Alistair

Night Five

It was the final stretch. The storyteller's voice had become raspy, tired by his lengthy speech. He would not stop there, however, oh no. All things must end in due time, and there is no better time to end a story than when your entire audience is on the edge of their seats. Even the sleepy and now frightened little halfling, who had tried to run off.

The fifth day went by in a blur. The proper course of action was obvious to everyone. Falirion had assassinated Aldo; for this, he had to pay. Stared down by four pairs of unforgiving eyes, cornered and defeated, Falirion burst into laughter. "Hehehe... hahaha... HAHAHAHA! Yes, it was I, FALI! I was an adventurer all along. And it was oh so easy to get away with it until this damn crystal ball broke, kukuku... Well then, you know what to do. Shall we?"

He needed not ask twice. The others seized him, slammed his head against the same block of wood that was used for Amber's execution, and the deed was done. Falirion would not stop smiling until the very end.

He was indeed revealed to be one of the village's foes. Now only four characters remained. Only one of them was guilty.

Falirion was lynched. He was the Mafia Warlock, which you are already familiar with. Amusingly, this is the first time you manage to lynch scum since the beginning of this journey.

Your votes to reveal a role resulted in a tie, thus nothing is revealed. This is also a first.

Night Five begins. Like the previous one, I may end it early if all NAs are sent to me in advance. Good luck, citizens.

1. Aldo, The Second Artificer [Killed N4]

2. Amber, The Ranger [Lynched D4]

3. Amine, The Sorcerer [Lynched D2]

4. Seal, The Druid [Killed N4]

5. Nicki, The Artificer [Shot D2]

6. Bok, The Monk

7. Astra, The Blood Hunter [Killed N1]

8. Fali, The Warlock [Lynched D5]

9. Nano

10. Lykos, The Cleric [Killed N3]

11. Evi

12. Drago, The Fighter [Lynched D3]

13. Bean, The Barbarian [Executed D1]

14. Arch, The Bard [Died from his Wound N2]

15. Lía, The Vanilla NPC [Killed N2]

16. Newt

17. Kiet, The Paladin [Killed N3]

18. Bazaro, The Dungeon Master [Died from his Wound N3]

8 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Falirion was lynched. He was the Mafia Warlock, which you are already familiar with. Amusingly, this is the first time you manage to lynch scum since the beginning of this journey.

You've done well fellow murderers. 

You have all managed to postpone lynching scum till the last possible moment.

The SUPREME Mayor is pleased with your tributes.

For that, I praise you all.

Send more corpses my way and I will lay an egg and dirty the blanket!!!

Day Six

You all know this is the end, don't you? At last, the final day is upon us. This storyteller's work is almost done, and so is yours. Let's get right to the point, shall we~

Four souls went to sleep at the end of the fifth day. Or rather, they pretended to. At least two of them had different plans for the night.

Like before, the vengeful villager strode along the mine's narrow corridors, looking for his next prey. There weren't many possibilities left, but the burden of choice was not diminished. Eventually, he settled his sights on one who had not yet earned his trust.

The would-be killer sneaked up on his target, silent as an owl's flight. His sword arm rose... and fell. There was no sound. No scream. No blood. The assailant retreated, disgruntled. He had just learned the hard way that he could not stab that which had lost all physicality.

In another section of the mine, a fast and fleeting silhouette leaned over the sleeping body of an innocent. He, on the other hand, did not miss the mark. Eviora was found lifeless in the morning, the last nightly casualty of this horrific tale.

Eviora died. She was the Town Rogue.

Spoiler

The Rogue

Thievery, extorsion, murder… Rogues are infamous for their ability to remorselessly indulge in these prohibited activities. Regardless, not all rogues are evil! Almost all of them are edgy, though.

Sleight of Hand. You can visit any one player at night and attempt to steal an item from them. You are informed if your target does not have any items. You cannot target the same player twice in a row.

Day Six begins and is the final phase of this game. It will end as soon as an agreement is reached by all three remaining players.

6. Bok, The Monk

9. Nano

11. Evi, The Rogue [Killed N5]

16. Newt

Well played Nano. I really did think it was Evi at the end there. Leaving the townie that can't vote alive is something I'm sure you were counting on. That way, worst case scenario, you still have a 50/50 rng chance of winning. 

I don't see why Newt would turn against you now after you helped him so much so I guess all there's left is for you to push the lynch on me

I was hoping you would shoot Evi, since I thought she maf. Apparently she isn't.
I can't die at night. I kept that secret in the hopes mafia would target me, but since Nano was so heavily townread, I now see there was no reason for him to attack me when I am much more suspicious than Evi.
I also believed if I revealed your kill would fail against me, you would only want to shoot me more. Either way, whether you'd have shot Evi or me, it seems we would still be in this situation.

Make the right decision Newt. We have a chance, albeit a slim one

Just now, Nano4 said:

Didn’t bok claim only his role was revealed and he didn’t become immune?

Yes. On the other hand... You would benefit much more with Eviora's death than Bok.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Bok Choi said:

My action officially reveals me as Monk (which is kind of a moot point now), but renders myself unable to vote (elimination or revealing).

On 11/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, Bok Choi said:

No, I can still be killed. Because this doesn't reveal my alignment so not like using it will confirm me as town.

I found his quotes 

WHY WHY WHY WHY

WHY DID NANO WANT TO REVEAL CLERIC TO GIVE THEM MORE POWER

WHY DID BOK LIE ABOUT HIS ROLE

WHY DID I NOT RECEIVE A GUN

You know what? It's not fair to carry all the game on my back. 

[Eliminate] Nano

@Nano4 vote Bok, not yourself.

The dice god will decide our fate.

Just now, Newt said:

WHY WHY WHY WHY

WHY DID NANO WANT TO REVEAL CLERIC TO GIVE THEM MORE POWER

WHY DID BOK LIE ABOUT HIS ROLE

WHY DID I NOT RECEIVE A GUN

You know what? It's not fair to carry all the game on my back. 

[Eliminate] Nano

@Nano4 vote Bok, not yourself.

The dice god will decide our fate.

Fine then, but if the dice god will decide the game...

THEN IM GOING ALL IN FOR THIS MAFIA VICTORY

[eliminate] newt

ALL HAIL THE DICE GOD

DAY SIX - END

All three of the survivors faced off, locked into a bitter struggle.

There was Bok, the Monk. He had managed to survive last night, despite being attacked by his own fellow villager, for he had previously chosen to become Ethereal. This state, although a blessing at night, was a curse during the day. He could not contribute to the fight for Sunnyvale and was doomed to be a mere spectator. I wonder... would things have been different, had his role been revealed on the fifth day?

There was Newt, the Second Blood Hunter. He had started as a humble man, without special powers of any kind. Then when he saw his friends and fellow countrymen fall before his eyes, he mustered the resolve to pick up the fallen Astra's weapons and became the living incarnation of vengeance. While he did make some mistakes, in the end he was the bastion that stood between light and dark.

There was Nano, the Wizard. He, as you may have figured now, was the last adventurer. His friends were gone, defeated, yet he stood, unbroken and undiscovered until today. Gaining the trust of a few villagers? Child's play. Burning Lía to a crisp with his Fireball spell? An amusing sport. Stabbing Eviora to death in her sleep? Merely the latest of his misdeeds. Was he really about to prevail alone...?

"You can do it, Newt! End this now! The Gods assist you!" Bok, powerless to change what would happen, cheered his ally on. Newt unsheathed his rapier and shrouded it in flames thanks to the power of forbidden blood arts.

In front of him, Nano the Wizard merely laughed, waving his wand leisurely. "Gods, men, hunters and random chance... I've already survived them all. I am ready for whatever is coming."

His opponent snarled. "Let's fucking end this."

Newt lunged blade first, trying to strike Nano down in a single fell swoop, but the Wizard was ready. He was, in fact, quicker. His wand's tip traced a circle in the air, combined with the utterance of arcane commands. Just as Newt's blade was about to connect, the weapon suddenly flew from his grasp, landing too far to be reached. Losing balance, the Blood Hunter dropped to one knee.

"Now..." Nano's voice was more menacing than ever. "Say hello to Lía for me." A chromatic orb of flames formed in front of him. Exulting, Nano launched it at his foe--

Saved by a last-second, animalistic reaction, Newt ducked and rolled out of the way. The orb missed and crashed into the stone wall behind him, scorching it. In the same, fluid movement, the Blood Hunter rose and pulled a hand-crossbow from under his cloak. As soon as Nano saw the device pointed at him, he understood.

"Say hello to all the dead yourself." Newt pulled the trigger.

Minutes later, two silhouettes emerged from Sunnyvale's mines. Having returned to the tangible realm, Bok helped Newt out of the half-crumbled exit. Both hesitantly walked down the village's main road. Sunnyvale was but a ghost town, now. Its habitants had prevailed, defeating the adventurers once and for all, but at what cost...?

Only time will tell whether the village would ever recover from this tragedy.

"This concludes my tale, little ones." Gandiet leaned back in his armchair, visibly tired. "Go to bed now. I need some rest."

Impressed by the story's final developments, the children nodded wordlessly. That night, a few little halflings did not sleep all that well, suddenly aware that even in a quiet and happy little village, a malevolent few could bring gloom and doom to the benevolent many.

Nano was lynched. He was the Mafia Wizard and the last remaining evil. His role is already known to you.

TOWN WINS! Congratulations to the victors and thank you all for playing this game of Dungeons & Mafia. I hope you enjoyed it.

6. Bok, The Monk [SURVIVED]

9. Nano, The Wizard [Lynched D6]

11. Evi, The Rogue [Killed N5]

16. Newt, The Second Blood Hunter [SURVIVED]

• Upvote 6

That was a very interesting read.

Great game Alex! Host again soon!
As for the rest of you... well played, I guess. 

Nicki died for nothing.

Newt's awesome.

Were I juror, I'd give Nano points for being the good kind of Bean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well this game was definetly exiting until the last minute, particularly after N3
also is there an award for the worst fakeclaim that still worked? because i request that one

interesting setup, i will say, that "hidden" Mastermind smh

Also Newt MVP to honor his lost sanity, and because mafia had to play around him the entire game through our own fault admittedly

Edited by Falirion

I have to say this game was very fun to play and watch and the end, my god all that pressure xD. Congratulations to town 😄 and i agree Newt should be the MVP because it wasn't easy at all to decide who to eliminate and to understand who's mafia and who isn't, mostly with that pressure on him 

Gg to everyone ^^

It's tough to determine a single MVP because let's be honest, a bunch of you had glorious and bad moments lol. But also many of you stood out in their own ways.

I'd say MVP still goes to Newt because at the end of the day he literally saved town by picking up BH. He's responsible for defeating 60% of the evil roles and had decent reads overall.

My Honorable mentions go to:

- Nano for surviving until the end thanks to the massive towncred he accumulated, losing only to a RNG clutch.

- Fali for coordinating the efforts of the mafia team, being very involved and eventually sacrificing himself to preserve Nano's chances.

- Aldo for bamboozling everyone about his role as early as D1. Just for the glory of satan. I like that.

- Baz for doing what he could and lasting through a good half of the game with his MM role, despite having terrible luck.

And ofc, big thanks to everyone for making this game what it was!

• Thanks 3

• Global Mods

*Also a big honourable mention to Nicki for trying to help town and getting shot point blank in the face by the person she gave the gun to. 👀

Incredible game, thanks for playing lads! Also thanks for hosting such a fun game. It was fun seeing everything after dying, hehe.

• Sad 1