Heat of the Battle against Valerie

TheVentusX

So I´m doing a Fire monorun and I am at my wits end against Valerie. I manage to one hit her Qwilfish, but as soon as she sends out her Floatzel my whole team is extinguished. After many retries which I can´t even count anymore I realized, that I need help, so please...anyone...help me to take her team to the dephts of hell 😈 (Cause I can´t take it anymore 😬)

My current team:

Kitsune (Delphox) Lvl. 40 Timid 

Psyshock

Light Screen

Mystical Fire

Fire Spin

Sloth (Camerupt) Lvl. 39 Serious

Flame Burst

Earth Power

Rock Slide

Amnesia

Nephthys (Talonflame) Lvl. 38 Jolly 

Peck

Agility

Flame Charge

Quick Attack

Feupatte (Pyroar) Lvl. 40 Serious

Endeavor

Headbutt

Noble Roar

Flamethrower

Fiery (Houndoom) Lvl. 40 Docile

Ember

Shadow Ball

Smog

Snarl

Hideyoshi (Pansear) Lvl. 34 Rash (Placeholder)

Fire Blast

Acrobatics

Bite

Lick

On my box:

Slugma Lvl. 21

Ponyta Lvl. 18

okay so:

1) try changing the field. coz that would stop the activation of floatzel's swift swim.

2)if you cant chnge the field then know that the field boosts electric type and water type moves base power by 1.5x. try getting coverage moves on your pokemon. thunder fang for houndoom,try searching other moves that you can get access to for other pokemon you have at this point of time.  and so floatzel's moves hit harder and he's damn faster than you in this field.

3) check if you can use sunny day+ solar beam combo coz your pokemon can take advantage of that but dont remember if you get the tm for solarbeam at the point hwere you at.

that i would suggest is change the field. or stack upon coverage moves.

2 hours ago, reaper. said:

okay so:

1) try changing the field. coz that would stop the activation of floatzel's swift swim.

2)if you cant chnge the field then know that the field boosts electric type and water type moves base power by 1.5x. try getting coverage moves on your pokemon. thunder fang for houndoom,try searching other moves that you can get access to for other pokemon you have at this point of time.  and so floatzel's moves hit harder and he's damn faster than you in this field.

3) check if you can use sunny day+ solar beam combo coz your pokemon can take advantage of that but dont remember if you get the tm for solarbeam at the point hwere you at.

that i would suggest is change the field. or stack upon coverage moves.

Normally I would have done it just like you said but the problem is, that none of my pokis can learn Sunny Day through normal means with the current levelcap and the tm isn´t available yet. Also Houndoom could only learn Thunder Fang through breeding (since move relearner is only available after 7th gym) and I can´t go back to sheridan village at this point of the game (even with the move available her Floatzel still outspeeds my Houndoom). And changing the field is also kinda impossible for my team, since they can´t learn any of the moves that can change the field.

On any other run I would use a tank , just kill the speedster with electricity or freeze the field, but with fire pokis it became really tricky.

Problem resolved. Just had to change Talonflames ability to flame body, so that Floatzel got burned and my Delphox could survive his Aqua Tail. One Psyshock and the weasel was dead. The rest of her team was piece of cake. Thanks anyway for your help reaper. 😉