Starter Pokémon in e19

gilam

Do you think that in e19 the starter moons need to change? Or you love the idea of all starter from 7 generations?

i love to see a change in this format. 

Like a moon for every Type

It not must be the strongest moon but something that will represent the tipe good enough for Pokémon reborn. 

I think you have a point, but starters are usually more than "a mon from each type": Not only are they from specific elemental types, but their evolution line and power curve usually lets trainers use them for a long amount of time, longest than, for example, a Butterfree who could be left obsolete once you need actual power, without being a Noibat, Larvesta or Litwick, evolution lines who stay too weak for too many levels to make them useful on early game. 

I think it could be cool to include other pokémon as starters, but it can't be just anyone.

(also you could always take debug mode or other mods to just give yourself the starter you want)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crystalrage said:

My bad 😞

I didn't know of it.

Really? That's been on topic ever since Gen 8 was announced. And it was clearly stated by Ame and Cass in the official EP19 topic multiple times, since people kept asking and asking. But i can tell you that Rejuvenation will have Gen 8. Maybe you just got that mixed up a little?

Edited by ShogokiX

No worries, things like that happen^^

But to be honest, i don't see why people would want the Sword and Shield games. The new Mons might turn out to be nice, but Dynamax/Gigantamax is just a knockoff for Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, and the fact that they cut down the dex to 400 Mons is just....let's just say it's not cool....

Although, if Rejuvenation takes just the new Mons, but none of the BS like Dynamax/Gigantamax, i might even give these new Mons a try....

47 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

No worries, things like that happen^^

But to be honest, i don't see why people would want the Sword and Shield games. The new Mons might turn out to be nice, but Dynamax/Gigantamax is just a knockoff for Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, and the fact that they cut down the dex to 400 Mons is just....let's just say it's not cool....

Although, if Rejuvenation takes just the new Mons, but none of the BS like Dynamax/Gigantamax, i might even give these new Mons a try....

That's what Reju does, yes.

2 hours ago, kithas said:

I think you have a point, but starters are usually more than "a mon from each type": Not only are they from specific elemental types, but their evolution line and power curve usually lets trainers use them for a long amount of time, longest than, for example, a Butterfree who could be left obsolete once you need actual power, without being a Noibat, Larvesta or Litwick, evolution lines who stay too weak for too many levels to make them useful on early game. 

I think it could be cool to include other pokémon as starters, but it can't be just anyone.

(also you could always take debug mode or other mods to just give yourself the starter you want)

u can put 5-10 starter but all are useful. it's better then now that player's pick's 2-3 from grass 2-3 from fire 2-3 from water and all all the others

are kinda useless.

If Rejuvenation is going to add Generation 8 content, wouldn't it be fairly simple to add them into Reborn's programming after the fact? The game wouldn't need to be rebalanced to include them necessarily, just allow people to cheat them into their team if they want, or request them from someone else if they can't cheat them in themselves? I guess the one thing that might potentially need work would be TMs and whatnot.

On 11/19/2019 at 3:43 PM, ty_taurus said:

If Rejuvenation is going to add Generation 8 content, wouldn't it be fairly simple to add them into Reborn's programming after the fact? The game wouldn't need to be rebalanced to include them necessarily, just allow people to cheat them into their team if they want, or request them from someone else if they can't cheat them in themselves? I guess the one thing that might potentially need work would be TMs and whatnot.

I'm no developer , but I think just programming them into the game (adjusting not only species but also abilities, moves, and the like) would difficult enough even without including them in a normal playthrough, difficult enough so Reborn's team don't want to pile such a difficult task in addition to everything they have to do (post-game and everything). 

So I think the most probable way you're going to see Gen 8's mons in Reborn will be if someone else takes it upon themselves to make a ginormous amount of work for a mod. 

On 11/23/2019 at 11:14 AM, kithas said:

I'm no developer , but I think just programming them into the game (adjusting not only species but also abilities, moves, and the like) would difficult enough even without including them in a normal playthrough, difficult enough so Reborn's team don't want to pile such a difficult task in addition to everything they have to do (post-game and everything). 

So I think the most probable way you're going to see Gen 8's mons in Reborn will be if someone else takes it upon themselves to make a ginormous amount of work for a mod. 

From what I've seen, it looks like both Reborn and Rejuvenation are built the same, or almost the same. Rejuvenation was basically built out of Reborn once upon a time, and you can use their files interchangeably to a degree. If you were to copy the code for Rejuvenation and put it into Reborn, most things would run smoothly, and the amount of work needed is actually pretty small in that regard, I would believe. You'd just be adopting only certain parts of code, which is already broken up for you in RPG maker. The biggest issue, I think, would come from however Rejuvenation handles the rebalanced combat elements like new TMs/TRs, and removed moves.

If Rejuvenation plans on adopting all of Sword and Shield's battle changes, that would make a direct transfer of data tricky for Reborn because Reborn would still be designed to operate with Gen 7 mechanics in mind. TM 57 in Gen 7 is Charge Beam--what Julia hands us. But if we swap to Gen 8 rules, that becomes Payback, which would be weird for Julia to give the player. This means that a simple adopting of Rejuvenation's code would mean we also need to change around the locations of TMs, adding in TRs in place of tutors or something, and changing opposing teams to match this. It's not massive grocery list, but it's a time consuming task to be sure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 6:24 AM, gilam said:

Do you think that in e19 the starter moons need to change? Or you love the idea of all starter from 7 generations?

i love to see a change in this format. 

Like a moon for every Type

It not must be the strongest moon but something that will represent the tipe good enough for Pokémon reborn. 

Considering that, with the passwords feature, you will be able to do monotype runs, it won't be necessary. And there's still the starter mod, so i don't see why they would do that. Lore wise, starter pokemon are sparse, and they keep telling you that during the game, like the sidequest in the Grand Hall with the starter's eggs, for example