Something to stop Roselia?

Silversixx

Hope this is the right spot for this.  So I just started Pokemon Reborn today and I have been having a blast, but I have hit a wall.  I am in the school fighting Fern and I can not for the life of me get her Roselia to die.  She keeps spamming Mega Drain over and over, and when I finally get her low on health she uses a super potion.  I'm pretty sure I have defeated every trainer that I can currently battle, and the highest wild pokemon that I can find are only level 16, making grinding a new pokemon to 25ish seem like a nightmare to deal with one pesky pokemon.  I always box my starter at the start of every pokemon game because I just dont like using them, so my team right now is a lv 24 Meowth, 22 Makuhita, 23 Teddiursa, 23 Delcatty, 21 Klink, and a 23 Pancham.  I have been looking for a fire type to kill Roselia but I havnt had any luck, and since there are no trainers left to battle i dont relish leveling him up on wild level 16 pokemon either.  Any advice?

3 minutes ago, Silversixx said:

Hope this is the right spot for this.  So I just started Pokemon Reborn today and I have been having a blast, but I have hit a wall.  I am in the school fighting Fern and I can not for the life of me get her Roselia to die.  She keeps spamming Mega Drain over and over, and when I finally get her low on health she uses a super potion.  I'm pretty sure I have defeated every trainer that I can currently battle, and the highest wild pokemon that I can find are only level 16, making grinding a new pokemon to 25ish seem like a nightmare to deal with one pesky pokemon.  I always box my starter at the start of every pokemon game because I just dont like using them, so my team right now is a lv 24 Meowth, 22 Makuhita, 23 Teddiursa, 23 Delcatty, 21 Klink, and a 23 Pancham.  I have been looking for a fire type to kill Roselia but I havnt had any luck, and since there are no trainers left to battle i dont relish leveling him up on wild level 16 pokemon either.  Any advice?

In the rain check by the train station

Also check under bridge in Peridot it can be panpur or sear

4 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

In the rain check by the train station

Also check under bridge in Peridot it can be panpur or sear

Is there a way to get it to rain or do i just have to wait?  Also where is the bridge in peridot?  im looking around but i only see the opal bridge 

15 minutes ago, Silversixx said:

Is there a way to get it to rain or do i just have to wait?  Also where is the bridge in peridot?  im looking around but i only see the opal bridge 

You can change your clock to leap ahead 8h. The weather report from the TV should give you a rough estimate when to jump ahead to alternatively if you don't feel like trying to do that there is a mod that allows you to manipulate the weather and when your done you can just delete said mod

It the opal ward bridge but it's under it, you access it from the lower Peridot ward though. Sorry for mixing that up a bit

PS sorry keep losing internet so responses might take awhile

Only way to change weather besides waiting it out is to either change the time/date on your computer or to download a mod that lets you set whatever weather you want.

If you go east right above Julia's gym in Peridot you can go under the Opal Bridge.

One of the buildings in Onyx Ward has a roof garden where wild Spearow can be found. Fearow is a pretty strong Flying Type at this point that should be a big help with Fern and the Gym.

1 hour ago, Starry Knight said:

You can change your clock to leap ahead 8h. The weather report from the TV should give you a rough estimate when to jump ahead to alternatively if you don't feel like trying to do that there is a mod that allows you to manipulate the weather and when your done you can just delete said mod

It the opal ward bridge but it's under it, you access it from the lower Peridot ward though. Sorry for mixing that up a bit

PS sorry keep losing internet so responses might take awhile

No problem i appreciate the help 🙂  when I am under the bridge do i just run across the train tracks for a pansear to appear? so far the only thing to pop up have been Noibat.  And if i do get it to rain, is there a specific part of the train tracks or just run up and down it anywhere?

Also I am guessing they will be super low level, any advice on getting them to 24ish with no trainers left, or do i have to grind hundreds of wild pokemon that are level 16 and below?

1 hour ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Only way to change weather besides waiting it out is to either change the time/date on your computer or to download a mod that lets you set whatever weather you want.

If you go east right above Julia's gym in Peridot you can go under the Opal Bridge.

One of the buildings in Onyx Ward has a roof garden where wild Spearow can be found. Fearow is a pretty strong Flying Type at this point that should be a big help with Fern and the Gym.

I've been running around Onyx ward looking for a place with a roof garden but I cant find it, do i have access to it before i beat the 2nd gym?

On 12/4/2019 at 2:00 AM, Starry Knight said:

@Silversixx

You know the little part with the street rat you fight is? A panpour OR a pansear will show up by the boxes it has to be raining though

The garden becomes available after you beat Fern regrettably

I reset the time on my computer like 5 times but i couldnt get it to rain, but i ended up catching a woobat and leveling it up and it beat Fern for me.  But Ferns sister kicked my butt afterwords.  So now I'm trying to figure out how I am going to get past her.

Edited by Silversixx

Hmm.. 
An ol' man ever said to me to "Take advantage of the field!" or "Manipulate the field!"
Don't walk in a path your opponent made for you, walk by your own. 

Did you know that Desert Field (the field of Florinia's gym) may increase Ground-type's Sp.Def by 50%?
You can use it as your own advantage. Eee.. maybe bringing a Ground-type is bad for this gym, but you can use Numel. It's ground and fire type.

Or, you can manipulate the field. Currently, the easiest way to manipulate or change to field is by using Castform.
Use Rain Dance then Sunny Day (or the opposite, but that will make Castform being a water type) will change the field to Rainbow Field for temporary, as long as the weather isn't faded. 
There's many effect of Rainbow Field.
But the most important now, in that moment, Castform can use its Fire-typed Weather Ball with 50% boost.
Isn't that cool? facing grasses using 50%-boosted 100-powered fire-typed Weather Ball.
Anyway, you can look for Castform by trading it on a girl in Obsidia who is looking for a Furret. And Furret can be obtained by evolving a Sentret that you can get in Obsidia Park.
Castform is very useful for many battle in the future, until 4th or even 7th gym battle.

Also, keep collect the Field Note. Field is an important thing in Reborn battle. You can achieve your win against almost anything if you can make strategy of the field.
Good Luck and enjoy your game!

1 hour ago, Kunisada said:

Hmm.. 
An ol' man ever said to me to "Take advantage of the field!" or "Manipulate the field!"
Don't walk in a path your opponent made for you, walk by your own. 

Did you know that Desert Field (the field of Florinia's gym) may increase Ground-type's Sp.Def by 50%?
You can use it as your own advantage. Eee.. maybe bringing a Ground-type is bad for this gym, but you can use Numel. It's ground and fire type.

Or, you can manipulate the field. Currently, the easiest way to manipulate or change to field is by using Castform.
Use Rain Dance then Sunny Day (or the opposite, but that will make Castform being a water type) will change the field to Rainbow Field for temporary, as long as the weather isn't faded. 
There's many effect of Rainbow Field.
But the most important now, in that moment, Castform can use its Fire-typed Weather Ball with 50% boost.
Isn't that cool? facing grasses using 50%-boosted 100-powered fire-typed Weather Ball.
Anyway, you can look for Castform by trading it on a girl in Obsidia who is looking for a Furret. And Furret can be obtained by evolving a Sentret that you can get in Obsidia Park.
Castform is very useful for many battle in the future, until 4th or even 7th gym battle.

Also, keep collect the Field Note. Field is an important thing in Reborn battle. You can achieve your win against almost anything if you can make strategy of the field.
Good Luck and enjoy your game!

From what I've been told Numel isnt available to catch until after you have the 2nd gym badge, the spreadsheet says that too.  Same is true for the Sentret/Furret required to trade for cast form.  Unless the spread sheet is wrong or I am missing something?  Otherwise I would have for sure went for both of those guys 🙂 

I have another recommendation for you. In the Lower Peridot Ward there is a house that leads to a "hidden" garden. There you can capture Caterpie. If you haven't been there yet, it's a house west of the train tracks leading north, and there is an old man you have to battle first to get access to the garden.

Trust me if i tell you that Butterfree is kind of a real live saver for the early game, and even pretty useful in mid to late game. Moves like Gust and Confusion to begin with, and later on things like Bug Buzz, Psychic and Air Slash. Also 3 Powder moves early on and Quiver Dance at higher level.

44 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Numel is available after Julia when it's raining. The spreadsheet says "Before Badge" so you probably got confused there.

Sentret can be found in Obisidia Park - that's where you fought the Pulse Tangrowth.

Ah yeah that did confuse me!  What does the before badge part mean then?  

I was able to evolve a furret and got my castform, and while I was leveling him up I caught my first shiny, a Buneary, so that was cool 😄 

I have had zero luck getting this game to rain, so as much as I'd like a Numel it just doesn't seem to be in the cards, and I don't really want to use mods.

Here is hoping with my new castform I'll be able to shake things up.

Update: I kicked her butt! 

I ended up trying it without using Castform first cuz I wasn't sure if he would stop obeying me if I leveled him to 25 to learn weatherball and was still able to pull it off.  I used Gulpin, Koffing, Makuhita, Woobat, Pancham and Klink and was able to beat her the first try with that team.  Loving Reborn!  Anyone who hasn't played Reborn hasn't played Pokemon, they have only played the tutorial 😄 Thanks guys!

Edited by Silversixx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Silversixx said:

Update: I kicked her butt! 

I ended up trying it without using Castform first cuz I wasn't sure if he would stop obeying me if I leveled him to 25 to learn weatherball and was still able to pull it off.  I used Gulpin, Koffing, Makuhita, Woobat, Pancham and Klink and was able to beat her the first try with that team.  Loving Reborn!  Anyone who hasn't played Reborn hasn't played Pokemon, they have only played the tutorial 😄 Thanks guys!

FYI; pokemon stop obeying you when they are 1 level past the level cap, so at 26,31,36 and so on.

Good luck with your non-starter playthrough! Really like the idea.