V13 New Team Members

Rising Emperor

With the release of Pokemon Sword and Shield, they are a new variety of new pokemon and galarian form that will no doubt be implemented into Version 13 of Rejuvenation. I was curious to ask what new pokemon you guys would add to your team? And would be your team for V13?

"I know! I'll use runerigus! If the Eviolite becomes available soon, G. Corsola might be a good choice as well. Ooh, or maybe dragapult- I could use a Psuedo!"

>Banette (now with Mega-Powered Action!) is on rotation

>Oricorio (Sensu-ational dance!) is on rotation

>Cofagrigus (The Crest practically blends right in!) is on rotation

>Silvally (Everythings possible at an RKS System near you!) is on rotation

"...Okay, maybe I don't need any more Ghost Types... 😅"

I am oddly lacking in Fairy and Ground Types at the moment (silvally notwisthstanding), so I might try out hatterene, G. Weezing, or alcremie (depending on how the Devs. handle a certain mechanic, of course). Zen Mode G. Darmanitan is an awesome pokemon to have cover my Ice slot of need be, of course. And that Ground deficiency I mentioned?

Well, I'll probably just train my shiny baltoy for that one. Whoops?

18 minutes ago, Crickzilla said:

My Bug Mono is earning three new Bug Types upon this update. Hope they'll be useful...

If nothing else, centiskorch should serve as a decent backup for volcarona in the upcoming Steel and Fairy Gyms. Frosmoth could potentially put in work against the Dragon Gym as well, depending on how Specially-oriented it winds up being.

Unfortunately, it seems we're bit too far into the game for orbeetle's offensive capabilities to be particular use at this point. At least it's still a niche as a Dual Screener that can also steal the field when needed? 🤔

I'd be genuinely concerned if terrain setters weren't kept for post-game. Maybe a more elegant solution could be to enable access to hidden abilities during post-game (for these specific mons at least, maybe even in general)

Terrain gimmicks are what keep fights interesting. Imagine fighting Souta or Adam without their terrains lmao, at least right now if you want to change terrains you need to waste some turns.

6 hours ago, Mionee said:

I'd be genuinely concerned if terrain setters weren't kept for post-game. Maybe a more elegant solution could be to enable access to hidden abilities during post-game (for these specific mons at least, maybe even in general)

Terrain gimmicks are what keep fights interesting. Imagine fighting Souta or Adam without their terrains lmao, at least right now if you want to change terrains you need to waste some turns.

they can set them for post game but the only one's that gonna be a problem is grookey line. 

8 hours ago, reaper. said:

they can set them for post game but the only one's that gonna be a problem is grookey line. 

I wouldn't even call the grookey line a problem- Grass didn't have a Starter that was anywhere near being on the same level as greninja, blaziken, and the unholy love child of the two (cinderace), so rillaboom finally allows the Type to be somewhat competitive far before the Crests become close to being available. Yes, it would probably make battles a little monotonous, but that's the price you pay for picking something that's known to be in the upper echelons of power in the first place, right? 

As for placement, the Terrain Setters (including non-starter grookey and evolution location for Galarian Weezing) would certainly be late game, but not relegated to post. Reborn has every non-Legendary pokemon available now, yet it's not even completed its last Gym yet. And that's not even touching the fact that Rejuvenation has been a little bit more generous regarding what pokemon you have access to than Reborn was to boot, so it wouldn't make any sense to chuck them right to the point where you might as well use the superior Tapus instead!

I mean, can anyone really say with a straight face that pincurchin is on the same level as goodra, garchomp, metagross, or hydreigon, all of which are pokes we already have access to? How about Mega Mawile and Mega Gardevoir, who's last ingredient to whom has been confirmed as being added in the next Version as part of the story

So my thought is that instead of sticking to the knee-jerk reaction to condemn these poor souls to cryostasis via Angie's Cold Truth. it would be nicer to instead brainstorm where they could be found. My thoughts line them up like this:

Spoiler

Grassy Surge (Non-Starter Rillaboom)- given that the most thematically appropriate locale is waaaay too early in the game for this guy, it'll likely be a Help Center reward. I personally suspect Neverwinter.

Electric Surge (Pincurchin)- they like cold waters, so Route 11 and the seas around Neverwinter make sense for them; most likely a rare spawn, but not an event.

Misty Surge (Galarian Weezing)- If Aevium's Dreamyard is anything like the one in Unova, then it'll already have a strong mist theme thanks to the local musharna population, so the clean weezing variant would fit right in!

Psychic Surge (Indeedee)- This one's a bit on the tricky side, since it thematically fits in with the Darchlight Woods (especially the area around the Manor), but that is pretty early in comparison to the others. The only other place I can think of so far would be the Voidal Chasm, but that feels like a bit of a stretch. Maybe the courtyard in Goomidra...?

Naturally, the above is just speculation at this point, so take it with a grain of salt in that regard. Regardless, I still feel that it's far too early to kick them out of the running quite yet.

• Administrators

Okay so! 

The instant Lena (my fairy mono character) saw Galarian Ponyta she fell in love with it, so. She's definitely getting one of those. And if possible, I want her to train up a Galarian Weezing and a Grimmsnarl- both for coverage and because the mental image of her petite, excitable self walking around with a giant gremlin and a posh gas cloud as pets is hilarious. 

Oh wow, Never knew this topic would blow up like. Might as well give my opinion on my new team members.

Cinderace - Just love it design and have a rocking hidden ability

G-Darmanitan - I blame ttar for getting me addictied to this bad boy

Dragapult/Grimmsnarl - Both are my absolute favorite designs in the entire game

Toxictricity - what can I say, love me a rockstar

Blastiose - Got to get in on that shell smash action 

Mr.Rhyme/Indeedee- Both are incredicle gonna be hard to pick between the two

On 12/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, Autumn Zephyr said:

I mean, can anyone really say with a straight face that pincurchin is on the same level as goodra, garchomp, metagross, or hydreigon, all of which are pokes we already have access to?

In a regular pokemon metagame? Of course not (although, debatable, pincurchin is actually lowkey good lol). In a game such a Rejuv pincurchin would be absolutely bonkers, yes. I would always want terrain setters on my teams regardless of their power levels, and yes i'd rather have a pincurchin over a garchomp in many many battles. It's just way too disruptive for AI strategies, completely blocks most of their seed usage, would make most of their movepools which are tailored to abuse fields a lot worse, etc.

I think the abilities should be kept to post-game, not the mons themselves. They might be balanced in a regular pokemon metagame but they certainly are not given the importance of terrains in games like Reborn or Rejuv. It's the same reason you'd almost never use moves like Grassy Terrain/Electric Terrain/etc in regular games, but in Rejuv it's not exactly unusual to keep those moves around. Even end-game 'minibosses' can be completely destroyed by a single mon on the correct terrain, as a matter of fact Gogoat with Grassy Terrain/Bulk Up/Horn Leech totally destroys the kingdra battle 1v6 for example and there are many similar battles that would be completely trivialized if you could setup electric terrain or whatever for free.

It goes way, way beyond just having a speed boost blaziken or w/e OP mon. Adapting to fields and/or finding ways to change them into fields more suitable for your team is, imo, the bulk of the fun of battles in rejuv compared to regular pokemon games, and adding the ability to just negate fields for free in every single battle would destroy that.

4 hours ago, Mionee said:

In a regular pokemon metagame? Of course not (although, debatable, pincurchin is actually lowkey good lol). In a game such a Rejuv pincurchin would be absolutely bonkers, yes. I would always want terrain setters on my teams regardless of their power levels, and yes i'd rather have a pincurchin over a garchomp in many many battles. It's just way too disruptive for AI strategies, completely blocks most of their seed usage, would make most of their movepools which are tailored to abuse fields a lot worse, etc.

I think the abilities should be kept to post-game, not the mons themselves. They might be balanced in a regular pokemon metagame but they certainly are not given the importance of terrains in games like Reborn or Rejuv. It's the same reason you'd almost never use moves like Grassy Terrain/Electric Terrain/etc in regular games, but in Rejuv it's not exactly unusual to keep those moves around. Even end-game 'minibosses' can be completely destroyed by a single mon on the correct terrain, as a matter of fact Gogoat with Grassy Terrain/Bulk Up/Horn Leech totally destroys the kingdra battle 1v6 for example and there are many similar battles that would be completely trivialized if you could setup electric terrain or whatever for free.

It goes way, way beyond just having a speed boost blaziken or w/e OP mon. Adapting to fields and/or finding ways to change them into fields more suitable for your team is, imo, the bulk of the fun of battles in rejuv compared to regular pokemon games, and adding the ability to just negate fields for free in every single battle would destroy that.

I think you might be missing my point here. A huge part of the appeal of these games is that you don't have to stress about obscure methods and wild guessing to have access to a pokemon's HA- even if said HA is actually a core part of the pokemon's identity *cough, cough, darmanitan*- you can just have them right then and there. By declaring that the Abilities are to be banned, you're basically condemning all of the pokemon that have said Abilities to the far reaches of the endgame. But you can't quite do that, because one of the pokemon is contractually obligated be available right out the gate,  so instead you're stuck forcing the Devs. to completely redo the system. If you're hardcoding certain "broken" Abilities to never crop up, you might as well do so for all of the problem children, no? And bidoof had just gotten nerfed in the mainline games already as it is!

Given how ridiculously extreme both of the above scenarios wind up playing out, I stand by my belief that the most elegant way is to just make the pokemon lategame and tough to get. We're already playing in a realm where Alolan muk is handed to us on a silver platter, ledian can wreck against all odds, and claydol can spam boosted Hyper and Solar Beams without repercussion, so they'll really just fit right in with Rejuvenation's incredible levels of mechanical jank. And about the starter grookey? A certain highly-feared Gym Leader just got a bunch of shiny new toys designed specifically to try and give the Ice Type a fighting chance, so I think Grass is going to need every bit of help it can get!

But this really isn't the right thread for this discussion, and I feel we've clogged it enough. The most reasonable thing to do now is to agree to disagree and let those who control such things work out the details. On the bright side, people who wanted to try and use indeedee (it's literally the only one of the four I hadn't specifically referred to yet 😅) now have a better idea of what they might be up against, right?

9 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

claydol can spam boosted Hyper and Solar Beams without repercussion,

wait so calydol (i am asumeing through its crest) doesn't have to recharge after using a hyper beam and doesn't have to use 1 turn to charge for solar beam?

On topic Dracofish will be amazing to use if i could get my hands on the fossils necessary to get it.

2 hours ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

wait so calydol (i am asumeing through its crest) doesn't have to recharge after using a hyper beam and doesn't have to use 1 turn to charge for solar beam?

On topic Dracofish will be amazing to use if i could get my hands on the fossils necessary to get it.

That's exactly right! Frankly, I feel like the claydol Crest is the most involved of the bunch, considering just how much it affects.

I'm not exactly sure if I'm remembering right (I haven't personally bothered with them myself), but aren't all of the older fossilmons already available in Rejuvenation? I don't imagine that there'd be too much of a delay toward getting the frankenfossils once those come online, so dracovish should be an available option by then. I still can't quite get over how ridiculously powerful that one turned out to be, TBH... 😅

12 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I think you might be missing my point here. A huge part of the appeal of these games is that you don't have to stress about obscure methods and wild guessing to have access to a pokemon's HA- even if said HA is actually a core part of the pokemon's identity *cough, cough, darmanitan*- you can just have them right then and there. By declaring that the Abilities are to be banned, you're basically condemning all of the pokemon that have said Abilities to the far reaches of the endgame. But you can't quite do that, because one of the pokemon is contractually obligated be available right out the gate,  so instead you're stuck forcing the Devs. to completely redo the system. If you're hardcoding certain "broken" Abilities to never crop up, you might as well do so for all of the problem children, no? And bidoof had just gotten nerfed in the mainline games already as it is!

Given how ridiculously extreme both of the above scenarios wind up playing out, I stand by my belief that the most elegant way is to just make the pokemon lategame and tough to get. We're already playing in a realm where Alolan muk is handed to us on a silver platter, ledian can wreck against all odds, and claydol can spam boosted Hyper and Solar Beams without repercussion, so they'll really just fit right in with Rejuvenation's incredible levels of mechanical jank. And about the starter grookey? A certain highly-feared Gym Leader just got a bunch of shiny new toys designed specifically to try and give the Ice Type a fighting chance, so I think Grass is going to need every bit of help it can get!

But this really isn't the right thread for this discussion, and I feel we've clogged it enough. The most reasonable thing to do now is to agree to disagree and let those who control such things work out the details. On the bright side, people who wanted to try and use indeedee (it's literally the only one of the four I hadn't specifically referred to yet 😅) now have a better idea of what they might be up against, right?

A bit out of the loop here, what happened to ice types?