Cloneworks Unlimited Second Quest: The Storm Caper

Hal Henderics

Walking for a long while following the bird-woman named Dia, the gang becomes more and more unnerved by just how far away this mysterious person had been watching them from.

Just how far away CAN they see?  Just how far away can Dia see?

When they finally see the person she had been talking about, she immediately opens into her tirade.

"Alright shitstick, who the hell are you?  Why are you staring at us like a creep?" Dia demand, taking aggressive steps forward.

0QJL8g0.png

Spoiler

The dapper-suited Cheetah-person stares at the party with a straight face.  "Bit rude of you Ma'am, but if you insist.  The name's Flambe.  Ever heard of peoplewatching?"

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not really, since we were just born."

Calyx will look around the place they were at, trying to see where the nexus was for his chick's next step to growth. Also being unnerved by the Scantgobbler's personification.

His lips quirk up at everyone's reactions.

"Tell me what you really think about me," he comments sarcastically, before standing up and stretching.

This makes it abundantly clear that he's taller than everyone else in the area by a wide margin.

"I mean, it isn't like I've got anything better to do, now that I'm retired," he says.

He notices Calyx searching the area, chuckling a bit as he shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Notice something missing, do you?" he continues.

"If you're looking for the Storm Nexus, I'm afraid you're a few months too late.  It's already been repo'd.  Don't ask me how, I'm not exactly a scientist, but apparently, Nutrivatco went ahead and hauled it off a while ago."

He kicks a tuft of grass.  "Place is as plain as can be, now.  Nothing but grass.  I hear they'll be sending over a few people in a couple of months.  Turn the whole place into farmland."

His small talk annoys Dia, who takes several steps closer, glaring up at him.

"You know, I don't think I like you, 'Flambe'.  Call it a gut feeling," she says, spitting a sizzling red pellet off to the side.

His smirk doesn't change.  "That so?"

He lets out a small huff.

"So maybe I need new hobbies.  Maybe I'll check out that theme park that's supposed to be reopening.  Could be fun," his voice quirks as he shrugs, unconcerned with the group's suspicion.

"That sounds intresting. A theme park sounds like a nice place to go have some fun after some work, but more importantly, how can you Repo a Nexus? Its supposed to be a confluence of energy, which I presume is natural, right? How can you Repossess something owned by the wilderness, even aside from the logistics of trapping and moving it."

"Also, Whats this about coming in and replacing this area with farmland"

Card looks over the building and its surrounding area with concern 

"What's a fharm land? And what's a theme park?," Block earnestly asked the fuzzy man, not sure why everyone else is being hostile, making weird tones, or using those big words and terms he couldn't pronounce. After scratching the back of his head, he moved up to stand ahead beside Dia and the fussy man to block any attacks they might launch at each other.

He covers his mouth, a smile peaking out of it.

"Oh, looking to stick it to the man, eh?  Well, I don't know about you, but I think it's a bit suspicious that Nutrivatland opened back up right after they repossessed the nexus."

"A fellow might start making some connections between the two."

Dia frowns heavily.  "Why are you helping us?"

He pauses, shrugging as he turns and starts to walk away.  "Well, I don't think I like you folks.  Call it a gut feeling,"

His back shakes with silent laughter.  "Maybe you'll get yourself killed playing hero, and save me the trouble." 

"Of course, I'd cover up those Soul Orbs, if I were you.  I hear they don't let flesh-golems ride the rides," he explains, waving as he walks away into the distance casually.

He's still walking by the time Dia turns to face you all.

"You know, I think I might hate his guts, actually." Dia says with faux realization.

XorQ1at.png

As you travel towards Nutrivatland, you find a road leading there.  Traveling along it together for safety and speed, you encounter something horrifying scraping its way down the road towards you.

A horrifying monster, made of pulsating pink meat, with red and yellow pus drizzling down its back.  A puffy brown mass is stuck to its arm, and its face is set in a perpetual silent howl.

It crawls towards the group frantically, unleashing squelching noises as it does so.

Card holds his sword up at an angle and slots two cards into it, then runs one of his cards through the slider
"Full! Ichor!"
"Full! Home Cooked Meal!" 

"Trial! Unfathomable Flesh!"

Spoiler

"Ichor" Card     It resembles wood, or maybe hardened leather with a single golden teardrop on it

Full: Your weapon slowly weeps Ichor, minorly infecting those you attack causing slight defense drops.

Spoiler

"Home Cooked Meal" Card     The card displays a heaping plate of golden kebabs, drenched in sauce and flanked by frozen treats

Full: Periodically releases snacks.

Spoiler

"Unfathomable Flesh" Card           This card depicts a mass of writhing flesh with drooping tentacles.
It radiates eldritch power.

This card acts more like divine magic than the other arcane magic cards, the card is doing something and then a seemingly unrelated effect is manifesting.

Trial: A large collection of giant teeth grow on the item and fire out to impale enemies when the user attacks.

As soon as Card has an opening he will swing his sword with both hands and sent a hail of giant teeth at the attacking monster

Block rears back and motions for Dia to attack from the left side, before he charges forth with a high velocity block from the right to force it to attack him and expose it's flank for others to strike.

8 20 17 7 6 11 14 7 4 3

Psolomom runs towards the beast, unleashing a potent echopunch!

The monster squelches horribly as the ambient magic strikes it, making it mutate further!

Psolomom now has a hotdog mutant glove attacking her!

-

Card swings his sword, embedding countless teeth at the monster!  Chunks of it are blown off one after another!

-

Alpha hucks a bunch of explosives at the monster, blasting it to pieces!

But several of the pieces grew into tooth-filled mutants that bulge with red energy!

-

Calyx runs towards one of the bulging mutants and punches it into the distance.  As it's flying, it explodes into toothy shrapnel, far enough away not to hurt anyone!

-

Block provokes the Monster before it had exploded, and now all the little monsters are pissed at him!

--

16 5 19 18 17 11

Dia unleashes a vicious kick, cutting several of the remaining beasts to ribbons with Block's help!

-

Fresh cowers in the corner, making himself an irresistable target for the dumb monsters!

-

The bird devours the monsters that try to get near Fresh, leaving behind hot-dog scraps and a fatter obsidian bird.

-

VICTORY

Chili Horrordog Card
This card bears the image of a bulging, veiny hotdog, filled with glowing red fluid and covered with jagged teeth
Trial: Summon a Chilli Horrordog that tries to explode itself on nearby enemies!
Full: The user may transform once per combat into a new form once they have built up enough energy!
Apply: The user creates mana which turns food into high-explosives
-
100x Hot Dog Scraps: A pile of sweetened Hotdogs.  Mana applied to them becomes a highly mutagenic liquid that turns dead biomass into mutants!
-
Hotdog Fang: A long, jagged white tooth, made when a blast of magic mutated some of the hotdog flesh!  It's easily as tall as a person, and wickedly sharp.
-
10x Hotdog Jewel: A pink jewel made when magical explosive force pressurizes hot dogs.
-
10x Leftovers: A pile of bread, soggy with condiments and asphalt
-
Storm Circlet: A strange, enchanted circlet made of an unknown alloy.  It is inset with Topaz Jewels, and looks to be utterly broken.
-
Soul Orb: A sane soul orb.  Who knows how that got in there!