Some Crescent speculation.

Magus543

So i've been replaying the game, and it just occurred to me about a couple of ideas. First off, we know Crescent has a certain interest in us and knowledge of all the PCs. She also can visit us in the purgatory after we get burned in lava, and seems to imply we have amnesia and forgotten her and our life spending time with her in that cliffside house. We also know that her signature pokemon is a Gothitelle that likes to disobey her on occasion and has been seen operating on it's lonesome in a scene in Sheridan. Gothitelle know exactly when their trainer will die and cries after it learns this, which also is quite similar to Crescent and our connection, it's also stated that Gothithelle dislike conflict, and Crescent has all been about getting us to avoid conflict.

I've said this before, but Crescent has been giving off motherly aspects towards us in a psychotic and manipulative way, but still motherly. And her dialogue with Nancy implies Crescent has been controlling her and may have even created her. (This plot point still hasn't been explained). Now here's where i'm getting at, we know that Crescent also has a connection to Nim and Melia, along with similarities, I've covered Crescent and Nim's possible connection before, but Melia's i haven't. Back in the ask the rejuv devs event, i asked Zumi, the main artist for this game what exactly was Crescent wearing, and she replied it's similar to what Melia wore post black steeple but in Crescent colors. Now i didn't think of that detail at the time, but then i recalled Anathea used to have black hair and had a scar on her neck that's shaped like a keyhole. And that's when it clicked, WHAT IF ANATHEA IS CRESCENT? Or at least an alternate version of her or something considering the shenanigans going on in this game. Would that mean the MC and Melia are also siblings or something? Half-siblings? I ask the community, has Crescent been described as having a scar on her neck? This changes the context of their interactions with each other, recall Crescent took initiative and barged in the meeting with Spacea and Tiempa with Melia, and assuming Nim was working for Crescent at the time, helped set up the meeting. And how Melia mentioned her Ralts was given to her by Crescent. Her SHINY Ralts. ( Now the shiny Gothithelle is suddenly suspect.) 

But here's my other half of the theory, recall my idea that Crescent had some connection to Nim, Nim is also connected to the tribe Alexandra is part of, that tribe is descended from Nymieria. Nymeria knows us as Adrest. We get a flashback to this Adrest and possibly their mother, adopted or otherwise. Are we sure it's only the PC who has to worry about body jumping, changing identities, possession and reincarnation? This is an interesting connection. Let's also remember that the surfer duo who are time travelers know Crescent as Dahlia and have fought her before. The plot thickens.

• Like 1