Move Relearner is still bugged

Kenneth

It won't teach pre-evolution moves, to an evolved form. My mon should be eligible. Persian with Pay Day, i postponed evolution until level 30 then evolved. Tried to delete the move pay day, then paid a visit to move relearner. Pay Day won't show up. 

Move relearners should teach to pokemon, pre-evolution moves that they had earned legit through legit gameplay, no?

Quote from bulbapedia as of USUM "The Move Reminder can only teach a Pokémon moves that its species can learn; they cannot teach moves exclusive to a pre-evolution. In particular, many Pokémon that evolve by evolutionary stone have a very restricted set of level-up moves in their evolved forms compared to their unevolved forms. For example, Eevee can learn Take Down by leveling up, but none of its evolutions can; this means that an Eevee could be taught Take Down by a Move Reminder (if it has the appropriate level prior to Generation VII), but a Vaporeon or other Eeveelution could not."

Edited by xSilas
  • Thanks 1

The point is (I think) the releaner does a check on the "moves available to the species" lisr and lets you choose from that, like you won't find TMs, HMs or RMs in there even if you used them except if the pokémon in question learns them by level (Salamence-fly). You can get to add "egg moves" to that list with mods and stuff tho

• Thanks 1