Aephiex's Ash-Greninja

Aephiex

Features

1. Introduced Ash Greninja to the game.

2. Since Ash-Greninja can't spawn naturally in the core series, there are some tweaks on this mechanic:

• There is a 1/16 chance that a wild/gift Froakie family pokemon is created with the ability Battle Bond.

• Froakie family pokemons with the ability Battle Bond CAN BREED and CAN BE FEMALE and the ability Battle Bond CAN BE INHERITED.

Hidden Features (only available in debug mode):

1. If you hold CTRL while obtaining a gift / encountering a wild Froakie family pokemon, it's guaranteed to be created with the ability Battle Bond.

Installation:

1. Unzip this rar and drag it into your game folder. Don't worry, it doesn't overwrite anything.

Uninstallation:

1. Head to the game folder and delete "/Data/mods/Aephiex's Ash-Greninja.rb". Pictures don't make sense.

2. Your existing Battle Bond Froakie family pokemons will have Torrent or Protean as their abilities, and if you install this mod again, they will once again have Battle Bond.

If you want to use Ash-Greninja in a save data where you already obtained your regular froakie, go to the debug menu and set it's form to 1.

The Ash-Greninja sprites are from pokemon showdown database.

Since Ash-Greninja doesn't even have Torrent until its final evolution, it's discussable that is Battle Bond more viable than Protean.

Aephiex's Ash-Greninja.rar

Edited by Aephiex
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Aura_Guardian said:

Its not working on my pc.

I tried changing my greninja's form to 1. But with no results

Form 1 is regular Greninja with the ability "Battle Bond" and 2 is the transformed Ash-Greninja.

"Battle Bond" is an ability that allows Greninja to transform into Ash-Greninja after knocking out an opposing pokemon (and revert to it's regular form after the battle ends). It doesn't make Greninja look different before it transforms and you shouldn't have the transformed form outside a battle.

Edited by Aephiex
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Aura_Guardian said:

I actually know about that ability

But is it necessary for the ability to show up on the pokemon summary

screenshoot.png.5e79fb74e069b8410087682075dd0a85.png

I believe it worked fine for me. Please check again if you have put the script in the correct folder.

Edited by Aephiex
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, Lost Swordsman said:

When I install this, the mod prevents the usage of moves like Fury Swipes and Magnitude (Though Magnitude works after error menu). Am I doing something wrong?

I didn't experience the same issue. It just worked. It seems like some compatibility issue.

On 12/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, Aura_Guardian said:

Can you give the path to install it plz

Drag the folder "Data" and "Graphics" into your game folder, not the folder "Aephiex's Ash-Greninja".

Edited by Aephiex
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 5:23 AM, Aephiex said:

I still can't confirm this issue. My greninja can use Icicle Spear successfully without any errors.

I get this error too, but only if the move hits more than twice. The error message says the stack level is too deep and then gives me the path to the rb file and displays this: 

in `pbBaseDamage@Aephiex_AshGreninja'. 

On 1/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, Aephiex said:

I still can't confirm this issue. My greninja can use Icicle Spear successfully without any errors.

You should test by creating a new Greninja-form 1. Save before first battle. Transform the Greninja through battle ( double wild pokemon or trainer battle). At this time, everything is OK, no error.   However, If we go back the save file,  any pokemons uses "water shuriken" or "Icicle Spear"...  which makes error. 

Edited by khoi0209

• 1 month later...

I’ve been trying to get a battle bond Froakie as a starter for hours. Ive soft reset over 300 times in both reborn and rejuvenation, I wanted one in rejuvenation but I couldn’t get one after 150 resets so I tried on reborn and couldn’t get one there as well. I know for a fact that I have the mod installed correctly. Is there a chance that the mod is broken or doesn’t work? Please help me. 

I downloaded the mod and successfully installed it but the sprites were off. The star on Gren's back doesn't exist unlike on SakshamG30's post. Is this intended and if I want the star I've gotta find my own sprites or have i done something wrong?

On 3/9/2020 at 4:33 PM, robinho said:

I downloaded the mod and successfully installed it but the sprites were off. The star on Gren's back doesn't exist unlike on SakshamG30's post. Is this intended and if I want the star I've gotta find my own sprites or have i done something wrong?

I customized some sprites I found online

658_2.png

658b_2.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, HelpMiiPlease said:

I’ve been trying to get a battle bond Froakie as a starter for hours. Ive soft reset over 300 times in both reborn and rejuvenation, I wanted one in rejuvenation but I couldn’t get one after 150 resets so I tried on reborn and couldn’t get one there as well. I know for a fact that I have the mod installed correctly. Is there a chance that the mod is broken or doesn’t work? Please help me. 

I had the same doubt, but i was using debug mode (sandbox) I pressed the control button very quick before receiving a mon from the pokemon generator NPC. Later I deleted debug mode. IDK if I can trade you one with the ability 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 1:04 AM, mephyst said:

Hello, I was wondering if the link is intentionally down and if someone could re-upload it?

the link is working perfectly fine for me, just click the included file at the bottom of the initial post and itll download