spraying a cloud of poison into the water and waiting for the poison to weaken its prey before finishing it off. Oddly L Cradliy can reabsorb the excess poison to use again latter.

Based on the fact that crinoids are a Lazarus species (thought to be extinct but was found to still be alive). Also no way in hell L Cradliy won't have the ability poison heal and thus why I avoided making it a poison type.

Linirian Morlull

Type: Fairy Poison

1892743947_LinirianMorlull.png.96410b34627aa85bde5a2e62499a7595.png

Linirian Morlull appear almost innocent. However, they often lure people into the deep forest to possibility never be seen again. Linirian Morlull eerily show up at the site of a recent death.

Linirian Shinotic

Type: Fairy Poison

1709560760_LinirianShinotic.png.7ccef7c9057254032907802d27040a29.png

Parents in the Linira region tell their children to never stray off the path in the woods, and for a good reason. Linirian Shinotic feed on the recently killed and are not afraid acquire this by any means necessary. The under side of the bell will glow vibrantly after feeding.

Inspired by how creepy this line's actual dex entries are and that mushrooms can be horrifying.

• 1 month later...