Any way to invert in-game colour theme?

Bennylava

Hey there.. modders!

As I've recently lost a lot of my eyesight and have developed problems with bright colours, they're quite blinding and as such I was wondering whether it was possible to invert the colour theme, i.e. have the menu and speech boxes be black background with white text rather than white background and black text, it would make it a lot easier and less stressful for my eyes.

Would that at all be possible?

And on a sidenote, I love the Reborn site's colour themes, haha.

Thanks for your time and I do hope it's okay to request a mod like this.

Edited by Siv
  • Upvote 1

Hi, sorry to hear about your problems with your vision. I don't know how to change the font colour unfortunately, but if it helps I could at least make the background somewhat grey so it's less bright for you. Unless the decrease in contrast would be a problem and make it harder for you to read?

It's actually much simpler than I expected... the only thing needed is to edit a few graphic files, changing the white rectangle to something else.
For example: put the files from

Windowskins.zip

into

[Reborn's folder]\Graphics\Windowskins

to invert the colors of the theme number 1 for dialogues.

(Obviously, you need to unzip them first)

(Also, don't forget to make a backup copy of the originals!)

(To change the messages in battles you need to edit battleCommand and battleMessage from [Reborn's folder]\Graphics\Pictures... you get it, just edit the files you want to and the game's scripts should take care of the rest)

Yeah it's really simple. I didn't realize that the font can actually still be read even on black background.

(But there is also white colored font in the game, so someone might know how to change it.)

I edited all files with a bright background in the Graphics-Pictures folder (Pokemon summarys, Bag menus, Battle windows, etc.).

Just download Waynolt's files and mine and everything should have a dark background.

Pictures.rar

I also included the original files as backups already since there are 31 separate files, so you don't have to make a backup.

In case the contrast in the Bag Menu and the Pokemon summarys isn't good, I also included a little brighter menus.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Edo
  • Upvote 1

On 12/15/2019 at 12:17 PM, Edo said:

Yeah it's really simple. I didn't realize that the font can actually still be read even on black background.

(But there is also white colored font in the game, so someone might know how to change it.)

I edited all files with a bright background in the Graphics-Pictures folder (Pokemon summarys, Bag menus, Battle windows, etc.).

Just download Waynolt's files and mine and everything should have a dark background.

Pictures.rar 176.6 kB · 1 download

I also included the original files as backups already since there are 31 separate files, so you don't have to make a backup.

In case the contrast in the Bag Menu and the Pokemon summarys isn't good, I also included a little brighter menus.

I hope this helps.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, Waynolt said:

It's actually much simpler than I expected... the only thing needed is to edit a few graphic files, changing the white rectangle to something else.

Windowskins.zip 1.07 kB · 1 download

into

(To change the messages in battles you need to edit battleCommand and battleMessage from [Reborn's folder]\Graphics\Pictures... you get it, just edit the files you want to and the game's scripts should take care of the rest)

You guys are awesome.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 12:17 PM, Edo said:

Pictures.rar 176.6 kB · 3 downloads

I hope this helps.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, Waynolt said:

Windowskins.zip 1.07 kB · 3 downloads

into

I hope you guys won't mind me tagging you both again, I just have one more question so I'm going to try to revive the thread.

Is it possible to edit the backgrounds in the computer boxes, where your mons are kept without having to change the wallpaper manually on each box in-game?

Is there an easier way to do it through the games code?

32 minutes ago, Siv said:

I hope you guys won't mind me tagging you both again, I just have one more question so I'm going to try to revive the thread.

Is it possible to edit the backgrounds in the computer boxes, where your mons are kept without having to change the wallpaper manually on each box in-game?

Is there an easier way to do it through the games code?

Yes, but why do you ask? I'm not sure what you want.

Do you want to change the designs? Or have only dark backgrounds?