Legends of Derry [Game over - Town & Tailor WIN]

NickCrash

Welcome to Derry!

As your "newly" elected mayor, I'd like to say a few words. I believe we all remember the incidents from 27 years ago.

At least, those of us who stayed here. For those who have just set foot here, let me tell you a few things you need to know.

Ever since the massacre of 1990, Derry has grown. It has become a metropolis. A center of entertainment and wisdom.

A place everyone is accepted, and a place everyone takes a little risk daily, in order to succeed in their lives.

Nothing like the redneck town of the 80s and 90s, where mayhem could start at any time, and the outside world would never even know, lest care.

I feel proud of my city. I feel proud it has entrusted me to lead it into a far better future.

Therefore, since we've reached 27 years from the last time, and because I wish to break the cycle, as my first act for my 6th term. I will re-enact Ostracization.

Each day, you will be able to vote whom you wish to remove from our happy city.

Each day you'll get the chance to purge the city of all evil.

your tools; your vote, and night actions.

What is Mafia (Here Ostracization)

Mafia is a social deduction game which requires analyzing, cooperation, and looking through lies. There are two main factions in a mafia game: the Uninformed Majority who have to find others of their kind while hunting for the mafia, the Informed Minority who have a private chat and plan there on how they should trick the town and whom they should kill.
Here we don't have any Informed Minority. There are evil parties that win alone, or along other evil parties. 

At the beginning of the game, players receive a PM or a DM with their role and alignment.

There are two major phases in a Mafia game:

(1) The Day Phase – Typically lasts 48 hours
Players use this opportunity to discuss about several things, which may include the outcome of the previous phases, behavior of players, and flow of the game; the ultimate goal in the day phase is for the Town players to find the Evils slowly while Evils have to blend in carefully. Before the day ends, players must vote for a player whom they want to be eliminated on grounds of suspicion and the player receiving the most votes will be eliminated. 

(2) The Night Phase – Typically lasts 24 hours
The thread is considered “locked” at this point and players may not comment at all. Instead, players with night actions, special abilities related to their role, may use these to aid their faction. The Mafia also discusses in the private chat on whom to dispose of.

The game continues until win-cons have been met.

Opening Narrative

They used to tell us the story of the clown. Pennywise. The one who was famished and feasted on children.

I used to listen to that story from my grandma. My mother always reassured me it was supposed to make me eat my own food, otherwise... it would eat me.
Grandma tried to tell me the stories were real, but nobody took her seriously. She would speak of witches, arsonists, nightly beasts and of course... the clown.
She would tell us the story of Willie, the man who wanted to know everything about everyone. Whenever he dug up the truth about someone, primal instincts led him to devour them.
She also told us the story of Jackson, the mad man. The one who wanted to kill himself but didn't have the guts to do so. So he tried to convince the others to kill him. But to no avail.
Because the citizens of Derry are good, and polite, and nice. Because we love each other.
But then, she told me the story of Morgan, the jailor, who kept people in his dungeons every night. She told me Morgan has killed people. 
That's not someone from Derry would do! That's what I always told myself, but always knew I was simply entertaining comforting thoughts.
There were other stories as well. That of a tailor, and that of a religious fanatic; both uncertain if they wish to do good, or evil. Both... seemingly out of this world.

And of course, she never forgot the clown...
She claimed to have been visited by the clown before. To have seen him, as a child. She claims all her friends either left or disappeared, but the clown is still in Derry.
I guess... I only have to find out if any of these legends are true.
After all, 27 years have been completed.

Roles (This is what your character may be able to do)

TOWN ROLES
The members of the town must work together if they wish to defeat the evils that have sprouted inside our noble city.

01. Jailor
Every day, he picks a target to jail during the following night. The jailed person cannot perform their Night Action or be visited. They share a chat with each other.
The Jailor may execute up to 3 people. If, however, they execute a town, they can execute no more. If they jail the Serial Killer but not execute them, the jailor dies.

02. Doctor
Visits a person each night and protects from hostile attacks. May choose to protect themselves once per game

03. Sheriff
Checks their target and sees if they're town or not. There are a few different sheriffs that might appear.
a) Educated Sheriff: Town appears Town, Evil appears Evil
b) Paranoid Sheriff: Everyone appears Evil
c) Naive Sheriff: Everyone appears Town
d) Chaotic Sheriff: Town appears Evil, Evil appears Town

04. Investigator
Checks their target for their role and receives 3 possible results. The results are in set trios (thus not RNG'd)

05. Vigilante
They choose a target to kill each night. If they are forced by the witch to kill town, they commit suicide. Otherwise they are fine.

06. Medium
Each night, they talk to the dead. After the medium dies, they can seanse once per game.
Seanse: The dead medium picks a target during the day, and may talk to them during the following night. 

07. Stalker
You visit a player's house and find out who else was there.
At the beginning of the next day phase, you get a full report of who visited, and in which order. 

08. Bulletproof
They wear a vest, which is essentially an extra life.

09. Psychiatrist
If they visit a person afflicted with the clown curse, the person's madness disappears

10. Shaman
Each night they visit someone. If they die, the role of the last person visited will be revealed to all.

11. Transporter
They pick 2 people (A and B). All night actions aimed at one of them, are directed towards the other.
Can't affect the Jailor, Yellow Press and Dead-Medium visits, as these picks happen during the day.

12. Mayor
Their vote counts for 2.
Once per game, they may reveal themselves. After that, their vote counts for 3.
After the reveal, the Mayor cannot be protected by the Doctor or the Stalker.

13. Sabbat
This mysterious person can visit people during the night. Depending on the role of their targets, various things may happen.
Some visits are beneficial, others... detrimental. Only the Sabbat knows what the visits might do, and the Sabbat does not say.

14. Yellow Press
Each day they pick someone to share a chat with during the night.  The person chosen must be disclosed to me during the day, so I can create the chat.
After their death, a number of Yellow Pages is thrown to the public. That's the number of Evil Roles the Yellow Press had had chats with.

EVIL ROLES
These, however, work alone. They are... creatures of the night. They try to blend in with us, but they are nothing like us. 

01. Witch
Forces "person A" to target "person B" each night. They can force them to target themselves.
Wins with another Evil Role. Does not win alone.

02. Arsonist
Every night he picks someone to douse, or stay at home and play with his lighter. If he stays at home, all doused targets are burned. Nothing can save them.
The people killed by the Arsonist will be burnt beyond recognition. Their roles won't be revealed.
Wins alone or with Witch.

03. Serial Killer
Boy with a knife. Each night they can pick a target and kill them.
Wins alone or with Witch.

04. Jester
They win by getting hung. After getting hung, they may choose 1 person to haunt.  Said person will abruptly die in the middle of the following day.
Wins alone.

05. Willie E. Coyote
They may guess the role of a person. Each time they guess correctly, they receive a gun. Each time they guess wrong, they receive a fake gun. The fake gun kills the user.
The Coyote must discard the previous gun, if they get a new one. The guns can only be used during the day. They do not reveal the shooter.
Wins alone.

06. Tailor
Creates suits for people. Each night, they give away a different suit. They can only give each suit once. They can, however, pick which suit to give.
What kind of suits? Only the Tailor knows, and the Tailor doesn't say.
Wins if they survive to give away all the suits.

07. Clown
Everyone who visits the clown becomes crazy. They are given a curse. 
The person afflicted by the curse can still vote to eliminate. Their vote is disclosed to me in secret.
The clown cannot be directly attacked by a crazy person.
Wins Alone or with Witch.

Rules & Important Info

01. Everyone must post twice a day, and submit an elimination vote.
02. Failure to do so results in a warning. Failure to do so twice, results in immediate modkill.
03. If you have a Night Action, you can decide to abstain. Failure to submit a NA will be received as an abstain.
04. The most voted person is lynched. 
05. In case of a tie, RNG will decide who is lynched.
06. Upon death, role is revealed, unless burnt by Arsonist.
07. Town wins when all evils are exterminated. If the witch is the only one to survive, she commits suicide.
08. Every Evil Role has their own win-con.
09. Join the Discord server. https://discord.gg/VFQHtGg If the link is no longer working, send me a dm.
10. Failure to have fun will result in my puppy missing a walk.

PLAYER LIST

01. Anti

02. Alistair - ??? [Killed N3]

03. Jelly - Transporter [Killed N1]

04. Lykos - Serial Killer [Killed N2]

05. Drago

06. Aldo

07. Astra - Investigator [Killed N1]

08. Nicki

09. Nano - Sabbat [Killed N1]

10. Arch - Jester [Killed D3]

11. Bean - Jailor [Killed N2]

12. Newt - Sheriff (Naive) [Lynched D2]

13. Falirion - Vigilante [Killed N2]

14. Bok - Clown [Killed D2]
15. Kiet - Bulletproof [Killed N2]

16. Candy

17. Lia

18. Amber

19. Sopheria - Coyote [Lynched D3]

20. Seal - ??? [Killed N3]

21. Nightwolf [NPC] - Shaman [Story Kill]

You have at least a week to sign up. Remember, we start at D1. 

Discord: https://discord.gg/VFQHtGg

DAY ONE - Death is only the Beginning

The parties were happening as planned. The people were out on the streets, celebrating. They were having fun. Some students were drinking, but the police paid them no mind, because nothing ever bad happens in Derry. Nothing ever bad...

We have been attacked. Derry isn't safe any more. I wanted to make an announcement full of hope, be optimistic. You know... appear as everything is fine.

That's what a proper mayor would do. However, it looks like I can't keep up. Today's spectacle was horrifying. Hence, I've given my title to someone I trust.

Long live the new mayor! I hope they do well. I'll be watching from a distance, recording what happens in Derry, minding my own safety first.

It appears that out of fear I haven't yet disclosed what happened. I know you all must be shocked. It was supposed to be D1, everything was supposed to be fine. 

We hadn't even started re-opening the city for the feast.

As I was cycling to the borders, to invite the indigenous people, I saw the Native's establishments ruined. Most had already packed and left. Smoke was rising from the big tent. They aren't typically happy to see me, but this time it was even worse. These strong people... they were crying.

Bean and Nano had already reached the scene. They informed me that the Shaman was gone. Nowhere to be found. Just a few drops of blood inside the tent, and a fire put out not long ago. Among the charcoal I noticed what looked like... No, it can't be. 

The official report will be that Nightwolf has gone missing. Whoever claims otherwise will face the consequences.

Of course, the basic suspects would be the ones to have found the body. Although, a monster like this wouldn't allow to be seen, let alone be found in the murder scene.

Nano sweared it wasn't him. Bean was talking about some character traits. I paid him no mind. He hasn't bean the same ever since the previous incident, 27 years ago.

Some say he's faking it. I prefer to believe he's still struggling to overcome a clown's curse, or a traumatic event. I guess we'll never know.

One thing is certain.

Derry isn't safe any more.

PLAYER LIST

01. Anti

02. Alistair

03. Jelly

04. Lykos

05. Drago

06. Aldo

07. Astra

08. Nicki

09. Nano

10. Arch

11. Bean

12. Newt

13. Falirion

14. Bok
15. Kiet

16. Candy

17. Lia

18. Amber

19. Sopheria

20. Seal

21. Nightwolf [NPC] - Shaman [Story Kill]

You have 24 hours to discuss what we're going to do. For D1, lynching is optional.