Any suggestions for my Pokemon Team?

enderowl

I was wondering if I should make any changes to my current pokemon team, but I don't know which pokemon I should get place in my PC and which pokemon that I should use.

My current team is:

Infernape

Feraligatr

Flygon

Venusaur

Silvally

Tyranitar

I feel, in my opinion, you could do better than Feraligator for water type coverage. Greninja would work great but if you want a more physically defensive water type maybe Swampert or Milotic. Also Venesaur is my favorite pokemon but it there are better Grass types out there like Roserade for an offensive purposes and Amoonguss for defensive. For your team Id go with Amoonguss, but if you are set on keeping Venesaur the mega stone is super easy to get.

Also way to represent Flygon!

Edited by hamfam000

I wouldn't be so quick to discount feraligatr, actually- it does have a Crest, after all. With that equipped, the feraligatr will gain the benefits of the Strong Jaw Ability (so, a 50% power boost to its Crunch and Ice Fang attacks) and makes it so the first attack it uses every time its switched in gets +1 Priority. In conjunction with its natural access to Sheer Force, it'll be able to hit hard and fast should you want to keep it on your team. If you do feel the need to swap it out, though, Hamfam's milotic and swampert are good suggestions, as is empoleon with its own Crest (combining Defiant and Power Trip with the effects of Simple is kinda silly). That, and greninja isn't even available to a pre-existing game file yet anyway. 🤷‍♀️

Aside from that potential shift... there's not really a whole lot I can think of to help? You have the FWG team core in play, and (presumably) little in the way of Type overlaps. We're getting the Mega Z-Ring next Version, so Venusaur will get a buff then, tyranitar becomes a solid support tank with the Sand Stream+ Aerinite Wall combo, infernape just wrecks face like nobody's business (we don't have quite have access to enough of its support movepool to make use of its Crest yet, anyway), flygon works well as a setup sweeper (especially after tyranitar has set up), and silvally does well as a Parting Shot support bot while we wait for its Crest to be made available for us.

I would recommend getting and training up some other pokemon to use on rotation, though- the battles are only gonna get tougher from here on out, so having more options to work with should come across a foe that's too good at dismantling your current team. Silvally's Type versatility does help a little bit, true, but it's typically better to be safe than sorry.

1 hour ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I wouldn't be so quick to discount feraligatr, actually- it does have a Crest, after all. With that equipped, the feraligatr will gain the benefits of the Strong Jaw Ability (so, a 50% power boost to its Crunch and Ice Fang attacks) and makes it so the first attack it uses every time its switched in gets +1 Priority. In conjunction with its natural access to Sheer Force, it'll be able to hit hard and fast should you want to keep it on your team. If you do feel the need to swap it out, though, Hamfam's milotic and swampert are good suggestions, as is empoleon with its own Crest (combining Defiant and Power Trip with the effects of Simple is kinda silly). That, and greninja isn't even available to a pre-existing game file yet anyway. 🤷‍♀️

Aside from that potential shift... there's not really a whole lot I can think of to help? You have the FWG team core in play, and (presumably) little in the way of Type overlaps. We're getting the Mega Z-Ring next Version, so Venusaur will get a buff then, tyranitar becomes a solid support tank with the Sand Stream+ Aerinite Wall combo, infernape just wrecks face like nobody's business (we don't have quite have access to enough of its support movepool to make use of its Crest yet, anyway), flygon works well as a setup sweeper (especially after tyranitar has set up), and silvally does well as a Parting Shot support bot while we wait for its Crest to be made available for us.

I would recommend getting and training up some other pokemon to use on rotation, though- the battles are only gonna get tougher from here on out, so having more options to work with should come across a foe that's too good at dismantling your current team. Silvally's Type versatility does help a little bit, true, but it's typically better to be safe than sorry.

thought this was reborn so disregard what I said about Venesaur and the mega...also Autumn clearly knows more about the subject so listen to them