Madame X' Identity Theory

Don't Contact Me, I Left

To start off who I think she might be? Not exactly the exact person she is but the identity and that is...

Spoiler

Xenadin's daughter. 

Why though? 

Spoiler

For one, when/if you beat her in Blacksteeple she says "I'm sorry Father". This implies that her father was important to her in one way or another and in Chapter 13, Erin and Melia learn about the old victims of the Miera Region shutdown.

And who do we learn/know about because of that? Freya, the presumable second time traveller alongside Kieran and Xenadin, the original Team Xen Leader. 

We don't know if Xenadin had any children but isn't it weird that there's two Team Xen's in the Rejuv timeline? Wouldn't it also be weird if Madame X had named her organization Xen without knowledge of the old Team Xen? This is the most important part of the theory that makes everything line up with each other. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my theory ideas!

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, lolokxd said:

To start off who I think she might be? Not exactly the exact person she is but the identity and that is...

Reveal hidden contents

Xenadin's daughter. 

Why though? 

Hide contents

For one, when/if you beat her in Blacksteeple she says "I'm sorry Father". This implies that her father was important to her in one way or another and in Chapter 13, Erin and Melia learn about the old victims of the Miera Region shutdown.

And who do we learn/know about because of that? Freya, the presumable second time traveller alongside Kieran and Xenadin, the original Team Xen Leader. 

We don't know if Xenadin had any children but isn't it weird that there's two Team Xen's in the Rejuv timeline? Wouldn't it also be weird if Madame X had named her organization Xen without knowledge of the old Team Xen? This is the most important part of the theory that makes everything line up with each other. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my theory ideas!

I think madamex might be tied to the player character moreso, I'm not saying madamex is the player that would be a bit out there and wouldn't make much sense in the story so far, but a sibling to the player I think isn't impossible with the growing mystery and intrigue surrounding the player and their potential family where we've gotten two I think? monologues and the complete shutdown after seeing (I'm assuming their old home) in the past near hiyoshi city and again after visiting zone zero we see seemingly what could be family or maybe just close friends of the player considering they were in that home that the player is resonating so much with?

Also I would like to point out a little more of what you said of defeating madamex at blacksteeple castle, currently in v12 I'm not sure if it was also in previous versions but if you manage to defeat her, you get different text other than her defeated text of "father forgive me", she goes on and says some... rather odd things for sure, "It seems you actually do have some ounce of power, that in of itself is shocking to me, I can't say I'm not pleased with this outcome. It was my fault for underestimating you both." Now why would she say that? "I can't say I'm not pleased with this outcome"? I can't think of a single reason having not knowing everything of what there is to know so far, but this line just seems weird to me if madamex wasn't already familiar with the player already in some type of way. She then proceeds to instead of taking out her sword as you're running to push you off the castle, she says this, "I was going to save this for a later date, but it looks like you've proven your worth. You can go ahead and run but I'll catch you." and seemingly shoots a blue beam out at the player and knocks them and Aleita off the castle, and then the normal events transpire other than 2 boxes of altered dialogue of just her saying she underestimated us again.

What that beam was or why she could only use it once is a mystery to me, this event is a mystery to me and madamex is a mystery to me still.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

I've been thinking about this since a few days, and to me, Madame X could be Anathea.

When you break her mask in v12, you can see she has black hair. I know the Anathea we met has blonde hair, but think about the report in Hiyoshi hospital. There it says Anathea has black hair, and is the mother of 4 children. 4 children who would be Melia, Erin (already stated they are sisters) Alice and Allen (these two clearly have a link with Melia and Erin considering the symbol the four of them made).

Madame X being Anathea would explain her presence in the intro of the game, why she complains about Vitus hurting Maria again and again and why she cares about her (the advice to keep hope). Madame X is a time traveler, since she had a time diamond and was familiar with the process of overtaking yourself when returning to your timeline. Maybe she is the Anathea of a different timeline, trying to fight Vitus ?

If she is Anathea, it would make sense how Team Xen was able to get Melia as a child. Tho I don't explain why she would have abandonned the three other.

Also, from what I read above, she could still be Xenadin's daughter. We don't know a thing about Anathea's past, except her relationship with Vitus and Maria, so why not