Mafia Mafia Mafia [The End]

Newt

2 minutes ago, cicada said:

No.

If you get special treatment, we should be able to get it, too!

If you call me your overlord and become my minion in my plots to cause chaos then I’ll let you sleep in the missile storage room if my bunker

BANG!

Everyone hears the shot, and as you turn around, you see Bean's body, falling to the ground. In the distance, you see a figure running. Unfortunately, you didn't have time to see who was the shooter. Say bye bye to Bean!

Bean died! He was Bean.

Spoiler

Bean, you are so random, I couldn’t choose an ability for you. That’s why I've decided that you will be the one to choose. Or kind of. Once in the game, during the night, you may choose the ability of a dead player, and you will have the stolen ability for yourself! This does not count as visiting, and your stolen ability isn’t revealed upon death.

Losers List:

1. Arch

2. Nicki

3. Drago

4. Falirion

5. Alistair [Killed N1]

6. Lía

7. Aldo [Killed N1]

8. Bok

9. Nano

10. Amber

11. Astra

12. Kiet - The Leader [Elected D1]

13. Bean [Shot D2]

14. Amine

15. Bazaro

16. Caimie   > Sopheria

17. LykosHand

18. NickCrash

19. Candy

20. Mimi

4 minutes ago, Bok Choi said:

Let's lock Nano in that bunker. He can have all the fun he wants in there ifyouknowwhatimean
[Eliminate] Nano

Just now, Falirion said:

Well a 2nd kill... who kills people, sounds like nano to me, mind talking?
[Eliminate] Nano
for pressure

neither if you get my guns then, a shame since they have a 70% to backfire

1 minute ago, Nano4 said:

70% to backfire, that sounds ridicolous tbh, but fine gun exists kiet shot gun, (if you are saying the truth it bordes on a miracle he didn't die though)

well there is the nano roleclaim i guess thats what i wanted to hear... you not claiming early struck me as odd, reminded me off D&D mafia (and still does)
[Unvote] Nano
for now anyway

Just now, Falirion said:

70% to backfire, that sounds ridicolous tbh, but fine gun exists kiet shot gun, (if you are saying the truth it bordes on a miracle he didn't die though)

well there is the nano roleclaim i guess thats what i wanted to hear... you not claiming early struck me as odd, reminded me off D&D mafia (and still does)
[Unvote] Nano
for now anyway

My description says I like shooting guns and making things dangerous so I added extra gunpowder that made them back fire more

honestly I’m angry I can’t shoot one myself, everyone else gets the joy of shooting guns but me 😡

2 minutes ago, Nano4 said:

Okay that explains why i had to roll for my shot, if that gun i shot was actually yours.

Also that high backfire rate is insane the heck.

I had to roll 2 times:
- 1d10 - Probably to see if the gun backfires or not?

- 1d2 - Probably to see if the shooter gets revealed or not?

As it was stated in the post from Newt i didn't get revealed as shooter (even though i officially told you that i am shooting lmao)

Also i really wanted to shoot Bean. I feel some satisfaction doing it ngl.

Wow Kiet got lucky since it didn't backfire to him and with that 70% lol. Now i wonder which alignment could have had bean, ali and aldo. I really hope that one of them was mafia at least, if they were all town well...we didn't start this day well at all

Now guys let's not do random bandwagons, we have to be careful on we vote in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Wow Kiet got lucky since it didn't backfire to him and with that 70% lol. Now i wonder which alignment could have had bean, ali and aldo. I really hope that one of them was mafia at least, if they were all town well...we didn't start this day well at all

Now guys let's not do random bandwagons, we have to be careful on we vote in my opinion.

Lykos if anything I would think you would get a godfather role but there’s bigger spaghetti to marinate

I believe Bazaro is a cult leader type role so [eliminate] bazaro

Edited by Nano4

• Global Mods

If we're struggling for leads, we can force a tie in lynch because, according to the rules, no one will get lynched. I would advise against this for future day phases, but I don't think it's a bad idea for early day phases.

I would like to know what alignment those three were, too. Best case scenario is that only one of them was town and the other two were mafia or third party.

This game is a bit hard considering our roles can be of any alignment, so forming random bandwagons, or randovoting, will not help us whatsoever. Especially since the alignment does not get revealed upon death.

I'm a bit suspicious of Amine right now, if I'm honest. I didn't like his seemingly out-of-the-blue claim. There was no need for him to reveal that. I won't go over and over the same thing, but I'm not sure if I can trust him.

4 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

it wasn't random, as already said his behaviour reminded me of D&D mafia, so i wanted to see what he would do if voted for. well given gun and his claim i will let it go for now (even though technically it doesn't confirm either way)

well on the other hand, any ideas what might have happened tonight? ali and aldo died meaning we have at least on more role that can kill, actively
the question is which of those was the mafia kill, and why did aldo die anyway, he doesn't strike me as an early target for either alignment, so maybe he died using his ability?

It said Aldo was the “demon slayer but there are no demons out there so instead he can visit someone and protect them whilst fighting the attacker,” a Bodyguard role. I think maybe someone attacked Aldo's target and Aldo successfully protected them, but he dies in their place.

Also Ali's role description says he's “the uncle of mafia” does this mean he's mafia 👀

And why did someone shoot Bean? I know he's pretty random but maybe,,, why? his randomness was p funny and his role seemed exciting too, what a waste i guess.  Did our mayor, who just received a gun, kill one of his subjects!? After all, Bean wanted him gone or smth like that

Kiet also said:

3 hours ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

FIRST OF ALL DOWN WITH THE FOOL.

I have received a gun, it might be fake, but i mean yolo.

does this also add up to my last paragraph in my message before!? Kiet killed Bean! Evil mayor! Gamethrower!

Also, back again with Ali,,, If he was town, then maybe the mafia are going first with the veterans? I think??

Hmm... this game is hard than I thought. No alignment reveal means who don't know who killed who. Aldo's role said he fights back against the attacker but he dies if he lost the duel so maybe that's what happen to him. Or maybe he was killed by someone attacking him directly. However, whether or not this is a good thing or not is up in the air. Aldo's and Ali's role could have been helpful if they were town but could have easily not been town. With the possibility of there being five different parties, I'd say it's almost a coin flip for who flips town. I'm imagining 4 maf, 2 3rd party, 1 4th part and 1 5th party but that's if there's 5 groups in the game. I think I'm ranting too much here so I'll end this thought saying if there isn't a cult, I'll be surprised. 

Aside from my slight ranting, Amine is either lucky he didn't die or is not town because for him to survive like that after revealing a potential doc role is strange. Aldo did have bodyguard like role so maybe there are more protective roles out there but only Newt knows for sure. Keep an eye on Amine and see what happens. Nano getting a supplier role is unexpected and I would suspect him and Kiet for being together but considering the backfire rate, that's probably not that likely. As for Kiet, he's not setting up a good example of being leader. Killing someone is one thing but gambling too. Future leaders for the Asian Alliance, learn from Kiet's leadership and do better than him when he dies retires.

I'm not entirely opposed to the killing of bean because he's one of those players that can get away without saying much and is hard to read reliably but at the same time I can't help to look at the dead list and wonder what have we learned. 

You are making a big deal out of the Bean kill.

Try to get into Kiet's, and Newt's mind. 

Bean had caused Kiet's early death in the last 2 games, and Kiet was looking for some personal revenge. Besides, he doesn't care about appearing like a gamethrower.

The question is, why would Nano enable him.

Nano's role makes sense. Newt knows Nano enjoys firing guns, so he's punishing him by making him incapable of doing so.

With the high backfire rate (which is the only thing I doubt a bit), he's indirectly responsible for people's demise, given they take a big risk.

There's a lot of metagaming going on, but I'm working with what I have.

As for the 3,4,5th parties.

We all suspect there is a cult, because it's Newt hosting the game. Therefore we should try to think like him and find out potential Cult Leaders.

Looking at the player list, I can only give 3 people chances of leading a cult (without that excluding the others, of course)

1. Kiet

He does have a fixation with the "Asian Alliance", so I wouldn't put it past Newt to turn this into a cult.

Then again, it's a bit suspicious how fast he was voted up as Mayor. I'd like to see him claim a role.

Given Bean has been an Amnesiac-role, the chances for Kiet being a Jester or part of a mafia faction (so that he's not N0'd) have risen.

2. Amber

He's notorious for having been a cult leader in 3(?) games so far.

When he hosted "Wonderland Mafia" he included quite a powerful cult in it. Naturally that mustn't have missed Newt's gaze.

3. Bazaro

He's there because he has hosted "Cult Wars". 

Because of his performance in Dive's big game as "The Root Network" I think he has more or less an investigative role. 

Had he been a treestump again, he would have turned N1.

The alignment isn't shown and the tides can turn very fast in favor of maf, if town doesn't get organized. 

The usual method of Maf+TP having around 1/3 - 1/4 of the positions in the player list, works for open setups and games where reveals actually mean something.

There, I'd expect 4 organized mafs + 1 (either not in the chat or mastermind)

In this game, town has a big handicap. Therefore, Quinn wouldn't let Newt get away with such a setup.

Sidenote

Remember that the game has to be approved upon submission. Hence, the roles he'd use were already submitted with a few ideas in mind.
So don't be too weary that your role might not fit you perfectly. You're working with what Newt could be allowed to provide, in order not to mess it all up.

Based on the number of players and the promise of multiple TPs, I'd wager the "organized informed minority" faction [aka mafia] is 3 people maximum.

That leaves room for 2-3 more TPs, bringing the total number of evils to 5-6. 

If we are to believe there's actually a 5th party (and it's not just Newt messing with us), it's going to be 3-1-1-1 imo.

1 is definitely hostile, 1 is going to have it's own wincon, 1 is evil/could be cult

hii everyone 😄

On 11/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, Chickens said:

Blanket will gamethrowe

Believe me

I will make him die tonight

[UNVOTE] BLANKET

[VOTE]FALIRION

[UNELECT] USELESS BLANKET

[ELECT] CANDY

bean said he would kill kiet 😶 so maybe aldo died because he protected kiet?

4 minutes ago, Sopheria said:

hii everyone 😄

bean said he would kill kiet 😶 so maybe aldo died because he protected kiet?

bean kinda says something along those lines every game (at least in the past few i was a part of), also bean wouldn't have been able to attack anyone, unless he was the mafia killer, given his role

i personally find it very difficult to derive anything resembling sense from bean's utterances so yeah idk, we can file it under possibiliies i guess

so let's see:
1: Mafia nightkilled ali or aldo, and a killing role of some kind killed the other one
  1.5: same as above but with aldo's protection target beeing the 2nd target  and aldo losing the dice roll
2: One of them was the mafia killer that ran into a granny or the like, and the other was killed by a killing role
3 (aka Wtf is this game): there were more nightkills but they were protected

thats the 2 (and a half) possibilities a can think of right now, if it is 2 i'd like the relevant Granny role to claim as mafia would know who you are and we would know if a mafia died (as neither people that died tonight can kill with their role) and we could work from there

as for the kiet shooting that gun, i am unsure but given beans behaviour towards kiet i can see why kiet would pick bean, as for shooting a gun that you don't know is real or fake.... i don't know but that play seems like it could be in character for kiet, but i remain sceptical