Sign in to follow this  
Verge Of Chaos

Crashes and Super Effectiveness of Electric Moves

I didn't come across this while scanning the known bugs box, I apologize if I missed it and I hope it's alright that I'm going to report two separate bugs in one thread. 

1. Game Crashing

Ever since I started the game, whenever I have put it in the background (behind other open programs such as Google Chrome) and left it there for an extended period of time, it gets stuck there. I don't know if it's classified as a crash or freeze but when I press the icon in my taskbar it doesn't front the game again. 
I have to solve this via Control + Alt + Deleting and then ending the process and restarting the game.

I've made a habit of saving every time I have to background the game just for security after this caused me to lose some minor progress at the beginning. 

The reason I'm only reporting this now is that the issue seems to have escalated and until this point, it wasn't bothering me. 
Now, that I've JUST beat Shelly, suddenly, the last few times I've backgrounded the game to respond to posts here, it gets stuck/crashes/freezes every single time. 

2. Electricity isn't always super effective against Flying and Bug types. 

Whilst training a Klink outside the Jasper ward Pokemon Center for the Corey battle, I noticed that while battling wild Pidgey, Pigeotto and Scatterbug, Thundershock and Charge Beam were NOT being treated as super effective but as neutral and this threw me off of even bothering to try electricity on Corey's Crobat.

I thought since this is a fan game, perhaps that was an intentional change.  
For example, Snakewood is a Ruby-based ROM hack in which some Pokemon have secondary types added to them such as dark to Kantonian Meowth and fighting to Banette. 

However, when I battled a woman with a Murkrow upon my first arrival in the Lapis Ward and someone with I think a Spearow, something nagged at me to give it a try and lo and behold THEN electricity was super effective. 
I found the inconsistency to be strange and decided that the Pidgey/Pigeotto/Scatterbug thing was not supposed to have happened. 

Am I wrong?

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

38 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Now, that I've JUST beat Shelly, suddenly, the last few times I've backgrounded the game to respond to posts here, it gets stuck/crashes/freezes every single time. 

I'm pretty sure that's a limitation on the PC/Laptop you're using to play the game. I don't have crashes while having Reborn running in the background and I play on some rando laptop. RPGMakerXP games are pretty poorly optimized, so.

Firstly, Electric was never super-effective on Bug, like ever.

Secondly, it's possible you played during the Strong Winds weather condition, which removes all weaknesses that a Flying-Type would normally have, i.e. Electric-Type moves.

3 hours ago, Scyl said:

Firstly, Electric was never super-effective on Bug, like ever.

Oh, I could have sworn it was. My bad. 😓

3 hours ago, Scyl said:

Secondly, it's possible you played during the Strong Winds weather condition, which removes all weaknesses that a Flying-Type would normally have, i.e. Electric-Type moves.

There was a weather condition but it looked like fog to me. 

Welp, this was a derp on me then. I apologize. 

Yeah that is what Strong Wind looks like, too be fair, not generally a weather that one runs into too often, in main series games it's exclusive to Mega Ray's ability Delta Stream, if i am not forgetting anything

13 hours ago, Falirion said:

Yeah that is what Strong Wind looks like, too be fair, not generally a weather that one runs into too often, in main series games it's exclusive to Mega Ray's ability Delta Stream, if i am not forgetting anything

Oh yeah, I've seen Delta Stream in Ttar's Sun/Moon Randomizer Nuzlocke. That looks like fog too, a weird green fog.