I'm upsetti spaghetti

xSilas

Ame you're great just want to make that clear but your tiles are about to give me an aneurysm. On just the tiles from Agate you used 6 different black outline colors that are all just slightly off from each other. 09090c 121317 0a090b 08090d 080808 and 17181c. All of which aren't actually pure black which would be 000000

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 20.49.19.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 20.49.06.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 20.49.34.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 20.49.39.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 20.49.45.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 20.49.55.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trufa said:

You know, I'm very curious on why you would search this information and how you came by it.  o.O

I'm working on my own fan game and I got permission to use some of her tilesets. So I wanted to design a new house and see what color she used to outline her building and that's when the madness started. Basically every black outline is slightly different so AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

38 minutes ago, xSilas said:

I'm working on my own fan game and I got permission to use some of her tilesets. So I wanted to design a new house and see what color she used to outline her building and that's when the madness started. Basically every black outline is slightly different so AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh, i see, sorry for the comment above

• Veterans

Tip: If you have Photoshop, open up your tilesets in there and copy in those swatches you have in an empty spot on the tileset, then merge it with the layer the tileset is on. Grab the bucket tool, turn off anti-aliasing and contiguous mode, then color all those swatches you have pure black. Et voila! You'll have all of the outlines turned completely black in one go without having to do everything manually. Don't forget to remove the swatches later on though, lol.

I'm not sure if there's equivalents of this in other programs, but it's extremely useful to recolor stuff so I'd recommend finding a program that supports such a function.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zumi said:

Tip: If you have Photoshop, open up your tilesets in there and copy in those swatches you have in an empty spot on the tileset, then merge it with the layer the tileset is on. Grab the bucket tool, turn off anti-aliasing and contiguous mode, then color all those swatches you have pure black. Et voila! You'll have all of the outlines turned completely black in one go without having to do everything manually. Don't forget to remove the swatches later on though, lol.

I'm not sure if there's equivalents of this in other programs, but it's extremely useful to recolor stuff so I'd recommend finding a program that supports such a function.

Woah thanks yeah I'll try that

• Administrators
On 1/7/2020 at 7:50 PM, xSilas said:

Ame you're great just want to make that clear but your tiles are about to give me an aneurysm. On just the tiles from Agate you used 6 different black outline colors that are all just slightly off from each other. 09090c 121317 0a090b 08090d 080808 and 17181c. All of which aren't actually pure black which would be 000000

you're valid and i'm so sorry for everything

(although i would never want to actually use pure black since transparency eats that sometimes)

31 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

you're valid and i'm so sorry for everything

(although i would never want to actually use pure black since transparency eats that sometimes)

I'm not actually upset I just thought it was a funny oversight. I can tell you probably didn't use photoshop to make the tiles (oh and that's good to know about transparency) 

Edited by xSilas

• Administrators

yeah i use graphics gale, and like, i'm still actively aware that there's a bunch of different outline colors in GG, since i'm usually copy-pasting a bunch of stuff from other different tilesets
but it's not necessarily worth fixing each and everything
but then later i regret it

so even if you're not upset

i am

primarily by the unavoidable state of entropy that exists simply due to the passage of time

h

4 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

yeah i use graphics gale, and like, i'm still actively aware that there's a bunch of different outline colors in GG, since i'm usually copy-pasting a bunch of stuff from other different tilesets
but it's not necessarily worth fixing each and everything
but then later i regret it

so even if you're not upset

i am

primarily by the unavoidable state of entropy that exists simply due to the passage of time

h

Yeah I get that, making sure all my tilesets all work together with each other has been a pain in the ass due to the differences between tilesets downloaded online