NickCrash

Come child. Tell me your sins. 

You might wish to learn a few things about how the world operates, and how you should behave, if you wish to be part of His legacy.

The kingdom of Heavens is open to all, as long as we accept Him in our hearts, and abide by His will. You have sinned, my child.

Love is the foundation of our church, but a variety of actions cannot be tolerated. You understand why I have summoned you here.

Lest you wish to be led to the Purgatory, lest you wish to force His hand, you will inform me of the wrongs you and your family have done.

Confess your sins, child, and the Lord will forgive you.

You must have heard the stories of witches and ghouls, people dragged from their houses and thrown into cold dungeons below the surface, left to endure the cold and hunger till they admit their sins. You probably have heard of tortures to extract confessions, or worse, public trials, in which the crowd forces the punishment, out of fear that God will smite them all, because of their sinful behavior; their inclination to deviate from the path He has drawn for them. Some of those stories were true, others exaggerated, a few were parts of a zealot's imagination, figments of an ideal world in which all difference is subjugated to needless violence, as long as there's no speck of "unholiness" around them.

This story, however, is going to become truth.

We will return to the Dark Ages, and tip them over on their heads. This time, the many will be the ones with the power, while the few, the inquisitory group, will be the ones striving for dominance.

I am happy to host the "Spanish Inquisition", a name so heavily linked to black spots in human history, because this format allows me to symbolically take a different stance. 

Consider the background, the pitch black pages of humanity, on which we'll rewrite with white ink. Digital ink. Peculiar, playful, perfect for what a mafia community enjoys.

So what do you say? Will you join me, as we make our white spot on a black surface? 

What is Mafia

Mafia is a social deduction game which requires analyzing, cooperation, and looking through lies. There are two main factions in a mafia game: the Uninformed Majority who have to find others of their kind while hunting for the mafia, the Informed Minority who have a private chat and plan there on how they should trick the town and whom they should kill.

At the beginning of the game, players receive a PM or a DM with their role and alignment.

There are two major phases in a Mafia game:

(1) The Day Phase – Typically lasts 48 hours
Players use this opportunity to discuss about several things, which may include the outcome of the previous phases, behavior of players, and flow of the game; the ultimate goal in the day phase is for the Town players to find the Evils slowly while Evils have to blend in carefully. Before the day ends, players must vote for a player whom they want to be eliminated on grounds of suspicion and the player receiving the most votes will be eliminated. 

(2) The Night Phase – Typically lasts 24 hours
The thread is considered “locked” at this point and players may not comment at all. Instead, players with night actions, special abilities related to their role, may use these to aid their faction. The Mafia also discusses in the private chat on whom to dispose of.

The game continues until win-cons have been met.

1. Town has eliminated all mafia
  2. Mafia have ensured Town cannot win

Rules and Important Info

01. Everyone must post twice per day, and submit an elimination vote.
02. Failure to do so results in a warning. Failure to do so twice, results in immediate modkill.
03. If you have a Night Action, you can decide to abstain. Failure to submit a NA will be received as an abstain.
04. The most voted person is lynched. In case of a tie, RNG will decide who is lynched.
05. Upon death, role and alignment are revealed.
06. Join the Discord server. https://discord.gg/4ge8kSz If the link is no longer working, send me a dm.
07. You are all sinners.

Factions

Town - Uninformed Majority

01. Retributionist - Once per game, you may revive 1 dead person.

02. Follower - Each night, you follow 1 other player and see whom they visited.

03. Herbalist - Each night, you may choose 1 other player to protect from harm.

04. Ghost - After your death, you may choose 1 player to roleblock each night.

05. Troublemaker - Once per game, you may stir up trouble, resulting in an extra lynch.

06. Chariot - Each night, you may pick 2 players to move around. All night actions targeted at one of them will be redirected towards the other, and vice versa.

07. Gossiper - Each day, you send me the name of a player with whom you'll share a chat the following night. Chats are disbanded minutes before phase change.

08. Trapper - Each night you may trap 1 player's house. The first person visiting after you is killed by the trap.

09. Shopkeeper - Your store holds valuable items. Each time you are visited, the visitor randomly takes one item. The items: microphone (turns player into 1-night loudmouth), duct tape (1-day silence), crystal ball (protects from 1-night attack), fortune cookie (learns the role of 1 person), pork chop (the jihad will be disgusted and leave you alone - usable once).

Appears as ghost to themselves. Appears as ghost upon death.

10. Oracle - If not visited during the night, they'll learn the role of 1 player

11. Creeper - Each night, you may visit someone and receive all system messages they did.

12. Scholar - Once per game, they can check a previous lynch and find out how many of the voters were town.

13. Runerigus - Everyone who visits them loses their ability for the 2 following nights.

Appears as ghost to themselves. Appears as ghost upon death.

Mafia - Informed Minority

01. Exorcist - Each night, chooses 1 dead person to eliminate. Their targets cannot be revived or use any abilities.

02. Swiss Guard - Once per game, they can kill someone without fear of failure.

03. Nuncio - Each night, chooses 1 person to silence during the following day.

04. Cardinal - Each night, picks 1 player and learns their role. Upon death, appears as the role of the last person visited.

Third Party - Infidels of different material

01. Jihad

Odd nights: Has to visit someone. Everyone visiting the same target (the target themselves included) will be attacked. 
Even nights: Has to stay at home. Everyone visiting the jihad will be attacked.

Wins alone or with Ghoul.

02. Ghoul

Each night, they can choose whether to hide behind someone or not.

If hidden, they receive all night actions directed at their target. All night actions directed at the ghoul will fail.

Wins with 1 alive and 1 dead person of their choice. Everyone else loses.

Write your name on a piece of paper, pay the heavenly tribute, and God will smile on you. Your soul can be saved.

PLAYER LIST

01. Nicki - Herbalist [Dead N0]

02. Newt - Troublemaker [Dead N1]

03. Drago - Gossiper [Dead N1]

04. Alistair

05. Arch

06. Aldo - Follower [Dead N0]

07. Bean

08. Lykos

09. Astra

10. Falirion - Exorcist [Dead N2]

11. Lía

12. Kiet

13. Sopheria

14. Boat

15. Anti Loser - Ghoul [Lynched D1]

16. Jace - Nuncio [Dead N1]

17. Candy - Trapper [Dead N1 - Revived D3]

18. Bok - Ghost [Lynched D2]

19. Amine - Creeper [Dead N2]

Jury

01. NickCrash

02. NanoCrash

03. ???

We start at N0. If we fail to meet 19 players after a while, some people might mysteriously go missing.

DAY ONE

Intolerance never fails to express itself in persecution.

The pope was happy with the news. The distance did not hinder their speed, and the word of God was spread in an instant, once again. An every-day miracle, so to speak. 

"As people believe in our power, our might will make right. Our choices will be judged only by Him. As he is omnipotent and omnipresent, He can be just. He can be fair.

He has allowed us to purge this land of infidels, and show the people His way", said the Cardinal from his seat, 3 meters above the publicum. He cares little for all of them, 

but he cares deeply for maintaining his position, his wealth, and his power. His hand reaches far, and it's only up to the masses to dictate for how long this will continue. 

As we enter the morning sermon, we notice 2 people missing. Their seats empty, but the priest goes on. 

The prayers have ended, and the people exited. The priest moved to the east, with a company of 8 men, in order to carry the coffins.

The first one to be buried was Nicki. She was beloved among the citizens of our small community. We all ran to her care, whenever something important or trivial happened.

And care she did! She made the remedies herself, catering to our very specific needs. Arch used to be a leper, but Nicki healed him. Aldo's foot was in terrible pain after years of alcohol and meat consumption, yet Nicki didn't shun his lavish lifestyle, and provided the treatment. She even cured Newt's headaches, by a method akin to lobotomy.

We found her at home, father Pedro said, with her guts protruding through her abdomen, both arms missing.

She will truly be missed.

The second coffin was Aldo's. He was a good lad, albeit a little curious. He always wanted to know who met with whom, who did what. However, proper journalism is not yet invented, I'm afraid. Aldo is merely considered a hoax hunter. They didn't specify what happend to him. The creepy pastor only mentioned how he might as well be Indian. That racist fuck never got along with Aldo, but to joke at a time like this is unacceptable. He also mentioned there was a note beside his body. "Recquisat in pace", it read.

I do hope his afterlife is more serene than his earthly one. 

PLAYER LIST

01. Nicki - Herbalist [Dead N0]

02. Newt

03. Drago

04. Alistair

05. Arch

06. Aldo - Follower [Dead N0]

07. Bean

08. Lykos

09. Astra

10. Falirion

11. Lía

12. Kiet

13. Sopheria

14. Boat

15. Anti Loser

16. Jace

17. Candy

18. Bok

19. Amine

Day 1 is upon us. You have 50 hours to discuss and vote to lynch someone. May god bless you all.

Hmm, we lost two good town roles. Nicki was silenced, i assume mafia did. i dont think they killed her, this could be the vigilante

it wouldnt make sense to silence and kill her. i believe they silenced her, and targetd Aldo for the kill, but the vigilante thought she was mafia and shot her

Oof, thats some big roles to lose N0.
Amine, thats some interesting info, if true, although it might tell a little much about yourself this early
additionally there isn't a vigi in this setup, so one of the deaths ran into either the trappers trap, or the jihad (who is a granny on even nights) unless i am overlooking a role

[Eliminate] Falirion

17 minutes ago, Falirion said:

Oof, thats some big roles to lose N0.
Amine, thats some interesting info, if true, although it might tell a little much about yourself this early
additionally there isn't a vigi in this setup, so one of the deaths ran into either the trappers trap, or the jihad (who is a granny on even nights) unless i am overlooking a role

image.png.4b45db4fb32cde31e5c7c034ebc38da5.png