[Resolved] The Daycare Scandal

Lucifer Morningstar

I just finished the Onix ward gym and have caught a Sentret I want to evolve and trade the one girl for her "table cloth Pokemon". I'd rather have the Daycare Couple handle the necessary leveling up but they somehow recognize me (which I don't understand, we're new to the region and the only remarkable thing we've done is the factory raid) and frantically turn me away. 

Through Googling, I have learned that this is a phony daycare couple and that the real daycare couple are locked in one of the warehouses in the Coral Ward. This was hardly surprising, after talking to the girl south of the Pokemon Center who tells you that that the daycare couple refused to return her Pokemon I suspected something shady was going on there. 

According to this old thread:

the Reborn Wikia, the key to the warehouse is in the abandoned Obsidia Park house but I've been there twice and checked every available tile but have found nothing. 

Have I been unfortunate enough to stumble onto a glitch or am I simply too early for this event? I'm hoping it's the latter even though I don't expect to need the daycare too much apart from the Sentret I intend to trade as a Furret. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

2 hours ago, Sirrobert said:

This won't be the last time you meet them.

Actually for this set it is! (*nerdglasses* well actually... so sorry) there are if i remember right 3 seperate duo's of grunts pulling the rip off motto. but the 2 running the daycare (Grant & Janis) are actually not seen again since. (I have a whole excel sheet with the various grunts, yes i do weird projects when i am bored)

Edited by Falirion
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 12:51 PM, Falirion said:

Actually for this set it is! (*nerdglasses* well actually... so sorry) there are if i remember right 3 seperate duo's of grunts pulling the rip off motto. but the 2 running the daycare (Grant & Janis) are actually not seen again since. (I have a whole excel sheet with the various grunts, yes i do weird projects when i am bored)

I always assumed they were the same. Never really paid attention to their names.

Then... why do they even recognise us?

1 hour ago, Sirrobert said:

I always assumed they were the same. Never really paid attention to their names.

Then... why do they even recognise us? 

Getting a little of topic here but.... eeeh what evs
Grant & Janis recognize the Player because they are also battled in Mosswater Factory, along with 18 other Grunts, all of which encountered at least one more time after that (actually more 3 times at least except for Grant & Janis)
You have to realise that all the Meteor Grunts (and Orderlys and Cultists later) are distinct characters (I bet most people don't even notice the names) and all get seen at least twice, most more often than that, to underline the point: one Meteor Grunt in particular is battled 7 times thats one more time than both Fern and Cain (and more than Aster for that matter) which I think makes him the most commonly battled character in the game so far
Maybe i really should share that excel sheet in some way, make a post about it or something, there are a few interesting things about this

Edited by Falirion