Pokemon Sword + Shield Leaks & Datamines Thread

lilyawaka

Spoiler

From what I read you apparently still can transfer in Pokemon with "culled" moves, but the game will be like "this guy has a move you can't use in this game, you should replace it!"  So I guess that means you have the option to still keep the move, and if you try to use it in battle you'll get "but it failed!" because the devs didn't bother to code it into the game?  Is this Nintendo's Fallout 76?  The embarrassment never ends?

At least Primarina and supposedly Alolan Ninetales actually are in the game

51 minutes ago, Eagleby18 said:
  Hide contents

From what I read you apparently still can transfer in Pokemon with "culled" moves, but the game will be like "this guy has a move you can't use in this game, you should replace it!"  So I guess that means you have the option to still keep the move, and if you try to use it in battle you'll get "but it failed!" because the devs didn't bother to code it into the game?  Is this Nintendo's Fallout 76?  The embarrassment never ends?

At least Primarina and supposedly Alolan Ninetales actually are in the game

Spoiler

I would not go that far with that.... Honestly all this negativity has it been mentally draining for me...

While I hope this problem won't happened in the future games, I just wish this nightmare will end...

Alright guyz massive news.Hidden abilities of starters from data mine.Link for new abilities.

Spoiler

Rillaboom(grass) - grass surge (Jesus Christ)

Cinderace( fire ) - Libero (Apparently it has same effect as protean) If I had to guess it gives you stab on all moves without changing your type.Damn you Cinderace,scoring outta nowhere.Edit:Its basically protean.WTF!Mahn its probably going to dethrone greninja as the 2nd most op starter with a better bulk and movepool.Signature fire move got 120bp.Egg moves include High jump kick and sucker punch(HOLY!),tm moves low sweep,low kick,uturn,gunk shot,acrobatics and bulk up.Also zen headbutt and iron head according to some gameplay pictures.I mean wtf,wat the actual f.Its official guyz gamefreak secretly hates greninja.

Intelleon (Water ) - Sniper (You have got to be kidding me.Poor Intelleon R.I.P )

Looks like both rillaboom and scorbunny are going to overused with intelleon crying in the underused tier.Damn!

Link for all 8th gen pokemon stats and abilities.

Edited by SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!

1 hour ago, 0ddman said:

I feel guilty for wanting to enjoy the games, I still see some value in them, even with all the controversy

I know what you mean and I want to enjoy the games, too. And it is not like that I will not be happy about them when they come out. For me the problems aren´t the games themselves, but that we got the full truth about some things like the Pokedex disaster or the out cut moves not from Gamefreak themselves. When I buy a game from a well-known  and long living franchise like Pokemon, I want to know beforehand how big the difference to the past games is and not AFTER I bought the game (okay we got to know about it through leaks, but you should all know what I mean). If GF told us some things beforehand I would still buy the game/s since I would know what to expect and I could adapt to it. 

So in the end all I want to say is, that I´m kind of glad that I know what to expect from the games through the leaks and I think I will enjoy them, but the way GF handled the infos is just sad.

There is a thread in the Smogon forums showing off all the data dumps from Sword and Shield.

Some notable changes in Movesets from already existing Pokemon include:

Spoiler

- Blastoise line now learns Shell Smash through lvl up (!!!);

- Lucario learns Meteor Mash through lvl up instead of it being an Egg Move;

- Gengar and Hydreigon can now learn Nasty Plot (!!!);

- Gyarados now learns Power Whip;

- Arcanine line can now learn Play Rough and Psychic Fangs;

- An insane amount of lines can now learn Close Combat, including: Aegislash; Braviary; Haxorus; Incineroar; Golisopod; Bewear; Solgaleo; Crawdaunt and Escavalier;

- Cinccino gets Play Rough;

- Incineroar, Marshadow, Zeraora, Charizard get Blaze Kick;

- Strangely enough, despite its treatment from Game Freak, Charizard doesn't get any major boosts, even though it's (probably) the final boss of Sword/Shield. It now learns Hurricane, Heat Crash, and Blaze Kick, and... that's basically it.

In terms of changes in stats and already existing moves, there isn't that much:

Spoiler

- Multi-Attack is now 120 base power;

- King's Shield now lowers Attack by one stage instead of two;

- Rapid-Spin is now 50 base power, and raises Speed by one stage;

- Aegislash got a slight nerf in its base stats: now it's 140 in Defense and Special Defense instead of 150.

8 hours ago, iDunno said:

Hide contents

My favourite pokemon is finally viable. Do we need anything else??

Just now, iDunno said:

There is a thread in the Smogon forums showing off all the data dumps from Sword and Shield.

Some notable changes in Movesets from already existing Pokemon include:

Hide contents

- Blastoise line now learns Shell Smash through lvl up (!!!);

- Lucario learns Meteor Mash through lvl up instead of it being an Egg Move;

- Gengar and Hydreigon can now learn Nasty Plot (!!!);

- Gyarados now learns Power Whip;

- Arcanine line can now learn Play Rough and Psychic Fangs;

- An insane amount of lines can now learn Close Combat, including: Aegislash; Braviary; Haxorus; Incineroar; Golisopod; Bewear; Solgaleo; Crawdaunt and Escavalier;

- Cinccino gets Play Rough;

- Incineroar, Marshadow, Zeraora, Charizard get Blaze Kick;

- Strangely enough, despite its treatment from Game Freak, Charizard doesn't get any major boosts, even though it's (probably) the final boss of Sword/Shield. It now learns Hurricane, Heat Crash, and Blaze Kick, and... that's basically it.

Hide contents

- King's Shield now lowers Attack by one stage instead of two;

- Rapid-Spin is now 50 base power, and raises Speed by one stage;

- Aegislash got a slight nerf in its base stats: now it's 140 in Defense and Special Defense instead of 150.

Spoiler

Was going to post these myself 😛 .But Damn Blastoise finally viable!Goddamn Gengar gets nasty plot man.Mega gengar is already banned in smogon.Not sure what happens now.Hydreigon though not my favourite but many gonna like this.Aegislash with close combat,you have got to be kiddin me.Haxorus!.Solgaleo 🤣.Charizard gets blaze kick lawl.Hilarious.Holy Moly Silvally now quite viable.Rapid spin!Blastoise!Aegislash nerf!why!They made it broken now its there fault.They cant just nerf pokemons especially after this long.King's shield nerf is good though.It was quite broken.

OH NO GUYS One of the pokemons go nerfed so bad.Thats it guys I am done with this crap

Spoiler

Aegislash shield stance

50 140 50 140 60

Aegislash blade stance

80 85 75 110 100 70

Its a disgrace Image result for it's a disgrace"

EDIT:

Spoiler

OK looks like there was an error on serebii :P.

Blade stance stats

60 140 50 140 50 60