Pokemon Sword + Shield Leaks & Datamines Thread

lilyawaka

still not sure why everyone's using spoiler tags, but i'm gonna keep doing it too

@Eagleby18 I mean, your sig for the better part of the forum's lifetime was about wanting Milotic, it's not exactly a shock lol.

But yeah, having so many missing means I'm just so much less likely to want to play it. So few of my artificial boys means no buy for me as well.

I'd personally advise sticking to spoiler tags because posts show up on the sidebar there.

Spoiler

I'd thought it was silly when people proposed it initially, but the Charmander line really were the only Kanto starters to get in. Well, the only non-Gen 8 starters period to get in, which is even worse. Absolutely disgusting.

As much as I love quite a few of the Gen 8 'mons too (Dreepy and Toxel lines are going up there in my favorites somewhere) looking at what I lost... no Pidgeot, no Golduck, no Dragonite, no Ampharos, no Dragalge, to name a few... I don't really have any regrets for sitting these games out. I mean, I can't afford a Switch anyway, so I wasn't going to get them regardless, but still.

...Also yikes at Shinx and Glameow lines not making it in, they still haven't been in a regional 'dex since the generation they were introduced. At least there's potential Sinnoh remakes?

Sweet Cheesus 🙆‍♂️

Spoiler

On the one hand I thought it could be worse after seeing that stunfisk (Why the hell a trap?! What could cause a mutation like that O.o) and the apple thingy (I am relieved the first evolution is not the final one, since the first one looks like someone tried to murder a apple and the final one is at least so-so), but most of the Galar Pokemon seem to be okay (except the starters, I wanted to choose Grookey but now it has to be Sobble as its final evolution at least looks more acceptable than the other two. Nevertheless, this may be be first time where I will drop the starter from my team on the first run 😐) and i found myself some favorites (First place: Hatterene evolution line (a new cute soldier😍 (who i first believed to be the female evolution of Inkay)) and second place: Galarian Meowth line (it looks so bizarr, that I find it adorable 😅)) and in every gen are pokemon who we all hate but who we also have to accept, so the new neighbours can stay. 🙃

BUT!

I am really, really, REALLY sad, that "some" (more than 400) Pokemon didn´t manage to get choosen for the new games. I accepted that the numbers would be reduced, since we reached a time (from gen 5/6 onwards) were there are too many pokemon (this goes just for me!) and I began to abandon the "mission" to catch them all, but nevertheless to "delete" more than 400 pokemon overshoot the target. I will miss some of my old companions especially my two best buddies Jigglypuff and Delphox who have to stay in Alola/Reborn 🤧. I really hope that the rumors about the pokedex not getting updated aren´t true. (but to be realistic, if any starters come with the update it would be only the rest of the first gen, but the hope dies last😬)

56 minutes ago, TheVentusX said:

Sweet Cheesus 🙆‍♂️

Reveal hidden contents

On the one hand I thought it could be worse after seeing that stunfisk (Why the hell a trap?! What could cause a mutation like that O.o) and the apple thingy (I am relieved the first evolution is not the final one, since the first one looks like someone tried to murder a apple and the final one is at least so-so), but most of the Galar Pokemon seem to be okay (except the starters, I wanted to choose Grookey but now it has to be Sobble as its final evolution at least looks more acceptable than the other two. Nevertheless, this may be be first time where I will drop the starter from my team on the first run 😐) and i found myself some favorites (First place: Hatterene evolution line (a new cute soldier😍 (who i first believed to be the female evolution of Inkay)) and second place: Galarian Meowth line (it looks so bizarr, that I find it adorable 😅)) and in every gen are pokemon who we all hate but who we also have to accept, so the new neighbours can stay. 🙃

BUT!

I am really, really, REALLY sad, that "some" (more than 400) Pokemon didn´t manage to get choosen for the new games. I accepted that the numbers would be reduced, since we reached a time (from gen 5/6 onwards) were there are too many pokemon (this goes just for me!) and I began to abandon the "mission" to catch them all, but nevertheless to "delete" more than 400 pokemon overshoot the target. I will miss some of my old companions especially my two best buddies Jigglypuff and Delphox who have to stay in Alola/Reborn 🤧. I really hope that the rumors about the pokedex not getting updated aren´t true. (but to be realistic, if any starters come with the update it would be only the rest of the first gen, but the hope dies last😬)

My first playthrough not using my starter was Gen 5... I picked Tepig and.... I was sad with its evolution LOL.

Spoiler

BUT I'm glad someone else likes that Galarian Meowth! I knew I had great taste! ...maybe not...stares at Fern...

And yeah, at first I didn't really care that some mons were being removed, I just assumed it would be like 50-100 of the least popular ones, like that trump pokemon or like, burmy.  But now seeing that Absol, Metagross line, Luxray, jigglypuff, Dratini line, Zorura, and my beloved Kingrda are all RIP... I'm rather surprised :<  

• Like 1

Spoiler

So according some of the leaks The starters are all single types.Grass guy has Intimidate has hidden ability,Fire has swift feet(probably boosts kick moves),Water has color change.Given that all are pure types and fire and water are fast attacker and fast special attacker respectively I think both are underwhelming unless swift feet gives of 50% boost on kicking moves which would be triple stab for for it plus a adaptibility blaze kick.Also fire guy is supposed the fast starter until date and water has very average speed.Grass gorilla is a physical att tank with good hp and defenses plus intimidate.Pure grass typing is good for competitive higher tiers.If it has good hp recovery it could be decent.

Starters spoiler

Edited by SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!

Spoiler

I still think Scorbunny's evolution will be OU even if its ability turned out to be a kick version of iron fist.Grass guy maybe UU or too as a physical wall.Water starter evolution looks real underwhelming due to mismatch of the ability color change and being a fast special attacker.I have begun to doubt the leaks due to this.Color change sounds so stupid for a fast special attacker unless it has an attack that changes type based on pokemon type still its quite unreliable due to its expected disasterclass bulk.

8 hours ago, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! said:
  Hide contents

So according some of the leaks The starters are all single types.Grass guy has Intimidate has hidden ability,Fire has swift feet(probably boosts kick moves),Water has color change.Given that all are pure types and fire and water are fast attacker and fast special attacker respectively I think both are underwhelming unless swift feet gives of 50% boost on kicking moves which would be triple stab for for it plus a adaptibility blaze kick.Also fire guy is supposed the fast starter until date and water has very average speed.Grass gorilla is a physical att tank with good hp and defenses plus intimidate.Pure grass typing is good for competitive higher tiers.If it has good hp recovery it could be decent.

Spoiler

Really?! No secondary type? But they all are suitable for a secondary type... I mean it is better than Gen 5 where only the Tepig-line had a secondary type (and come on the whole fire/figthing thingy was sooooo overused) but it is worse than Johto. In Gen 2 I at least loved the Starters from the start. (okay when I was younger that wasn´t hard, but still...) The only way that the starter will stay on my team would be if xe has the abilities, you mentioned, from the start but I don`t believe that this will happen (and even if it does I still don´t know if I wanna go on a journey with a color changeable agent, since you won´t know what move will hit you next)

Spoiler

I heard when you beat the main story, the Pokedex shrinks rather than grows.  You become the champion and only a single pokemon remains: Charizard.  Your pokemon become Charizard.  All wild encounters? Charizard.  Your friends, your rival, everyone you once held dear becomes a Charizard.  You are Charizard.  The entire post-game is a long cut scene of Charizard. There is no escaping.  

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, lilyawaka said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I heard when you beat the main story, the Pokedex shrinks rather than grows.  You become the champion and only a single pokemon remains: Charizard.  Your pokemon become Charizard.  All wild encounters? Charizard.  Your friends, your rival, everyone you once held dear becomes a Charizard.  You are Charizard.  The entire post-game is a long cut scene of Charizard. There is no escaping.  

this sounds so hilarious it wouldn´t surprise me anymore 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, TheVentusX said:

this sounds so hilarious it wouldn´t surprise me anymore 😂

Hi yes is this the CEO of Game Freak? Great idea for the next pokemon game: Pokemon Charizard where everything is a Charizard.  Even the houses.  Even the Pokeballs.

• Haha 1

Hi yes is this the CEO of Game Freak? Great idea for the next pokemon game: Pokemon Charizard where everything is a Charizard.  Even the houses.  Even the Pokeballs.

Oh my sweet Cheesus, lilyawaka don´t summon the storm. After the over 400 victims of the great Dexcalypse I can´t take anymore deaths among our ranks. When the day comes and Charizard becomes the king of all I will be the first to overthrow the tyranny........................................................................................but I would still play this horrible sounding but at the same time intriguing game in secret 🙈🙉🙊

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheVentusX said:

Oh my sweet Cheesus, lilyawaka don´t summon the storm. After the over 400 victims of the great Dexcalypse I can´t take anymore deaths among our ranks. When the day comes and Charizard becomes the king of all I will be the first to overthrow the tyranny........................................................................................but I would still play this horrible sounding but at the same time intriguing game in secret 🙈🙉🙊

Its sister-game would be Pokemon Fern, where every trainer is Fern and every pokemon is just Fern in a furry suit

Spoiler

But rly, idk how Charizard can make the cut and not the bulbasaur line :((( my big giant plant baby 😞 If cutting every pokemon is how you get a job at GF tho, i need money, i'll just create Pokemon Charizard 

Hide contents

But rly, idk how Charizard can make the cut and not the bulbasaur line :((( my big giant plant baby 😞 If cutting every pokemon is how you get a job at GF tho, i need money, i'll just create Pokemon Charizard 

Spoiler

The real stupidity is, that we only got to know this piece of information through leaks and not from GF themselves. When they talked about reducing the variety of pokemon it only sounded like they talked about cutting the old and sick and not about killing so many family members who are grown to our hearts over the years 😥 and yeah to choose Charizard over the Bulbasaur or Squirtle line is the icing on the joke. All or none and not One for all 😤 I also don´t quite understand how someone "adorable" like garchomp could lose against the hilarious Stunfisk who even got an even more hilarious Galarian form and don´t they dare to tell me it is for a Sinnoh remake. If the rumours about the remake are really true the would have to include Garchomp, Luxray & Co. so that we can at least trade/battle between the games (but who knows maybe GF will just come with a new stupid switch app where all is possible🙄 Don´t you dare Gamefreak! I will haunt you in your dreams!)

Hello people 

Spoiler

The Galar Dex:

A full list of the new monsters in Sword and Shield.

Sooo yup

These are pretty much every single new mons in Gen 8.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I still don't like the starter evos. Sorry but they could have done better. I will definitely learn to love them as always I did with past starters but just designs alone, Sobble's and Scorbunny's are like Emboar and Incineroar to me. Neutral feelings.

Other than that, everything else they've nailed it. Almost every single one of these new mons are FIRE. Holy crap. The ONLY mon I have problem with right now is the rolycoly line. I just don't understand why they ditched it's orange eye design on it's evos. Just why? I', still hoping that it changes back when it blinks or something. Yeah, I'm really, really liking what I'm seeing right now and I can't wait to try all out.

The Galarian forms. They. are. CLEAN oh my goodness. Meowth???? I hate the fact that it's so spoiled this gen but that form!! It's one my favorites right now 😭 

Now the dex cut. It's kinda like the most controversial thing right now so I won't dwell with it much. 

The dex contains 400 mons. That contain's about 100 less than what I expected. 

Since I won't be spoiling myself with anything (especially story-related stuff) anymore, I just want to be blown away by the content. That's all I'm asking. Give me 1000+ worth of playtime plus postgame lol. It's just really about the only thing they can do to make up for the whole thanos snap. 

I don't think I will be disappointed, cause I'm pretty sure SwSh will be the really great. I've been excited ever since the first trailer showed in February. Then again it's GF so...

One final wish please: A+ STATS for all these mons PLEASE

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheVentusX said:
  Hide contents

Really?! No secondary type? But they all are suitable for a secondary type... I mean it is better than Gen 5 where only the Tepig-line had a secondary type (and come on the whole fire/figthing thingy was sooooo overused) but it is worse than Johto. In Gen 2 I at least loved the Starters from the start. (okay when I was younger that wasn´t hard, but still...) The only way that the starter will stay on my team would be if xe has the abilities, you mentioned, from the start but I don`t believe that this will happen (and even if it does I still don´t know if I wanna go on a journey with a color changeable agent, since you won´t know what move will hit you next)

Spoiler

Yea kinda unbelievable but we shouldnt forget that they decided to give Liquid voice to primarina which was utter joke.Color change is an absolute deal breaker for me.I was really excited for sobble but now Idk.Also its mediocre speed of 100 is a disaster and a possibly as 120 spl att,got 85 spl def and hp.I still think primirina is much better due to dual stab.Fire starter apparently has 130 speed and 124 attack.I think swift feet should probably boost kick moves by 20% then.Though that dual stab is a miss which can be more than rectified with 50% boost.Blaze kicks going to wreck things though.But it should have a signature move too.If sobble evo has something like stay invisible for 1st turn ie it takes no damage on first turn it could be quite decent.Grass guy,idk with serperior and tangrowth present I am not sure abt him.He is just an upgraded Meganium though much better still it kinda hurts to see fire starter once again having the upper hand on other two.I really thought we would get a decent grass starter this time.Btw grass starter has  similar stats to swampert.100 hp,85 spl and def plus 110 attack 50 speed.

6 hours ago, Maqqy said:

Hello people 

Hide contents

The Galar Dex:

A full list of the new monsters in Sword and Shield.

Sooo yup

These are pretty much every single new mons in Gen 8.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I still don't like the starter evos. Sorry but they could have done better. I will definitely learn to love them as always I did with past starters but just designs alone, Sobble's and Scorbunny's are like Emboar and Incineroar to me. Neutral feelings.

Other than that, everything else they've nailed it. Almost every single one of these new mons are FIRE. Holy crap. The ONLY mon I have problem with right now is the rolycoly line. I just don't understand why they ditched it's orange eye design on it's evos. Just why? I', still hoping that it changes back when it blinks or something. Yeah, I'm really, really liking what I'm seeing right now and I can't wait to try all out.

The Galarian forms. They. are. CLEAN oh my goodness. Meowth???? I hate the fact that it's so spoiled this gen but that form!! It's one my favorites right now 😭 

Now the dex cut. It's kinda like the most controversial thing right now so I won't dwell with it much. 

The dex contains 400 mons. That contain's about 100 less than what I expected. 

Since I won't be spoiling myself with anything (especially story-related stuff) anymore, I just want to be blown away by the content. That's all I'm asking. Give me 1000+ worth of playtime plus postgame lol. It's just really about the only thing they can do to make up for the whole thanos snap. 

I don't think I will be disappointed, cause I'm pretty sure SwSh will be the really great. I've been excited ever since the first trailer showed in February. Then again it's GF so...

One final wish please: A+ STATS for all these mons PLEASE

Spoiler

I hope Dragapult has nuke special attack and custom dragon move.Will be interesting to see its ability too.Better not be levitate ffs.Fire starter going to be best again with 130 speed and 124 attack.Lazy design though.

6 hours ago, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! said:
  Hide contents

Yea kinda unbelievable but we shouldnt forget that they decided to give Liquid voice to primarina which was utter joke.Color change is an absolute deal breaker for me.I was really excited for sobble but now Idk.Also its mediocre speed of 100 is a disaster and a possibly as 120 spl att,got 85 spl def and hp.I still think primirina is much better due to dual stab.Fire starter apparently has 130 speed and 124 attack.I think swift feet should probably boost kick moves by 20% then.Though that dual stab is a miss which can be more than rectified with 50% boost.Blaze kicks going to wreck things though.But it should have a signature move too.If sobble evo has something like stay invisible for 1st turn ie it takes no damage on first turn it could be quite decent.Grass guy,idk with serperior and tangrowth present I am not sure abt him.He is just an upgraded Meganium though much better still it kinda hurts to see fire starter once again having the upper hand on other two.I really thought we would get a decent grass starter this time.Btw grass starter has  similar stats to swampert.100 hp,85 spl and def plus 110 attack 50 speed.

okay yeah it´s not like i dislike Primarina since it is one of my aces in my current rejuvenation playtrough (this little mermaid rocks 🤩) but i don´t get its ability so the sobble line is in that regard not GFs worse idea, but still... i wanted it to be ghost type 😭

6 hours ago, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! said:
  Hide contents

I hope Dragapult has nuke special attack and custom dragon move.Will be interesting to see its ability too.Better not be levitate ffs.Fire starter going to be best again with 130 speed and 124 attack.Lazy design though.

Spoiler

Image    Image

Prayers answered 😭

1 hour ago, Maqqy said:
  Hide contents

Image    Image

Prayers answered 😭

Spoiler

Woah It looks like the fastest non mega psuedo-legendary.Looks like a really good dragon dance sweeper now.Ability could have been better but we dont know its hidden ability.If the evs are zero then Speed is around 150 minimum....oh my goodness.Attack is at 115/117 minimum.Its quite frail though.Seems a bit too high than necessary though.But dragon dance could make many choice scarfers useless.Will probably be ou regardless.Could do with a good offensive ability though.Moxie on this guy would probably be broken.Ability that protects again priority moves will make it unplayable probably.People will probably run clear body set to avoid intimidate users.Needs a good signature ghost type phy move.

22 minutes ago, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! said:
  Hide contents

Woah It looks like the fastest non mega psuedo-legendary.Looks like a really good dragon dance sweeper now.Ability could have been better but we dont know its hidden ability.If the evs are zero then Speed is around 150 minimum....oh my goodness.Attack is at 115/117 minimum.Its quite frail though.Seems a bit too high than necessary though.But dragon dance could make many choice scarfers useless.Will probably be ou regardless.Could do with a good offensive ability though.Moxie on this guy would probably be broken.Ability that protects again priority moves will make it unplayable probably.People will probably run clear body set to avoid intimidate users.Needs a good signature ghost type phy move.

Spoiler

Given that def,spl def are 75 each,hp is 80 and spl attack is 90-95.It misses out on 10-15 from the tally of 600.I hope the missing points are part of attack.Possible stats if ev are zero:

HP 80

ATT 120

DEF 75

SPL ATT 90

SPL DEF 80

SPEED 155

1 hour ago, Maqqy said:
  Hide contents

Image    Image

Prayers answered 😭

Spoiler

Okay, so with some quick calculations (thanks showdown !), i can say that this thing is a beast ! Take a look at this :

jet dragon stats.png

To give you an idea, i took Salamence as a base, gave it mid iv's and played around a bit while keeping the total at 600, which gave me this repartition. So, in short, it's a Salamence with a bit less offensive presence and a bit less bulk, but an overwhelming speed. Now, to give you an idea of what this thing can do, here is an idea of what it could look like when given a proper competitive build at lvl 100 :

comparison salamence.png

So, same offensive stat than Salamence while being immensely faster ? Yeah, this thing seems pretty busted to me. (may i also add that it still outspeeds a max speed jolly tapu koko, even while adamant ?). No need for bulk, give this guy a choice band and just look at him nuking the entire opposing team with its awesome stab coverage (seriously, the only thing resisting or immune to it are fairy-dark (hello impidimp !), fairy-normal (fear the Wigglytuff !), steel-normal (non-existent, as far as i know) and dark-steel (hello bisharp !), so not *that* much, it can definitely add a ground coverage and everything's fine for him). And he should still be able to take some hits thanks to a good defensive typing : he's either immune or resisting nearly half of the types out there, that's far from nothing. If this guy isn't an icon of HO teams in SwSh, i don't know what will.

Well, maybe i let myself get carried away a little too much, but he should still be a great wallbreaker !

13 minutes ago, Siragon said:
  Hide contents

Okay, so with some quick calculations (thanks showdown !), i can say that this thing is a beast ! Take a look at this :

jet dragon stats.png

To give you an idea, i took Salamence as a base, gave it mid iv's and played around a bit while keeping the total at 600, which gave me this repartition. So, in short, it's a Salamence with a bit less offensive presence and a bit less bulk, but an overwhelming speed. Now, to give you an idea of what this thing can do, here is an idea of what it could look like when given a proper competitive build at lvl 100 :

comparison salamence.png

So, same offensive stat than Salamence while being immensely faster ? Yeah, this thing seems pretty busted to me. (may i also add that it still outspeeds a max speed jolly tapu koko, even while adamant ?). No need for bulk, give this guy a choice band and just look at him nuking the entire opposing team with its awesome stab coverage (seriously, the only thing resisting or immune to it are fairy-dark (hello impidimp !), fairy-normal (fear the Wigglytuff !), steel-normal (non-existent, as far as i know) and dark-steel (hello bisharp !), so not *that* much, it can definitely add a ground coverage and everything's fine for him). And he should still be able to take some hits thanks to a good defensive typing : he's either immune or resisting nearly half of the types out there, that's far from nothing. If this guy isn't an icon of HO teams in SwSh, i don't know what will.

Well, maybe i let myself get carried away a little too much, but he should still be a great wallbreaker !

Spoiler

I'm SO excited to see this little dude's stats! I was gonna use him no matter what because he reminds me of a certain Reborn grasshole, but knowing he's actually gonna be good has me hyped!