Pokemon Sword + Shield Leaks & Datamines Thread

lilyawaka

It was suggested we create a separate topic to discuss / share leaks + datamines for Sword + Shield, soooo here we go! 😁 Discuss away! 

It's probably best we put any leaked images in the spoiler tag, just in case anyone who doesn't want to see leaks accidentally stumbles here! 

I just...wanna bring up this meowth... I'm on hr 3 of laughing about it skdfjhsjdshdhs

this is what i look like irl during finals week

Spoiler

1675282572_ScreenShot2019-11-01at2_58_45PM.png.b659005204ebd1004076254a7e8e97e5.png

(mods, feel free to delete if I did this wrong!) 

Edited by lilyawaka
Updating to say we should put images in spoiler tags

Since leaks doesn't really bother me much I'll hop on too!! 

So yeah pretty much it happened AGAIN since we are closer to release date, it's inevitable at this point that someone will leak the game nonetheless.

This is all we have for now:

Spoiler

Image   Image

Image   Image 

They look pretty much credible from what I've seen. Still, since there is no confirmation whatsoever, always take it with a grain of salt.

.........I'm still a little bit of shock after seeing these. So I'll probably hold my opinion on these for a while. Watchu guys think?

I actually really like that pink scenery... I love anything pink or pastel though so I'm easy to please LOL. The elephant thing looks beyond adorable too!

Middle-stage starter evolutions have been awkward since like, ever, so i'm not concerned about them but I can't say I'm too in love with the final evolutions.  I hope Scorbunny's doesn't look too human-like. 

I'm still laughing over the meowth oh my god

Yeah the Meowth looks somewhat strange to me but I'm not against it. The fox and elephant excite me and I actually like Grookey's final evolution, but man I really hate Sobble's final evo. If thats what it actually is then that might be my least favorite final evo by a long shot. 

15 minutes ago, lilyawaka said:

The sobble one seems really disliked wherever I go LOL who knows, maybe it’ll be great in battles so I’ll change my

mind. The meowth one is honestly the greatest thing to happen to the franchise in years 

i've been seeing quite a few people say the Sobble final evo is fake, so.... don't know what to do with that information!!

4 hours ago, sleepytime said:

i've been seeing quite a few people say the Sobble final evo is fake, so.... don't know what to do with that information!!

Spoiler

There actually is reason to believe that Sobble's final evo here is fake because:

1) it looks way too direct as a spy. Literally straight up "I'm about to assassinate you look" 

2) The background is different from the others, but this isn't such a strong point to debunk this evo. idk.

3) For the mid evo, we don't see the scale Sobble had (unless it's the emo bangs, flapped down) and suddenly we see it again like Sobble had it? That raises a red flag imo

and if I'm wrong and this is real....heck.

Don't get me wrong though, is kinda cool~

DEAR ARCEUS Grookey's 3rd evo took a drastic turn on the evolution tree

I dig it~

Just wish we also got to see Scorbunny's evolutions

EDIT: No hol' up, I was wrong, we got MORE leaks:

Spoiler

I....I'm seated already, but I gotta sit down....

MORE LEAKS

Spoiler

GIGANTIMAX FORMS:

Image     Image     Image

Image     Image

NEW MONS:

Image     Image  

So apparently, what actually happened is that some dudes from Mexico got the game early and decided to leak everything. One chose Sobble as starter, so we got their final evos already.

Another leaker got the strategy book early, so the other shots were taken from that.

.................. I literally can't process everything I'm seeing right now.

1 minute ago, Maqqy said:

MORE LEAKS

Hide contents

GIGANTIMAX FORMS:

Image     Image

NEW MONS:

Image     Image  

So apparently, what actually happened is that some dudes from Mexico got the game early and decided to leak everything. One chose Sobble as starter, so we got their final evos already.

Another leaker got the strategy book early, so the other shots were taken from that.

Spoiler

Oh hey didn't see the one pirhana-plant-ish looking one before.

Giga Garbodor straight up looks like Rift Garbodor, just had planes and stuff on it o_o

7 hours ago, Maqqy said:

MORE LEAKS

Reveal hidden contents

GIGANTIMAX FORMS:

Image     Image

NEW MONS:

Image     Image  

I had a bit of a disappointment here. Because half of one of the first images was cropped off the top, I was under the impression hat we somehow managed to get Giga-Malamar, and was really hyped about that- especially since its signature move was supposedly called "G-Max SMITE"! But alas, it turned out that G-Max Smite belongs to a brand new pokemon that just happens to have a similar lower torso. Too bad, so sad...

New Bug looks like a Zelda boss from one of the cell-shaded games. Can't say that I was expecting that.

8 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I had a bit of a disappointment here. Because half of one of the first images was cropped off the top, I was under the impression hat we somehow managed to get Giga-Malamar, and was really hyped about that- especially since its signature move was supposedly called "G-Max SMITE"! But alas, it turned out that G-Max Smite belongs to a brand new pokemon that just happens to have a similar lower torso. Too bad, so sad...

New Bug looks like a Zelda boss from one of the cell-shaded games. Can't say that I was expecting that.

I like the gigantimax forms by a fault and the new mons so far.

The starter evos are just..... oh lord. Sorry but please say sike.

Pretty sure when we see them in action our opinions will gradually change. But man let’s ALL be honest, they look subpar.

Eh, I kinda like rollaboom (and its stupid pun). Sobble's evo is worse than anticipated, though (can we please have the caped thing I poked fun of last month instead?), and scorbunny's looks like a middle stage rather than a final, so I'll agree with you on those two. And the final Types for all of them are just sad...

Welp, guess I jumped starter ship again after all. 🤷‍♀️

These final evos look way too humanoid. I'd expect this kind of thing from digimon. It'd be nice if they actually looked like the animals they are based off of. The closest is probably Rollaboom but it's a monkey so that isn't much of an accomplishment.

I'll be completely honest, I'm fine with the starters evos. I can't get too upset cause I feel like it's the same cycle all over again with every other gen...

This is the cycle I'm referring to:

Perhaps they are much better or decent in motion rather than standing still, Felt like it's been like this since gen 5 and onward...

• Upvote 2

So I finally saw the starters full evolution... Sobble's looks sassy as fuck, Scorbunny's is just kind of ehh and my boy Grookey just looks fucking great. I'm so glad I chose best boy there. Although, I'm curious about its secondary typing. I'm guessing it's either Rock or Dark.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

So I finally saw the starters full evolution... Sobble's looks sassy as fuck, Scorbunny's is just kind of ehh and my boy Grookey just looks fucking great. I'm so glad I chose best boy there. Although, I'm curious about its secondary typing. I'm guessing it's either Rock or Dark.

Well, you're gonna be a bit dissapointed there.

Spoiler

The starters don't have secondary Typings this time- we've got the first instance where they're all Mono-Typed since Johto.

4 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Well, you're gonna be a bit dissapointed there.

Reveal hidden contents

The starters don't have secondary Typings this time- we've got the first instance where they're all Mono-Typed since Johto.

Ehh. Ohh well. Grookey’s final

evolution still looks bad ass.

6 hours ago, 0ddman said:

I'll be completely honest, I'm fine with the starters evos. I can't get too upset cause I feel like it's the same cycle all over again with every other gen...

This is the cycle I'm referring to:

Perhaps they are much better or decent in motion rather than standing still, Felt like it's been like this since gen 5 and onward...

I really hope I’ll eat my own words soon, I really do. But I just can’t bring myself to like these designs right now. I’m sorry that it might seem that I’m pushing it cause obviously we all had visions on what their final evos were gonna be, so disappointment was obviously going to be met. However.... can they have not think or conceptualize of anything else? Why make them so humanoid? There were so many paths they could’ve taken with their evos. Heck I’ve seen fanarts that are WAY better. Seriously. Sigh. 

Hopefully the cycle still holds true with this gen. I’m just really underwhelmed. 

14 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

I really hope I’ll eat my own words soon, I really do. But I just can’t bring myself to like these designs right now. I’m sorry that it might seem that I’m pushing it cause obviously we all had visions on what their final evos were gonna be, so disappointment was obviously going to be met. However.... can they have not think or conceptualize of anything else? Why make them so humanoid? There were so many paths they could’ve taken with their evos. Heck I’ve seen fanarts that are WAY better. Seriously. Sigh. 

Hopefully the cycle still holds true with this gen. I’m just really underwhelmed. 

i'm really feeling this about the starter evos, too, tbh. I saw so many cool fanarts and got my hopes up for something similar, or even better..

I mean, I'm still excited for the games because there are so many other Galar mons I really like, and Scorbunny's final evo is starting to grow on me a bit so that's the direction I'll probably go in.

Sobble is still my favourite of the three, though, and I really wish they would've gone a different route with its evos.

3 hours ago, sleepytime said:

i'm really feeling this about the starter evos, too, tbh. I saw so many cool fanarts and got my hopes up for something similar, or even better..

I mean, I'm still excited for the games because there are so many other Galar mons I really like, and Scorbunny's final evo is starting to grow on me a bit so that's the direction I'll probably go in.

Sobble is still my favourite of the three, though, and I really wish they would've gone a different route with its evos.

The fan arts are what’s doing it for me

too! The Sobble one actually looks kinda cool in different poses imo: