Event Pokemon only

ThyMajicConch

So I'm sure I'm not the first person who had this idea but I have successfully completed the current version (V12) with ONLY event Pokemon (Shadows, Pokemon you get from quests, ones you find outside of the tall grass, ones you need gourmet treats for, and eggs you find). Shinies cannot be used unless they were one of the listed types of Pokemon (Got a shiny Misdreavus and Growlithe which was cool). It is definitely worth playing the game like this, it feels like you're taking in lost Pokemon and turning them into a fighting force to be reckoned with. Trust me, this definitely makes the game more entertaining and I'm considering doing it in Reborn soon. (Though that one might not go as smoothly)

21 hours ago, ThyMajicConch said:

So I'm sure I'm not the first person who had this idea but I have successfully completed the current version (V12) with ONLY event Pokemon (Shadows, Pokemon you get from quests, ones you find outside of the tall grass, ones you need gourmet treats for, and eggs you find). Shinies cannot be used unless they were one of the listed types of Pokemon (Got a shiny Misdreavus and Growlithe which was cool). It is definitely worth playing the game like this, it feels like you're taking in lost Pokemon and turning them into a fighting force to be reckoned with. Trust me, this definitely makes the game more entertaining and I'm considering doing it in Reborn soon. (Though that one might not go as smoothly)

Does the starter count as an event Pokemon for the purpose of this challenge?

2 hours ago, gryson said:

what was you're team?

Currently catching the ones that I missed and training the ones that I never really used in case I need them so my team is kinda mixed right now. Though the Pokemon I liked to use through the playthrough include

Blaziken (Speed boost)

Lycanrock (Dusk)

Empoleon

Zoroark

Sylveon

and Electivire

I am thinking of swapping out some of the team and testing out new combinations though. Like I'm considering switching out Zoroark with my Weavile so I have an ice type on my team and I'm thinking of switching out my Empoleon with Swampert so I won't have to worry about electric types.

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2019 at 5:51 AM, RedWolf705 said:

Does the starter count as an event Pokemon for the purpose of this challenge?

Yes it does because you do not get it how you would get any other Pokemon.

I only used Pokemon that you could get from

Trades

Wild Pokemon found outside of tall grass that require treats and don't require treats

SIdequest Pokemon

Pokemon you get as gifts

Shadow Pokemon

and Pokemon from Eggs

So basically I use any Pokemon that you don't get conventionally (Tall grass, fishing, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...