Which froakie should i use?

Rogue822

So i decided to start a new game with froakie instead of using torchic like i started on my first game since i played through rejuvenation with a torchic already. I soft reset and have 3 different saves i made with 3 different froakies and was wondering which i should use.

My first froakie is:

Male with Bashful and Protean

IVs are:

2 Hp

16 Attack

18 Defense

31 Sp. Attack

23 Sp. Defense

24 Speed

My second is:

Female with Naughty and Protean

21 HP

6 Attack

7 Defense

27 Sp. Attack

20 SP. Defense

28 Speed

my third is:

Female with Jolly and Protean

21 HP

25 Attack 

10 Defense

24 Sp. Attack

26 Sp. Defense

28 Speed

I'm leaning towards the third but i want to make sure i'm making the right choice. Another option is to keep going on my soft reset save until i get a better one if none of these are good enough. Thanks for any help you give. Also, if possible, any name ideas you come up with would be appreciated since i'm terrible at nicknames too.

Edited by Rogue822
  • Like 1

The first one is the one I'd go with.

Greninja is so naturally fast that even without perfect IVS or a positive nature; it can outspeed mostly everything.

Bashful, being neutral, is honestly better than Naughty and Jolly; Both of those natures actively hurt Greninja as the Attack buff from Naughty is pretty much irrelevant, and while Jolly raises Speed, lowering Sp. Atk is not worth it.

I'd go with the second one. while being locked into physical, there's a good number of good moves Gren can use. Plus with the eventual reaching of the Nature Changer you could change it to Timid or Hasty

I would go with the second one as well.

Greninja is meant to out speed and kill with stab attacks. And his level up moveset is not that great until later on.

But Frogadier gets smack down at 33 which is really helpful. So imo you need that attack boost early on in this game.

Later Greninja gets Extrasensory but tm dark pulse is quite late available as well so you could teach him night slash (with the move relearner) if necessary, otherwise at lvl 77 but idk if dark pulse is available by then.

So an increased attack is really not that bad just like his 95 base attack stat. And as @Wolfox said you'll eventually be able to change his nature when needed.

5 hours ago, Taska said:

1st one for sure, Jolly is a bad nature for Greninja and Naughty is worse than Jolly.

Nah Naughty isn't even that bad. Greninja's attack is only slightly worse than it's Special Attack, and there are mixed attacking Greninjas out there that run Naughty/Naive/Mild Natures(usually Naive, but still).  The issue with the Naughty nature is that this Froakie has a trashy Attack stat. 

The first Froakie doesn't get any boosts from it's nature which kinda sucks too, although the perfect Special Attack IV is really enticing. 

I'd probably say the third. -10% Special Attack hurts, but +10% Speed is nice, and you have a decent set of Physical moves to work with. You can still get some use out of Special Attacks even really, it just won't be absolutely amazing. 

3rd. Balanced stats. Will let it attack well at low levels. Very high stats (add them all together to get a total number). You can change natures to the optimal nature later. And physical greninja is eh later, so you can use physical early on, and then take advantage of special with those ivs.

Plus it's female so you can breed more with compatible pokemon - a team of greninjas xD.

Edited by Luna.