Choices: Ep 18 Edition

Lucifer Morningstar

I've found that there have been several threads over the years designated for discussing the choices the game presents the player with but the most recent one is from 2017 and I felt this was simpler and cleaner than starting individual threads to inquire about a single choice which I've done about two or three times now. 

It would be helpful if there were a reference chart or list of them all one can refer to. 

My path so far:

- I DID NOT beg Fern. 
After watching Ttar play out that scene and also refuse to beg I Googled the outcome of agreeing and there was no way in hell I'd have handed my dignity to that bastard on a silver platter. 

- Found all Police Officers (BTW, I am quite curious as to what NOT finding them does to the scene at the old woman's house in the Lapis Ward in which the police officer gives you the Bike Voucher). 

- Lost to Solaris. I wanted to win but was ill prepared/considerate. I went in hoping to curse the fucker with my Banette but that didn't work out and I'd forgotten about my Quick Claw. I also didn't consider Perish Song or Destiny Bond nor did I have access to those moves at that point had I. I had the Kriketot from the little girl but Kriketune doesn't learn Perish Song until level 50 which was above the cap at the time.  

- Battled Connal at Yureyu ignorantly. I thought it would force you into the battle anyway, much the way refusing to give Mew's DNA to Roukra in Insurgence just loops the choice until you comply.

This made Belrose a bitch, Sirius at Yureyu is probably the easier route but I'm kinda glad I rescued Heather. 

- Went upstairs to stop Connal and got Laura kidnapped. I got the impression from my research that this yielded the most backstory. 

- DID NOT give the Ruby Ring to Adrienn. I didn't know them so had no reason to trust them.

- Sided with Rademous. I never trusted El/Elias from the moment he offered Bennett an Elite 4 position. He just met this kid AND watched him lose to one of his mother's challengers! Needless to say I wasn't surprised when he reveals that it was in exchange for Luna's whereabouts. 
I then felt something was off about that trash talking Gardevior. 
(This was when I did think of that Kriketot). 

- I told Bennett I wasn't leaving. By that point the dude is a serious creepo stalker, I don't trust him. 

- I read Titania's Dairy and told her as such. 

- I told Amaria the truth.
1. I barely know Titiana.
2. What she was doing was horrid.
3. I owed Amaria for saving my life back at Blacksteam Factory

4. According to my research there is no way to win with Titania. If you tell her you didn't read her diary she doesn't believe you regardless of whether not you actually did. 
Apparently the choice that subtracts the least relationship points is to NOT read the diary but say that you DID. That, however doesn't make any sense and I'm not comfortable lying nor would I ever for someone's favor. 

Now I'm currently at the Aya hostage situation. Sirius has demanded the Ruby Ring for her release and Saphira and Hardy start arguing over whether or not I should comply. 
Charlotte shows up angry after hearing Saphira admit that she would still choose the ring over her own sisters (or at least that's how it sounded at the moment, I somewhat expect more context later) and now is hypothetically asking me to choose between her and the ring. 

The fact that I could not find information on Google suggests that this one is just a matter of relationship points but I prefer to be sure. Plus I don't even know what relationship points do though I've read they're not too significant. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Charlotte is being Sarcastic in the bit. The Belrose sisters would indeed do the right thing for the greater good, even keeping the Ruby Ring against their own family. So pick your own choice and see how it plays off, the outcomes are the same.

Edited by logintomylife
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hamfam000 said:

Is it preferable to say no? I always assumed battling was the only real option 

As did I but this choice, in fact, changes certain events later in the game. 

Spoiler

If you said 'no', you're not looking for a fight in the conversation with Connal, you'll end up battling Sirius on the next floor. 
Battling Connal at Yureyu causes you to battle Sirius at Belrose Manor.
Battling Sirius at Yureyu will cause you to battle Connal at Belrose Manor. 
The Yureyu battle also decides the possible kidnap victims at Belrose Manor though that doesn't matter. Everyone is rescued regardless.

What is preferable is up to you. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

8 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Hide contents

If you said 'no', you're not looking for a fight in the conversation with Connal, you'll end up battling Sirius on the next floor. 
The Yureyu battle also decides the possible kidnap victims at Belrose Manor though that doesn't matter. Everyone is rescued regardless.

I mean, if you dont fight sigmund and choose to keep sigmund at bay, Sigmund gets hyper beamed through a wall and Saphira (yes, her) is kidnapped and you get backstory on Lin (!!!!!!!!) from Laura and points with Anna and Shade so y'know. Also some meteor grunts live.

• Like 1

Update:

I just refused Blake the Ruby Ring. 

1. He's a selfish, mercenary bastard like Fern and locked Heather up. 

2. My research seems to indicate that refusing him the ring is currently the only way to trigger the Shiny Charm event. 
Sorry Shelly but what Team Meteor can do with that ring is apocalyptic so I follow the Belrose philosophy, when an aggressor offers a negotiation, never acquiescence. 

2 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Update:

I just refused Blake the Ruby Ring. 

1. He's a selfish, mercenary bastard like Fern and locked Heather up. 

2. My research seems to indicate that refusing him the ring is currently the only way to trigger the Shiny Charm event. 
Sorry Shelly but what Team Meteor can do with that ring is apocalyptic so I follow the Belrose philosophy, when an aggressor offers a negotiation, never acquiescence. 

I think you can get the shiny charm later if you give Blake the ring, but am unsure.

10 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

I think you can get the shiny charm later if you give Blake the ring, but am unsure.

I'm unsure as well and it seems to be very gray area. 
My research suggested that the Shiny Charm quest was currently unavailable to those who give Blake the ring however is/was confirmed to become so later tough I could have misunderstood that. 
Additionally, this is coming from threads dating from around 2014-2017 so I don't know just how current that information still is. 

On 12/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, Verge Of Chaos said:

Hide contents

ah, didn't even know that! So it sound like you face both either way. Do you lose points with heather for saying no?

On 12/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, hamfam000 said:

Do you lose points with heather for saying no?

Yes, if you don't battle Connal at Yureyu it's:
-1 Cain, -1 Heather +1 Connal

There is a relationship points list here:

I am now a bit torn at the choice of whether or not to battle Taka at the Water Plant. 
I'm not actually there quite yet, I still have to solve a puzzle or two after defeating PULSE Swalot but have been researching the choice throughout the entire event. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm leaning more towards the Reshiram route because while he did free us from the Nuzleaf cage IF you don't beg Fern so part of me wants to help him, refusing apparently gives the choice of having him as a partner in a later event which in turn produces more backstory on the Meteor characters and a darker but arguably better outcome for Titania and Amaria. 
The one downfall is that Taka is killed down the line by Titania in a tragic case of mistaken identity (She thinks he's Lin). 

Plus you're not really getting out of a boss battle. You battle him either way, it's just later in Reshiram. 

I've also read that in Zekrom, where you DO battle him at the Water Plant enables him to run away and hide from Solaris rather than stand up for his beliefs and if that's the case I don't want to help him be a coward. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

That difference is currently the biggest game changer of the game, and it would boil down to your character valuing more ideals (I think, battling Taka to maintain his idea and his position in team meteor, which would allow another character to still believe in ideas which could be beautiful but fake) or truth (not battling Taka to make him face reality, that's when you end up finding him later, while making another character tragically face cold and harsh truth).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kithas said:

That difference is currently the biggest game changer of the game, and it would boil down to your character valuing more ideals (I think, battling Taka to maintain his idea and his position in team meteor, which would allow another character to still believe in ideas which could be beautiful but fake) or truth (not battling Taka to make him face reality, that's when you end up finding him later, while making another character tragically face cold and harsh truth. 

I very much like the way you've put it. 
Now my choice is 100% clear. I am a woman of truth. Reshiram it is. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 1:08 PM, Verge Of Chaos said:

Yes, if you don't battle Connal at Yureyu it's:
-1 Cain, -1 Heather +1 Connal

There is a relationship points list here:

I am now a bit torn at the choice of whether or not to battle Taka at the Water Plant. 
I'm not actually there quite yet, I still have to solve a puzzle or two after defeating PULSE Swalot but have been researching the choice throughout the entire event. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm leaning more towards the Reshiram route because while he did free us from the Nuzleaf cage IF you don't beg Fern so part of me wants to help him, refusing apparently gives the choice of having him as a partner in a later event which in turn produces more backstory on the Meteor characters and a darker but arguably better outcome for Titania and Amaria. 
The one downfall is that Taka is killed down the line by Titania in a tragic case of mistaken identity (She thinks he's Lin). 

Plus you're not really getting out of a boss battle. You battle him either way, it's just later in Reshiram. 

I've also read that in Zekrom, where you DO battle him at the Water Plant enables him to run away and hide from Solaris rather than stand up for his beliefs and if that's the case I don't want to help him be a coward. 

*Spoiler*!!!!!!

have you gotten to that point yet? curious wut u think. ive done both and currently think its better to battle Take at the water treatment plant because he survives to the end of episode 18. Dies other wise which freaks Luna out later on, she says hes supposed to be alive. maybe one thinks it better to be good to your friends at the cost of Takas life but I dunno what all these relationship points will even reward me with in episode 19.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:59 PM, hamfam000 said:

have you gotten to that point yet? curious wut u think. ive done both and currently think its better to battle Take at the water treatment plant because he survives to the end of episode 18. Dies other wise which freaks Luna out later on, she says hes supposed to be alive. maybe one thinks it better to be good to your friends at the cost of Takas life but I dunno what all these relationship points will even reward me with in episode 19.

When my research revealed it to be basically a choice between beautiful lies and cruel truths as a realist and believer in honesty, I chose cruel truths: the Reshiram route (refusing Taka the battle in the Water Treatment Center). 

I also based this decision on my findings that on this route you later get the option to partner with Taka which in turn gets you some Meteor backstory. I've already missed some backstory by doing the Sirius/Connal choices without enough knowledge of what they entail.  

Yes, I did also read that ultimately taking this route gets him killed and this did prompt extra consideration but I decided it was worth it. 

I DID NOT read about the Luna freak out. That almost makes me rethink it, ALMOST.

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

21 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

When my research revealed it to be basically a choice between beautiful lies and cruel truths. As a realist and believer in honesty, I chose cruel truths: the Reshiram route (refusing Taka the battle in the Water Treatment Center). 

I also based this decision on my findings that on this route you later get the option to partner with Taka which in turn gets you some Meteor backstory. I've already missed some backstory by doing the Sirius/Connal choices without enough knowledge of what they entail.  

Yes, I did also read that ultimately taking this route gets him killed and this did prompt extra consideration but I decided it was worth it. 

I DID NOT read about the Luna freak out. That almost makes me rethink it, ALMOST.

Ya I feel you, I don't believe there is a perfectly MORAL option. Makes me excited for episode 19 cause that's when we really see the ramifications for everything. thanks for your 2 cents partner.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:59 AM, hamfam000 said:

*Spoiler*!!!!!!

It freaks Ana out  not Luna, and she freaks out only if you failed to beat Solaris's Garchomp. If you won, she says sonething about the situation being fixable.

20 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

It freaks Ana out  not Luna, and she freaks out only if you failed to beat Solaris's Garchomp. If you won, she says sonething about the situation being fixable.

but I did beat it and she said he was the chosen one or something cryptic like that. been a while since ive played and just remember a little girl

My choices and reasons:

1. NOT begging to Fern (would NEVER do that to a jerk)
  2. Refused to fight Sigmund (because Heather was already paralyzed)
  3. Choose to stop Sigmund (he was potentially targeting the children and made sure to prevent putting more pain to them)
  4. Choose Radomus (I trust him more than Elias)
  5. Tell Amaria the truth (hoped to would at least understood that, but no)
  6. Refused to give Blake the Ruby Ring (same with the Fern choice)
  7. Battled Taka in WTC (wanted to help him with his cover up).
  8. Give Charlotte the Ruby Ring (think she had a plan to stall time and she is clever to a point)

On 1/17/2020 at 4:47 AM, Devilish said:

Well I did not beat Soloaris's Garchomp in the scripted loss battle. 
I'll let you know what happens but it might be a while. I just beat Devon Corp and am now trying to soft reset the Corrupted Pokeball Raltz shiny. 

I had my Jynx used Pain Split on his Garchomp (luckily I had the Focus Slash with me)...

I cannot imagine, how much of a heart attack I got during the Pyros Mountain Arc. Over 9000!!!!

R.I.P Kiki Mikael Argall😔