Agate city bassement locked, cannot access puzzle

alaneapen

Please try to avoid opening multiple threads for the same question. But to answer: There's a kid sitting in the bottom right corner (you barely see it because of the red hair). Talk to it and it will open up the way into the basement.

In case you don't know how to proceed with the puzzle afterwards:

Spoiler

Once you reach the basement, look at the tiles on the ground. You will notice a pattern (I think you need Flash to really see enough). Take a picture of that pattern or draw it down. No go to the Fire gym and walk up to the field with red and orange tiles on the ground. Your goal will be to recreate the pattern you saw in the basement. You can turn orange tiles red by stepping on them. Be careful though: if you turn an orange tile red that should actually not be red, then you'll have to reset by leaving the gym and entering it again. Once you managed to recreate the pattern you saw in the basement, a door will open at the end of the gym (where you met the gym leader).

I also completed the puzzle for you in case you don't manage to do it. But I would encourage you to give it a try. It's really not complicated once you get it. Just be careful that you don't make mistakes when copying the pattern in the basement.

Have fun!

Game.rxdata