Gen VII now

SuperNova

As I mentioned in my reintroduction I am now playing Pokemon after a long time and I now am playing UM as want to give this game a chance despite it being one of the reasons I quited playing. So I am now Legendary Hunting, and afterwards I am thinking of building a proper team, but are people playing gen VII now that SWSH released or is it old news, and what stuff can I do as I have forgotten half of what I can do online and Offline. Thanks in advance. 

People still play Ultra Sun/Moon, and will likely continue to play it as long as online services remain up(as far as I know). 

The festival plaza is the online hub for a lot of activities in the the gen 7 games. From there you have the battle spot(which as of gen 6 singles are 3v3, but you have a team preview showing 6 mons, doubles is of course vgc style, 2v2 with 4 mons on each side and a full team preview of 6), the usual GTS for trading and so forth. The plaza has some nice things, but it's usually easier to get them with the help of other players. There's dye shops for dying your clothing different colors, there's a shop that lets you buy levels for your pokemon(even though in the ultra versions it's very easy to chain Chansey for exp) and even a shop that people manipulate for bottle caps so they can max out a pokemon's IV if it's level 100. 

There's also minigames for gaining the plaza points, which are kinda grindy, I wouldn't really call them fun. And in the ultra versions there is the battle agency, which is sort of a fun battling minigame where having friends that are higher level in the agency helps a lot. If you get to rank 30 in the agency you can get some sick shades. 

I think you can also tag team the battle tree with a friend if you want? I don't remember. That's only for doubles.

Aside from that, I don't remember what else there is.